July Move Your *kitten* Challenge....

Options
bluiz13
bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
Okay *kitten* movers, here's the new thread for July's move your *kitten* challenge.....welcome to the newbies and welcome back to the oldies...

Set your goal, make your ticker or add your goal and current miles moved to the thread as often as possible and then get moving starting Sunday, July 1st.

Please do not post any June miles here...dinos will update our June spreadsheet when he gets back from his business trip to Norway??.....only add July goals/miles here....

The goal is to set a distance goal KM or Miles and track your distance for the month...you are challenging yourself, not competing against anyone else.....the miles can be on a treadmill, the stairmaster, the elliptical, the bike, roller blades, walking, running, biking, hiking, swimming (if you can measure).....just set a goal and do the work...report to the thread often to keep dino updated because he tracks our info on a spreadsheet so you can see how you are doing compared to the group but not to compete with them....the idea is to set your goal and reach it before the end of the month....

Welcome to all - new and old.....have a great month challenging yourself....

Replies

• Sbehlmer
    Sbehlmer Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Whoohooo...you know I'm ready for this again!!!! My goal for July is 125 miles (up 25 miles from the June MYAC) :)
  • benich3043
    benich3043 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Sounds fun. Is there a ticker for this by chance. I think my goal will be low this month as this is my first time doing the challenge. 60 miles. I will not count the walking I do all day for my job as that would be ridiculous to keep track of.
  • bluiz13
    Options
    i'm thinking my goal for july will be smaller due to our vacation and starting up wts again but i'll more than likely pass it anyway lol....

my goal for july is...60miles....i need to complete just under 20 before i leave for maine on the 21st but i know i'll be further along than that....have a nice afternoon friends...looking forward to moving our a$$es together another month :)
    denise
  • balancejenn
    balancejenn Posts: 234
    Options
    I'm in again for July 155 pedometer miles.
  • jonnyb62
    jonnyb62 Posts: 426
    Options
    @benich and other newbies:

First, welcome aboard.

Here's how to do a ticker:

Go to: www.tickerfactory.com
    Choose: Exercise & Fitness Ticker
    Pick your ticker background and icon.
    On the next page you have to complete all the fields
    Then when you click next, a page is displayed that has the code on it.
    Copy the bb code (what's in the box.)
    Come back here and paste it in your post.

Every time you want to update, you will need to go back to tickerfactory and enter your password, update the miles(kms) and then copy and paste again.
  • benich3043
    benich3043 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    cool.thanks
  • BeccaB1981
    BeccaB1981 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I am in for July and WILL make my goal no matter what!! June was a bust because I didn't keep track of any of the walking that I did while on vacation. I might have come close if not surpassed my goal if I had.

I will be walking/running at least 60 MILES in July!
  • saramerrigan
    saramerrigan Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I'm in again for July - thanks for setting up the challenge :flowerforyou:

I had a target of 80 miles for June, and I exceeded that already so am going to push for 100 miles this month :happy:
  • bootcey
    bootcey Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi I accept the challenge. I going for riding my bike 52 miles in July.

exercise.png
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,943 Member
    Options
    I'm in again! Feels a little weird setting my July goal when I still have a couple miles to complete June but what the heck. I WILL make my June goal. I'm going on vacation in July so I'm going to set a lower goal this month -- 75 miles running and walking. Looking forward to another challenge with my old timer friends and welcome to the newbies!

Thanks Dinos and Denise for yet another great challenge!

BTW Dinos, wherever you are, this is my 6th MYA -- I think the June spreadsheet was short one month. I need all the credit I can get to stay motivated LOL!!
  • msgunder
    msgunder Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Since this is the first time I'm doing this I will start at 50 miles. I def hope to surpass this goal but that would be doing 2.5 miles M-F minus 7/4. We'll see what I can do!

So do we just check in on this thread every so often and say what we did and how many miles? Newbie here!
  • acarmickle1
    Options
    I" In for July! This is my first time so I'm going to set my goal at 25 miles! I'm ready to get back on track with working out! :)
  • Carmelos63
    Carmelos63 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm in. pushing it to 85 Miles this month..
  • foxbat2828
    foxbat2828 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I'm in and going to try to up my goal from 75 in June to 100 in July.
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Since I blew June out of the water I am going to up my goal for July. I'm going to go with 80 miles....hope vacationing for a week won't set me back too much!!!
  • bluiz13
    Options
    thanks jonny....i hate answering that question cause i just dont do it right LOL...
    @benich and other newbies:

First, welcome aboard.

Here's how to do a ticker:

Go to: www.tickerfactory.com
    Choose: Exercise & Fitness Ticker
    Pick your ticker background and icon.
    On the next page you have to complete all the fields
    Then when you click next, a page is displayed that has the code on it.
    Copy the bb code (what's in the box.)
    Come back here and paste it in your post.

Every time you want to update, you will need to go back to tickerfactory and enter your password, update the miles(kms) and then copy and paste again.
  • bluiz13
    Options
    yes, just post to the thread as often as you can...i do the simple version...
    xx/yy miles completed...

many others do the tickers...totally up to you but keep updating so dino can keep our sheet current....and it helps keep the thread at the top of your my topics list so you dont have to "hunt" for it if you are active on the message borads...
    welcome,
    denise
    Since this is the first time I'm doing this I will start at 50 miles. I def hope to surpass this goal but that would be doing 2.5 miles M-F minus 7/4. We'll see what I can do!

So do we just check in on this thread every so often and say what we did and how many miles? Newbie here!
  • aegisprncs
    aegisprncs Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna shoot for a cool 100 miles!
  • l_oudman
    l_oudman Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Finished June off at 311 miles so that will be my goal for July.

Join our weight loss forum today for free weight loss support!
    89e2157d45dbfec.gif
  • cyndimcd
    cyndimcd Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    What a great challenge! I would like to join in for July. My running goal is 50 miles.

exercise.png