• NostalgicMuse
    NostalgicMuse Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Gonna start next week...looks fun! :)

YEY!!! The more the merrier!
  • NostalgicMuse
    Options
    Do you have to purchase anything or is it all online? If i'm trying to increase my running mileage and speed do you think it will interfere with my running progress?

I've found it all online... It looks like you CAN also purchase the program as a 3 DVD pkg and some booklet, but I'm not into spending the $$ right now when I can do it for nothing.

I'm not a personal trainer, so I cannot say whether or not it will interfere with your running progress.... I can tell you that I am also training (early stages- doing Couch to 5K- you can see the schedule in my profile pics. And I like to do both because BB give me some strength and cardio and then I overlap the Cto5K plan so I am pushing myself that little bit more. I think they compliment each other well. These are just 2 plans I've found that I like and are going to help me reach some of my goals.

I've been on MFP for 3 weeks. BB for 2 weeks and Cto5K since Tuesday. I like to add a little as I get stronger.
  • NostalgicMuse
    Options
    I'll give it a go...if I can get my PC to play it. Can't wait to see the results.

It's amazing! In one week I lost 2 inches on my waist. That is measurable, but just today I am SEEING differences in the upper and lower and mid sections of my body. THAT is what keeps me moving and doing a workout every day.

All of you please feel free to add me as a friend. I love seeing and sharing progress reports!
  • NostalgicMuse
    Options
    hell why not :) im in!

woo hoo!!!
  • NostalgicMuse
    Options
    Looks amazing! :) Will try to start this week (maybe even today). What do you log these exercises as?
    I had no idea what to log it as, after searching high and low on the internet I found:
    http://www.fitclick.com/exercises_Butt_Bible_Lower_Level_1?eqID=5768
    that says: "Calories Burned: 408 calories per hour (based on a body weight of 150 lbs.)"

So, that's what I log. I built my own exercise in MFP called Butt Bible Lower Level 1 and used those numbers as a basis... though the weight is not where I am, I just wanted SOMETHING to log.... I could prob do the math and work out what it is for my body, but I'm ok with under-estimating and over-delivering. It is really working out for me. BIG TIME.
  • NostalgicMuse
    Options
    That sounds great! I had started it once but was given a schedule that had you going every day...this seems way better as I could do it with the other program I am doing.
    I've found it exhausts me JUST ENOUGH... I still have had energy to do other exercises and in fact have added to my regimen. YOU CAN DO THIS! Keep pushing!
  • LlostInSpace
    Options
    I'm up for it!
  • FinsUpBindy
    FinsUpBindy Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    something new to try!
  • LaniCanDoIt
    Options
    I'm in.
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I'm in :smile:
    This will take me up to (roughly) the day I move to uni - get me into shape before then :smile:

How do we log this into our MFP exercise diaries?
  • starbucksbuzz
    starbucksbuzz Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    about how long do the workouts take? can I do them at home or do I need gym equipment?
  • runjenrun13
    Options
    I've been on MFP for 3 weeks. BB for 2 weeks and Cto5K since Tuesday. I like to add a little as I get stronger.

I am doing a similar training to Cto5k and it's great! I have been doing it for 6 weeks now. At the beginning I couldn't run even for 3 minutes and now I can run for 15 minutes in a row! It's quite addictive when you realise the progress you're making :)
    But that doesn't seem to be enough to lose those damn 4 kg! I hope that MFP and BB helps me get fitter once and for all!
  • NostalgicMuse
    Options
    This will take me up to (roughly) the day I move to uni - get me into shape before then :smile:

I had no idea what to log it as, after searching high and low on the internet I found:
    that says: "Calories Burned: 408 calories per hour (based on a body weight of 150 lbs.)"

So, that's what I log. I built my own exercise in MFP called Butt Bible Lower Level 1 and used those numbers as a basis... though the weight is not where I am, I just wanted SOMETHING to log.... I could prob do the math and work out what it is for my body, but I'm ok with under-estimating and over-delivering. It is really working out for me. BIG TIME.
  • NostalgicMuse
    Options
    about how long do the workouts take? can I do them at home or do I need gym equipment?

the first set is about 25 minutes, then the second 35, third 45.
    You can do them at home. So far they've said to use a towel (stretching) and dumbells- i use canned goods, though a rock could work.... really, as long as you are MOVING and DOING it... you'll feel it. :) I hear by the 3rd one I may need a bar to lift... i'll probably purchase some weights for myself or use a tool from the garage... there's gotta be something out there I can lift. lol
  • NostalgicMuse
    Options

I just "did" the math... looks like I'd burn about 560 cals each time. (408/150=2.72 cal/lb of weight x your weight= your cals burned per HOUR) mind you these are roughly 1/2 hr sessions. ;)
  • NostalgicMuse
    Options
    http://www.lowfatlifestyle.com/caloriecalculator.htm
    This calorie calculator tells me I burn 803 cals/hour doing circut training- that is 334 cals/ the 25 minute workouts...

Maybe someone with some knowledge on calories burning will chime in...
    QUESTION: When a 150 lb person burns calories next to the 200 lb person, is the 200 lb persons burn equivalent per pound of body weight to the 150 lb person's burn, or does it increase exponentially?
  • LaniCanDoIt
    Options
    I just got done with the Day 1 of the Butt Bible....WOW!! That was intense, I almost cried half way through but luckily I suck it up and made it to the end. Can't wait to continue on for a nice result :)
  • NostalgicMuse
    Options
    I just got done with the Day 1 of the Butt Bible....WOW!! That was intense, I almost cried half way through but luckily I suck it up and made it to the end. Can't wait to continue on for a nice result :)
    GOOD JOB GIRL!!!! Wait till tomorrow! heehee
  • NostalgicMuse
    Options
    This calorie calculator tells me I burn 803 cals/hour doing circuit training- that is 334 cals/ the 25 minute workouts...

Maybe someone with some knowledge on calories burning will chime in...
    QUESTION: When a 150 lb person burns calories next to the 200 lb person, is the 200 lb persons burn equivalent per pound of body weight to the 150 lb person's burn, or does it increase exponentially?

FYI: I am wearing my glasses because they make me smart ;)
    Did more math- OH DO I HAVE A FUN LIFE!!
    a person weighing 109lb working for 25 minutes doing circuit training burns @ a rate of 1.596 calories per pound. A person weighing 209lb doing the same workout burns at the same rate!! There's the answer.

SO if you want to learn your burn (coined here folks) then do some math with me:
    1.596 x your weight = your calories burned doing circuit training (which is what the Butt Bible is categorized as.

AND if you missed it the first time, here is the link to the calorie calculator I used:

Please, if anyone knows different- we'd love to be educated!
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Hey!!!! I just wanted to say I did the Butt Bible last year when it was on Exercise TV (that used to be on ON DEMAND) I did all of them and let me tell for minimal to no equipment my butt was SORE!!! She even had one upper body and that was great too! I would love to do it. Who knew it was online!!!!!!!!! YAAAAAAAY!

I want to join.