June Move Your @ss Challenge...

Options

Replies

• amazingmummy
    amazingmummy Posts: 816 Member
    Options

exercise.png

raining here all the time. but getting there.
    updated.
  • belle_74
    belle_74 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    ... 3.5 mile (tempo) run this evening. Taking the day off tomorrow but will try to get one more run in on Saturday if I can ...

exercise.png
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,947 Member
    Options
    3 mile walk on the beach.

exercise.png
  • gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    9 miles today: a 4-mile run (on the treadmill--my way of not dealing with the heat and humidity), and walked the dog 5 miles.

exercise.png
  • msuzie
    msuzie Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    June 28: 2.3 miles
    Total: 43/60

I'm not sure how I'll manage 17 miles in two days. Good thing the 30th is a Saturday so I can walk/run ALL DAY! :)
  • KSea77
    KSea77 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    June 27 2 miles

exercise.png
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I do not know when I posted last but I have been bustin it to hit my goal!! I have ridden bike and walked with my furries!
    I WILL change the ticker scenery in a couple of days!!:laugh:

weight loss forum today for free weight loss support!
    2f7706cb932173b.png
  • renbenning
    renbenning Posts: 16
    Options
    3 more miles!!

exercise.png
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    29 June 4.63kms
    MTD 214.89

Ticker Updated

Join our weight loss forum today for free weight loss support!
    fe69104fa975c0d.gif
  • Newnanax3
    Newnanax3 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I got another 4.13 miles in yesterday~ so close to hitting my goal :glasses:

exercise.png
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I'm probably going spinning tomorrow morning still...but wanted to update today just in case.

Happy Friday!

exercise.png
  • spikesmom
    spikesmom Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Plugging along!

exercise.png
  • palmerb2
    palmerb2 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    78.93/60 setting a goal really moved my @ss!
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    i actually replied to coni in a private message and after seeing your post to her here decided i was going to paste it here too....i want to "backup" and reiterate what you said cause it's very important in my opinion....

here's what i sent her...
    <<<<<you deserve a pat on the back for training for a 10k in the summer time....great job and please dont put yourself down....have you tried interval running instead of full on running???? i was shocked to find out marathon runners do intervals...i just always assumed they ran the entire time....i actually have a better pace when i do intervals...just a thought...denise...

Jeff galloway has a great program...from his site...http://www.jeffgalloway.com/

"Jeff's quest for the injury-free marathon training program led him to develop group training programs in 1978, and to author Runner's World articles which have been used by hundreds of thousands of runners of all abilities. His training schedules have inspired the second wave of marathoners who follow the Galloway RUN-WALK-RUN™, low mileage, three-day, suggestions to an over 98% success rate.

Jeff has worked with over 200,000 average people in training for specific goals and is the inventor of the Galloway RUN-WALK-RUN™ method. Jeff is an inspirational speaker to over 200 running and fitness sessions each year.

His innovative ideas have opened up the possibility of running and completing a marathon to almost everyone. Philosophically, Jeff believes that we were all designed to run and walk, and he keeps finding ways to bring more people into the positive world of exercise...">>>>
    A 4-mile run today followed by the one-mile Walk of Shame. (It was supposed to be a 5-mile run, but I quit at 4 miles and walked the remainder.)

Also walked the dog 3 miles today.

exercise.png

You know the best i have ever done in a year of trying to consistantly run is 4 miles. It was actually the day i hit the first 3.1 (5k!) miles and i just kept going that day lol...I believe the adreniline itself would have let me go for a marathon. That day, and only that day, I made myself stop for fear of causing major injury.

It is actually you who rock.Tthere is no shame in walking. I started by walking. Then lots of walking. Then unbelieveable amounts of walking. Only then, did i start to jog. a bit.....and went from there. I'm not sure where exactly I decided in my mind that anything but running was failure on my part. I was wrong.

I am so glad to know a guy who is training for a full ironman, that runs/walks. I will never think lesser again. :)
  • jonnyb62
    jonnyb62 Posts: 426
    Options
    Another 12 mile run for me this morning - almost there!

exercise.png

exercise.png
  • jonnyb62
    Options
    9 miles today: a 4-mile run (on the treadmill--my way of not dealing with the heat and humidity), and walked the dog 5 miles.

exercise.png

And quietly, Coni sneaks up and makes goal! Way to go!!! :drinker: :drinker: Please give yourself more credit - you truly are killing it!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • jonnyb62
    Options
    78.93/60 setting a goal really moved my @ss!

Nice job palmer! :smokin:
  • gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    jonnyb62 wrote:
    Another 12 mile run for me this morning - almost there!
    It has been so amazing watching you amass this incredible amount of miles after coming back from vacation. What an accomplishment. Congratulations, Jonny! It is so clear you will make this goal. :drinker: