This is embarassing.....

Options
124»

Replies

• TONYAGOOCH
    TONYAGOOCH Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I used to lift first because that was my focus. But I'm switching my focus for a little while, and after a good lifting session, I don't have the strength to push out the endurance cardio I'm looking for. I'll go back to focusing on lifting again in a few weeks, but for now I want to focus on endurance work. Kind of like right now, I'm not lifting as well because after the endurance work, I don't have the strength I used to. I'm okay with that because I'll get back to it. For now, I just want to do a little bit to try to maintain what I've built already as I work on other things.

I do wear black pants - tight fitting cuz it's more comfortable for me. I supposed if I did loose clothing, it might help, but then I'd be miserable...

Try wearing a longer shirt :smile:
  • HartJames
    HartJames Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Try wearing a liner?
  • nelsonwd
    nelsonwd Posts: 38
    Options
    I do cardio first and then lift also. I bring a hand towel to sit on and also wipe down the machines. I hate being all sweaty too, but feel better about sitting on my own towel and then wiping down the machine.

Dona
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    welcome to the club. people aren't going to think you've peed yourself if your tshirts is also soaked.

what i do is wear colors where the wet is less likely to show : black, dark grey, dark blue. i also wear moisture wicking stuff. that helps A LOT but doesnt completely resolve the issue on days when i'm really in the zone.

for my walk home i wear lounge pants over my workout gear
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Think of the bonus here - you CAN pee your pants and it will just look like you're sweating! :D

OK, seriously - I bring a change of pants if my "lower body" sweat gets to be too much.

Sweating is your body's cooling system - the more you sweat the more efficient your cooling mechanism is! SWEAT ON!

HA!!! I love it. :)
    I forgot to mention pantyliners, too, but it looks like a couple people already mentioned that. Seriously, people sweat in gyms and don't care if you're dripping next to them, as long as you don't drip ON them, and clean your equipment. I get self-conscious because I'd get sweaty in yoga, and because of the poses, my legs would be wide open displaying my wet pants crotch for all to see. And once I left the studio, it was no longer automatically obvious I had been exercising (no changing room there) -- I just found it easier, drier, and more comfy to find good pants that didn't collect the water. :)

Oh, and if you don't like tight, shiny, synthetic fabrics, check out under armour's charged cotton pants. It's not their typical material at all (which I hate) -- I love them! They're roomy, too.