Fiber one bars...good or bad 4 u?

Options

Replies

• jrs5444
    jrs5444 Posts: 86
    Options
    If you eat more than 2.. you'll be able to steer wayward ships away from the rocks, with your butt. Do not consume them around open flames.

LMAO!!!
  • Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Don't eat any, they are just insulin spikers in wrapping paper... grab some beef jerky and an apple!

This^

I remember a few years ago, in a failed attempt to eat "right" (even when I knew in the back of my head that low fat/etc. didn't work for me) I had 1 of these a day and exercised with cardio. I gained 12 lbs in 1.5 months... the only thing that I changed was not eating eggs and bacon for breakfast and having a FiberOne bar.
  • pitbullmama
    pitbullmama Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I like them. Better than most candy bars and still get a sweet kick. Good alternative in a pinch.

Agreed although they make me super gassy as well, so don't have them often.
  • phatycake
    phatycake Posts: 216
    Options

I know a guy who ate 3 for dinner one evening. The next morning his *kitten* shot across the room. True story.

This, lol!
  • chellie47
    chellie47 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    They do work when you cant go to the bathroom!!! :)
  • chrissilini
    chrissilini Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I used to eat them all the time. Once I started watching carbs/sugar I had to be more selective in my snacking.
    Fiber One bars have 10grams of sugar and 29 carbs.

Now I'll have a hard boiled egg for a snack. or half an avacado. or a piece of dark chocolate 85% (not that good) but I did lose the last 10lbs- praise the Lord! I can do all things thru Christ who strenthens me- even eat right :smile:

The 90 calorie bars have 17g carbs and 5g fiber. Net carb 12.
  • barbaracoffing
    barbaracoffing Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    They are better than no fiber, but they are not really whole grain. They contain inulin, which is a soluble polysaccharide based plant fiber. It can also give you gas!!!
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    LMAO.....some of these are just hilarious!~
  • jtovar12
    jtovar12 Posts: 1
    Options
    OMG! They don't taste bad but they make you tart!!!!!!!!!!!
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I use them for fillers, or when I'm in a hurry and don't have time to sit and eat breakfast. I thought they were supposed to be 'good' for you. I was thinking they were better than a candy bar.
  • Susan2BHealthier
    Susan2BHealthier Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    read the Fiber One label...they actually have arsneic in them...i wrote a letter to them and they said it was within FDA limits...oh my....i switched to Quest Bars....just a few healthy ingredients in them and 20 g protein and 17g of fiber...
  • Kebby83
    Kebby83 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I eat one every day. They are good.
  • drgmac
    drgmac Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Two words: colon blow.
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    read the Fiber One label...they actually have arsneic in them...i wrote a letter to them and they said it was within FDA limits...oh my....i switched to Quest Bars....just a few healthy ingredients in them and 20 g protein and 17g of fiber...
    Would that make them... silent... but deadly??
    BEST POST QUOTE EVER!!!
  • momof2winsplus
    momof2winsplus Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I love them! I eat one every night for a sweet treat before bed. They do not cause me any digestive difficulties, though.
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    to me fiber is fiber, i don't care if i get it from veges or fiber 1 bars, I need to eat a lot of fiber because of my high protein intake,,, I love me the strawberry pb and jellys bars
  • cckellympls
    cckellympls Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Don't eat any, they are just insulin spikers in wrapping paper... grab some beef jerky and an apple!
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    just reAD mY laBEL ...............NO ARSENEIC in mine ,,, where are you shopping lol
  • thinkpositive3
    thinkpositive3 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    If you eat more than 2.. you'll be able to steer wayward ships away from the rocks, with your butt. Do not consume them around open flames.

Hahaha! Omg......you took the thoughts I wanted to say and nailed it on the head! Hats off to you good man! That was a good one.
  • foremate
    foremate Posts: 38
    Options
    you are so right i had to cut those things out...i didnt know where all of the extra air was coming from...but they are so delicious!