TOM - females only

Options
hey ladies, was just wondering if anyone noticed a change in their cycle/ symptoms since doing diet and exercise. I know I used to get cramps for 2 weeks ( 1 before and the week of ) and now it seems its cut down to about only a few days. Also less back ache and head aches.

anyone else notice changes?

Replies

• sweetgl
    sweetgl Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I've heard that doing exersizes def. can help with cramps and things like that. so thats probably whats happening. It helps me out somtimes def. :smile:
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I have noticed a few changes - I'm more surprised now - I used to know exactly when I would start (due to cramps, and just a general "feeling") and last month, I had none of this. Also, it showed up early and I had absolutely no cramps. My cramps aren't generally too bad but I do normally have them for a couple days at least. That was only the first time I had it since I started working out - I'm due for TOM to show up soon, so I'll see how it treats me this month.

Good question! :flowerforyou:
  • zebras
    zebras Posts: 600
    Options
    My flow has improved greatly. That was a happy surprise. Can't tell too much about cramps, because I often have gotten them so bad that I will take Advil in large quantities at any hint of cramps to keep that at bay.
  • anneplus4
    Options
    My cramps use to be really bad before I started my weight loss, but since I started exercising and drinking more water there not bad at all. I did't know if it was the increase in water or exercise.
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    My PMSing has minimized a slight bit... that "bit: counts for ALOT in my world :embarassed: :laugh:
  • lbpw
    lbpw Posts: 77
    Options
    well i havent gotten my period since july. doctors say the weight loss could have done it but i have no idea. if anything though when i exercise it brings on cramps, even though im not having a period. sometimes its so bad i practically fall off the treadmill and cry on the floor :cry:
  • amk1725
    amk1725 Posts: 156
    Options
    I have noticed a few changes - I'm more surprised now - I used to know exactly when I would start (due to cramps, and just a general "feeling") and last month, I had none of this. Also, it showed up early and I had absolutely no cramps. My cramps aren't generally too bad but I do normally have them for a couple days at least. That was only the first time I had it since I started working out - I'm due for TOM to show up soon, so I'll see how it treats me this month.

Good question! :flowerforyou:

That happened exactly to me just yesterday!! I thought I was crazy! It was early (about 2 wks), no symptoms: no cramps, no moodiness, no tiredness, no soreness. It came out of nowhere and it was weird.

I was wondering if it had to do with this "healthier lifestyle"...I'm glad I'm not the only one wondering.
  • faythe
    faythe Posts: 245
    Options
    I have more cramps now that I'm exercising but my flow is lighter and my PMS symptoms are all but gone. I still get bloated, though. :/ Great question!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    thnx for the feed back ladies, I'm glad there are other ppl out there experiencing these changes and we are able to talk about it!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    well i havent gotten my period since july. doctors say the weight loss could have done it but i have no idea. if anything though when i exercise it brings on cramps, even though im not having a period. sometimes its so bad i practically fall off the treadmill and cry on the floor
    [quote/]

I'm sorry to hear that. Do u do too much weight lifting? I've heard of female body builders and such stop their flow also. Hmm I hope you find the solution to this soon.
  • lbpw
    lbpw Posts: 77
    Options
    well i havent gotten my period since july. doctors say the weight loss could have done it but i have no idea. if anything though when i exercise it brings on cramps, even though im not having a period. sometimes its so bad i practically fall off the treadmill and cry on the floor
    [quote/]

I'm sorry to hear that. Do u do too much weight lifting? I've heard of female body builders and such stop their flow also. Hmm I hope you find the solution to this soon.

i actually just started weight lifting a few days ago. idk..hopefully some doctor can figure it out, thanks:smile:
  • tlapdx72
    tlapdx72 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I have been thinking about this same question. I have lost 35lbs., and I too use to have cramps for about a week before I started, and the week of my period. However, now I don't even know that it is about to start. I also use to be very moody about a week before, and now I am just a tiny bit moody.
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    Weightloss and exercise both can cause a change in menstral cycle. during my weightloss it varried dramatically from month to month until by body adjusted. I used to get horrible headaches and cramps the day before and a few days into my period but now after losing all this weight I can easily forget when I am supposed to start.