New here from PA, looking for others to help motivate

Options

Replies

• lgrove74
    lgrove74 Posts: 2
    Options
    WOW!!! This is SOOOOO AWESOME! Who would think there would be so many of us, and a few of you are close to me! YAY!!!! I'm super new, and haven't found my way around everything yet, but will do my best to add all my PA ppl! Im in South Central PA, literally right across the Mason Dixon Line!:happy:
  • nbsambucca
    nbsambucca Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Lebanon county here!!! Grew up in Lehigh county....moved to York county, then Cumberland county, and now In Lebanon county. Any PA peeps feel free to friend request! Looking for some INSANITY support.
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I'm originally from Westmoreland County, some little podunk coal patch nobody's heard of...

Now (a little south of) Pittsburgh here! Welcome aboard! smiley-greet024.gif
  • UnderConstructionLuis
    Options
    WOW!!! This is SOOOOO AWESOME! Who would think there would be so many of us, and a few of you are close to me! YAY!!!! I'm super new, and haven't found my way around everything yet, but will do my best to add all my PA ppl! Im in South Central PA, literally right across the Mason Dixon Line!:happy:

That's great. We're all here to get healthy and fit. We can all use a kick in the butt sometimes. I live a few miles north of the MD/PA border along 83.
  • UnderConstructionLuis
    Options
    Lebanon county here!!! Grew up in Lehigh county....moved to York county, then Cumberland county, and now In Lebanon county. Any PA peeps feel free to friend request! Looking for some INSANITY support.

How are you liking insanity? I did it for about a month but stopped. I wasn't really on point with my nutrition which is most of the battle. But the workouts were pretty intense. Pure Cardio is a beast of a workout!
  • amanda8o
    amanda8o Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I lived in York about 5 years ago and had to laugh when I saw that somebody from Emigsville won the cash 5 cause that's the little itty bitty town I used to live in lol
  • mom2fabfive
    mom2fabfive Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am from PA, too! I have been on here since March and have lost 24 lbs. tracking my food, exercising and building a good support system. Would be happy to support you in your journey to a healthier you! I will add you! What part of the state are you from? I grew up in central PA but currently live in southwestern PA with my husband and 5 kids!

I didn't realize you grew up in central pa. I live in york county now.

To the original poster, feel free to add me. I like to motivate and encourage just as much as i like receiving it in return. Good luck!

Yup..my dad worked at Penn State in the ag department for 37 years. Most of my immediate family is still in Centre County. My younger sister is an administrative assistant at Penn State now. See we learn something new about our friends here all the time! : )
  • Primalgal
    Primalgal Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Another Pennsylvanian here! I'm an hour north of Harrisburg and an hour east of State College. Pretty much the middle of the state. Anyone can feel free to friend me.

I need to buckle down and get serious about this weight loss. Maybe a new crop of friends will be the kick in the pants that I need!

Lori
  • dsn1118
    dsn1118 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm in PA, too. Lancaster County. Nice to know there are so many of us here. :)
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hi, Leslie! I am born and raised PA (Bucks County), now living in S. Jersey. Feel free to add me, if you wish!
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Stewartstown in the house. Feel free to add me
  • nbsambucca
    nbsambucca Posts: 123 Member
    Options

How are you liking insanity? I did it for about a month but stopped. I wasn't really on point with my nutrition which is most of the battle. But the workouts were pretty intense. Pure Cardio is a beast of a workout!

starting on Sunday.....i sat and watched the fit test..lol... Im SO excited to do it. I just finished P90X, got my nutrition pretty much in line (not 100% but Id say about 90% on mark). I didnt lose the body fat I was hoping to. I know there are muscles under there now...hoping Insanity will reveal them!!
  • 55gidget
    55gidget Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Moving to Pennsylvania next week, Delaware County area, from Florida..originally from Philadelphia. Lost 60lbs 2 years ago..needing to keep it off and maintain. Great to meet you all here!
  • gsbanks1
    gsbanks1 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am from Philadelphia, PA. Feel free to add me!
  • agerena007
    agerena007 Posts: 51
    Options
    Jersey friend, welcome... Feel free to add
  • CrazyCatLadee2
    CrazyCatLadee2 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I am in central pa myself. Always looking for friends to motivate. I have about 60-70 to lose depending on how I feel once I get to the first set of goals. I have already lost 50 on my own.
  • TanzaMarie
    TanzaMarie Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Add me too. I'm from Harrisburg, went to school in both Philly and Pittsburgh and have family in the Lewistown area (outside Penn State). I've lost 15 and have 20+ to go. Starting to fall off the healthy wagon so could definitely use the encouragement too!
  • PennStateChick
    PennStateChick Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Pa here too feel free to add me,I'm from the sweetest place on Earth :wink:

I work in Hershey. I actually live about an hour north though.
  • christina_1011
    christina_1011 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    hi there ...always looking for motivation and support as well ...feel free to add me
  • Vince_1964
    Vince_1964 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Originally from Pittsburgh (born and raised) - now in San Antonio TX - after the Air Force moved me all around the country and world ... but like to stay connected to PA!