My FITNESS pal.

Options
pavingnewpaths
pavingnewpaths Posts: 367 Member
Not my WEIGHTLOSS pal.

Seriously, why don't people realize that when you focus on getting healthy, weight loss will come with it?

If all you're doing is trying to lose weight, many many complications can come along with that if you aren't making a point to be healthy.

*arg*

Edit: I don't mean that you shouldn't be here to try and lose weight. I just mean that anyone's main focus should be their health status as well!

Replies

• CDMAGS
    CDMAGS Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Thats the great thing about this app/site...once you get to the weight you want if you keep tracking you can maintain!
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Do what works for you, let other people do what works for them. It's all good.
  • pavingnewpaths
    Options
    Thats the great thing about this app/site...once you get to the weight you want if you keep tracking you can maintain!

I like this website because it keeps track of my nutrients and exercise as well, not just my calorie intake.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Some people just need to focus on one thing at a time, and their biggest priority might be losing weight first, especially if they are obese. Just dropping excess weight can and often does put many people in a better state of health.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options

^^I am gonna go ahead and second this guy^^
  • pavingnewpaths
    Options

It is if their motivation is to lose weight to look good. That's fine, go ahead. If you're also sticking to healthy choices, that's cool too.

But seriously, does it not irk people when people are eating only 600 calories a day and even risking their health just to lose weight.
  • SuperAmie
    SuperAmie Posts: 307 Member
    Options

^^I am gonna go ahead and second this guy^^

Third!
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    People's goals shouldn't affect you this much :P
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options

It is if their motivation is to lose weight to look good. That's fine, go ahead. If you're also sticking to healthy choices, that's cool too.

But seriously, does it not irk people when people are eating only 600 calories a day and even risking their health just to lose weight.

Being overweight and obese is a health risk too. And its questionable whether eating under 1200 calories is really all that bad, particularly for an obese person.
  • SuperAmie
    Options

Ya thats what bothers me...alot... but not everyones like that.
  • BubbleGumKisses
    BubbleGumKisses Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    People's goals shouldn't affect you this much :P

THIS
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options

you know letting things like this stress you out is very unhealthy ;) Stress is a very real problem for your health
  • JAT63
    JAT63 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I like to track my food, because I can see if I go over one day by eating pizza or BK, then I just re-adjust the next day. It’s a great tool to help you stay on track, without it, you really do not realize how many calories you take in…it’s just a nice tool to help you on your journey. But the bottom line is, it’s all about portion control…
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I had a whole different idea of what the 'F' stands for and it rhymes with bucking. It's more fun that way.
  • pavingnewpaths
    Options
    Let me specify what I mean.

I am not talking about the people who use this website at all. This was in reference to anyone who is losing weight in an unhealthy fashion, just to reach their goal weight. For example, starving themselves or purging or some other absurd tactic.

It's okay for "being skinny" to be your motivation. It's just not okay to go to extremes(to the point where your health/mental state is no longer a concern) JUST to lose those extra pounds.
  • SuperAmie
    Options

Being overweight and obese is a health risk too. And its questionable whether eating under 1200 calories is really all that bad, particularly for an obese person.

The bigger you are, the more you need to eat.. you can deffinitly "down size" the meals.. but going from lets say 3000cals to 1200 or less... will have bad side effects.. its gotta be slow and gradual..Bigger the body, more fuel it needs.
    The body needs to be full and fueled. Starving will never help.
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    It's also not My Critical Pal, My Bi**h Session Pal, My Rant Pal, My boyfriend isn't helping me Pal, My exercise calories Pal, or My I want advice but not if it disagrees with my preconcieved notions Pal. But people do what they want.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    DO take time to tell me what FITNESS means to me
  • lorib75
    lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    You're not the boss of me! LOL
    :laugh:
  • pavingnewpaths
    Options

you know letting things like this stress you out is very unhealthy ;) Stress is a very real problem for your health

Mmm, a lot of things irk me. Very few stress me out.