How much did you lose B4 You needed new clothing

Options
13»

Replies

• dan95130
    dan95130 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I was literally breaking buttons and the waistband of my undershorts rolled up the second I put them on so I probably should have upsized twenty pounds before I hit my peak. Now I'm at the point where I have to cinch my belt tight to keep my pants up. I bought one pair of jeans about three weeks ago and they were loose the second time I wore them, so I'm reluctant to wate money until I find my set point. For now I'm wearing big clothes and a few old things from the back of my closet.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I have gained 38 pounds during my adult life (23 years). I've always been a size 14, though when I was 150, I could squeeze into a size 12 and when I was 178 size 16 pants definitely would not hang on me.

But clothes were tight at 187, fit pretty well at 175, and looked awesome at 155. I still wear vests and sweaters I had 40 years ago in middle school.

It's easier when you're tall.
  • sabrinamunin
    Options
    I've lost 16 pounds since April, and one of my things to do this weekend is go through my old "too small" clothes and see what fits. My normal pants and shorts are too big but still wearable, but when I tried on clothes a couple weeks ago the next size down wasn't quite comfortable yet - so I think I'm down almost a full size. I know I have shorts that will fit OK, but I'm hoping to find pants! I may have to go shopping or find a belt otherwise because at least one pair of pants is at serious risk of falling down. I'm 5'2", if that helps. I know last time I lost weight it seemed to be about 20 pounds between sizes... at 180 pounds I wore an 18, at 160 I wore a 16...
  • mogriff1
    mogriff1 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    For me it was 13 pounds before I had to buy new clothes. I naturally have a small frame, so any loss really made a huge difference. My clothes were hanging, baggy and were just unflattering. I went from a size 10 to a size 4-6. I am loving shopping for new clothes!
  • RLDeShazo
    RLDeShazo Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    all my pants have elastic waistbands right now, so I haven't needed to make any changes in clothing. Although I do have one skirt that was a little loose at the beginning and is now starting to get way too loose.

I have 2 pairs of jeans that were too tight to be comfortable before I got started. I am hoping by fall they fit. My plan is to hit the thrift store as I go down, so I can keep clothes from falling off without busting the bank.
  • BlondeQtTexas
    BlondeQtTexas Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I lost 32 lbs in 3 months. I went from a size 12 to a 6 and got rid of EVERYTHING. I bought all brand new - size 6 bottoms - small to medium tops and had to buy new underwear and bras because I lost 5 inches EACH off of my chest (bra area), stomach and hips. (I also have a very small frame)

It's been friggen awesome to shop almost every day.

I went from everything looking horrible (to me) in bigger sizes to spending too much money because everything looks great now in my small sizes.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    i've lost 24lbs so far and my jeans are falling off of me and and i've gone down a shirt size. I think I'm losing my butt though. My stomach has definately changed. I'm not buying a new wardrobe until it looks like I'm wearing a trash bag as a shirt. I still have a bunch of old clothes that I can fit into that gives me som wiggle room.
  • barbaracoffing
    barbaracoffing Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad someone asked this question! I have been wondering the same thing!
  • tarheelteacher
    tarheelteacher Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    20-25 needed some new pants; now really need new shirts and I am pinning the pants I bought at -25pds. I am trying to buy as little as possible b/c I hope to keep losing. Sometimes you just need to buy something that really fits as a small reward.
  • Darlingir
    Darlingir Posts: 437
    Options
    when I hit goal I am sooo going on a shopping spree~!