What's Your Odd Little Quirk?

Options
TadaGanIarracht
TadaGanIarracht Posts: 2,615 Member
You catch yourself doing something and then you feel the need to explain it or you say what I do which is "I'm weird, I know".

For me the weirdest thing I do is sniffing my boyfriend's armpit when we're cuddling. :huh: Yeah, I know... I'm strange. Another quirk that's a little less odd is if someone touches my nose, I HAVE to rub it, if I'm not able to I get really anxious. I don't know why I do that but I have since I was about 12.

Now I want to know what weird quirks do you have?

Replies

• Krizzo87
    Krizzo87 Posts: 14,186 Member
    Options
    I hate feet...I actually have a fear of them! Touch me with your feet and I lose it!! Like you said...I'm weird, I know... :huh:
  • iwillsoonbeslim
    Options
    Far, far too many to list =P
  • benich3043
    benich3043 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    If I go out to eat or have fast food or something or even something i may have wrapped in aluminum foil for later, I always feel the need to fold the paper/wrapper/foil into a neat little square or rectangle. Not just one, but every last wrapper and the napkin as well.

I recently noticed my mother does the same thing so it was probably a learned behavior.
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I always have to make sure everything is off before I leave the house. I even unplug things!
  • EmilyTBD
    EmilyTBD Posts: 8
    Options
    Eating in a circle around a sandwich or burger. And not biting it, but ripping little pieces off the edges until it is gone.

When I was little I was convinced that the middle of a sandwich or burger is absolutely the best part and I should savor that last piece. Now it's just become a habit!
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    I keep my ringer off - hate interrupting phone calls!
    I check it hourly and most are calls I won't even bother returning or acknowledging.
    Gives me control.
  • Dethea
    Dethea Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    You probably smell your boyfriends armpits because of the pheromones. :flowerforyou:
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    One of my feet is constantly in motion. Drives my hubby nuts at night cause I even do it in my sleep. He told me if he holds one still the other starts. Still wondering how I got so fat if I'm always on the move.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Eating in a circle around a sandwich or burger. And not biting it, but ripping little pieces off the edges until it is gone.

When I was little I was convinced that the middle of a sandwich or burger is absolutely the best part and I should savor that last piece. Now it's just become a habit!

This is true, it absolutely IS the best bite!:bigsmile:
  • melbaby925
    melbaby925 Posts: 613
    Options
    I cannot stand to leave a door open. Cabinet doors, closet doors. Drawers that aren't closed all the way.

Makes me fidgety. I have no idea how I got to be so nuts with it. But I've been trying to break the habit. I leave stuff open and walk out of the room and try and see how long I can stand it before I have to go close it.

Nothing like trying to mind-shrink yourself.
  • Yolanda_85
    Yolanda_85 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    When snuggling on the couch with my boyfriend, I pick at or play with the legs of his jeans if there is any loose material to play with, or I absently rub my finger tips over the material. If our hands are touching (not necessarily holding hands, but if his hand is over mine or close enough to touch) I rub my finger tips up and down his fingers....it's nothing sexual and never leads anywhere, but I can't help but touch/play with his fingers. His hands are rough from years of working in factories and I love the way they feel.
  • YokoJ
    YokoJ Posts: 253
    Options
    I bite. Something about the feeling I like. My friends and I will be just sitting around or driving and I'll randomly bite their arm.
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    You catch yourself doing something and then you feel the need to explain it or you say what I do which is "I'm weird, I know".

For me the weirdest thing I do is sniffing my boyfriend's armpit when we're cuddling. :huh: Yeah, I know... I'm strange. Another quirk that's a little less odd is if someone touches my nose, I HAVE to rub it, if I'm not able to I get really anxious. I don't know why I do that but I have since I was about 12.

Now I want to know what weird quirks do you have?

I am the same way about my nose, sometiems if some one teases me adn acts like they are going to touch my nose I have to rub it.

I also hate open doors, espically when I am sleeping, teh beddroom door, bathroom door and both closets must be closed for me to sleep.

Also, if my husband misses hairs shaving i have to pull them out or send him back to the bathroom to fix it.
  • starfish1783
    starfish1783 Posts: 120
    Options
    Krizzo - Same here! I despise feet. My mom took me for a pedicure once and it was the most un-relaxing experiences i've ever had. I always tell people - my two most hated things on Earth are mushrooms and feet. Why? Because mushrooms are fungus. Know where else fungus can grow? On feet! I know, I'm weird.. it's just part of my charm. :wink:

I also can't have any of my food touch on my plate. I have to keep them separate and i'll even get a second plate if I have to. The only exception is Thanksgiving. Turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing and gravy all get piled together. Wow.. i sound like such a sad sack, LOL! :ohwell:
  • krazykristen123
    krazykristen123 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    When i'm thinking really hard i stare off into space without blinking.
    I've gone a couple of mins doing it before, kinda freaks people out XD
  • girl_afraid82
    girl_afraid82 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I eat my meals in a specific order, and always have to finish one part of the meal before I start on the next. My other half just mashes his whole dinner into a big blob, I have no idea how he can do that!!

I also put sweets into colour groups and eat them from least favourite colour to most favourite. I can't eat them at random, does my head in!
  • lauralind5
    lauralind5 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I fold those too. And straw papers get folded in half and then half and half.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MellyGibson
    MellyGibson Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Pretty much everything I do...

I have a mild case of OCD, and when I sit down at a table I will have to rearrange everything on it to be perfectly straight. I rearrange the jellies in the little holder to be "correct", the sugars, everything.

There are a bunch of other things - but that's the most obvious.
  • TadaGanIarracht
    TadaGanIarracht Posts: 2,615 Member
    Options
    When i'm thinking really hard i stare off into space without blinking.
    I've gone a couple of mins doing it before, kinda freaks people out XD

I've done this. My boyfriend eventually shouted at me "BLINK!". Lol.