A song you're embarrassed to like

Options

Replies

• MissMarley137
    Options
    Like a Virgin by Glee :blushing:

okay I originally went to go make a snarky comment... but I thought that would be rude and uncalled for, so I'm just gonna say I LOVE this song too... but the real one.... by Madonna.

:)
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Baby beluga in the deep blue sea, Swim so wild and you swim so free. Heaven above and the sea below, And a little white whale on the go. Baby beluga, baby beluga, Is the water warm? Is your mama home, With you so happy? Way down yonder where the dolphins play, Where you dive and splash all day, Waves roll in and the waves roll out. See the water squirting out of your spout. Baby beluga, oh, baby beluga, Sing your little song, sing for all your friends. We like to hear you. When it's dark, you're home and fed. Curled up snug in your waterbed. Moon is shining and the stars are out. Good night, little whale, good night. Baby beluga, oh, baby beluga, With tomorrow's sun, another day's begun. You'll soon be waking. Baby beluga in the deep blue sea, Swim so wild and you swim so free. Heaven above and the sea below, And a little white whale on the go. You're just a little white whale on the go.

"Baby Beluga" by Raffi .... have slow-danced to this in the kitchen with my hubby :blushing:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    call me maybe by carly rae jepsen
    Ha! me too!
  • Sassy922
    Sassy922 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I'm not embarrassed by my horrible music choices. :wink:

I do joke though if someone took my iPod, they'd think I had a split personality there is such a wide variety on there. Backstreet Boys, Britney Spears, Miley Cyrus, BBD, Katy Perry, Stacey Q, KC & the Sunshine Band... just to name a few.
  • MissMarley137
    Options
    Starships by Nicki Minaj
    She'd be a good singer, if she stopped trying to rap.
    And if she stopped dressing like those guys who cross dress in a really obvious way at the gay parades.

Certainly correct me if I'm wrong, but I get the feeling you don't like rap music in general? Cuz she is one of the most entertaining rappers out there nowadays, and clever too. Notice I didn't say "for a chick" or anything. Just my two cents.
  • krissyliz78
    krissyliz78 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Big Red Car by the Wiggles.

LOOOOVE the Wiggles...hahaha seen them in concert...Mashed potato Mashed potato
  • skinnygurl02
    skinnygurl02 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    call me maybe by carly rae jepsen. it's my ringtone...
  • MissMarley137
    Options
    Back in Time by Pitbull - the fact that it uses "Love Is Strange" as source material is what hooked me.

That's funny, because it's precisely why I don't care for the song. Not "Love is Strange," because I love that original song, but I don't think Pitbull did it quite right. It sounds to me very obvious that it's an old song just stuck into a new one.... I don't think it's blended or transformed very well.

All that being said, it is quite catchy and I do find myself bopping my head when it comes on the radio.
  • FlyEaglesGuy
    FlyEaglesGuy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Justin Bieber "Boyfriend" don't judge me!
  • MissMarley137
    Options
    "I like big butts" by Sir Mix Alot. I know horrible but I have always had a big butt. It made me feel special. :flowerforyou:

Hey me too!!!
  • _beautiful_disaster_
    Options
    even now by barry manilow, im 17 and I love me some barry manilow. :D
  • MissMarley137
    Options
    "I like big butts" by Sir Mix Alot. I know horrible but I have always had a big butt. It made me feel special. :flowerforyou:

I like this song. And "Fat Bottomed Girls" by Queen. makes me feel a little more appreciated for all the junk in my trunk.

^^ditto^^
  • raven3lise
    raven3lise Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Starships by Nicki Minaj
    And if she stopped dressing like those guys who cross dress in a really obvious way at the gay parades.

Certainly correct me if I'm wrong, but I get the feeling you don't like rap music in general? Cuz she is one of the most entertaining rappers out there nowadays, and clever too. Notice I didn't say "for a chick" or anything. Just my two cents.
    The first time I heard her rap, she rhymed "young" with "young." Rhyming the same words is just something a five year old writing the last two lines of a "roses are red" poem does. It's really not that hard to find something that rhymes with "young" and makes sense. It just killed any idea of her being good for me. Its not that I don't like rap, I just really don't like a lot of the lyrics and ideas put in that genre.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Red Solo Cup - Toby Keith
  • RLDeShazo
    RLDeShazo Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Red Solo Cup - Toby Keith

Love that song!!! It is on my phone. Me and the kids love to sing along to it. :)
  • MissMarley137
    Options
    Starships by Nicki Minaj

The first time I heard her rap, she rhymed "young" with "young." Rhyming the same words is just something a five year old writing the last two lines of a "roses are red" poem does. It's really not that hard to find something that rhymes with "young" and makes sense. It just killed any idea of her being good for me. Its not that I don't like rap, I just really don't like a lot of the lyrics and ideas put in that genre.

Respectable enough. To each their own, and all that.
  • YogaNikki
    YogaNikki Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Good Vibrations. Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch. No shame here....Although I think I should be, lol!

The only shame is on Marky Mark for trying to distance himself from his music past!

Lol, we can be friends :)
  • czuniga03
    czuniga03 Posts: 99
    Options
    Okay guys so it's simple. Just write a song that you can't help but like, despite how embarrassing it might be!!

Mine would have to be Boyfriend by Justin Bieber. I just can't help liking the damn thing!

Also, my teacher at my pole studio choreographed a routine to it. So hot!! You can watch the routine here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEGE8r5jPfQ

Haha..mine too..love it for some reason I think its the great beat! Reminds me of Backstreet Boys & JT's early stuff..I know I am a dork!
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Good Vibrations. Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch. No shame here....Although I think I should be, lol!

The only shame is on Marky Mark for trying to distance himself from his music past!

Lol, we can be friends :)

At my sister's wedding I suggested the wedding party come out to that song. She thought I meant Good Vibrations by the Beach Boys. My cousin looked over at my sister right before we went out and asked her "How on earth did you not know your brother meant the Marky Mark song?"
  • daveclrk58
    daveclrk58 Posts: 258
    Options
    "Careless Whisper" -Wham!