Anyone else on this journey alone?

Options
2»

Replies

• litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I've had to develop willpower of steel because everybody around me (friends, family, co-workers) eat nothing but crap. :grumble:
  • Sahara0815
    Sahara0815 Posts: 55
    Options
    I hear you on this! I have a skinny family, except for my hubby who could lose 15-20 pounds but doesn't want to. And he loves me no matter what, so he's not much support ... plus he wants to keep eating the same old bad things! And I have pretty fit friends and co-workers, so I always feel like the weird one ... like there's something wrong with me for not being like them. It really does seem like such a lonely journey. I hope connecting in this community will help as I go along. I wish you all the best!!!!
  • butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I've had to develop willpower of steel because everybody around me (friends, family, co-workers) eat nothing but crap. :grumble:

See, my problem is that I have very very little willpower :frown:
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Flying solo here as well.

Hubby is the type that can eat whatever he wants with impunity. Sometimes it frustrates me, but I try not to let it get to me too much. After all, everyone's body is different - and we each have to pull our own weight (no pun intended.... hehe).
  • izzydino
    izzydino Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I am virtually alone. I got parents doing it... but they live 2500 miles away.
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options

I didn't in the beginning either. I was an 'out of sight, out of mind' person, but the minute somebody was eating something in front of me, I would give in. Now, I'm at the point where I can resist, but I won't lie, it never gets easy.
  • butterflylover527
    Options

I didn't in the beginning either. I was an 'out of sight, out of mind' person, but the minute somebody was eating something in front of me, I would give in. Now, I'm at the point where I can resist, but I won't lie, it never gets easy.

Mind if I borrow some willpower till I get my own? :laugh:
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel! I love to bake so once in awhile I make something and freeze a good amount so I only have a little treat here and there - my husband would eat it all before I got any and I was so angry he was eating whatever he wanted. I'd work my butt off to have a slice of pizza one weekend and he'd eat half the thing in one sitting.

I will say it finally caught up to him and now he's on here with me, though he can still have more cheats than me and lose (MEN!) It's hard, but sadly you can only change yourself, not the others around you. Willpower is something that can be developed and worked on, you can do it! It took me years, but I'm loads better. Though still with room to improve.

Also, Supernatural rules.
  • Manya63
    Manya63 Posts: 4
    Options
    Yes, I have a husband who believes that FREIHOFERS is part of the meal!
  • butterflylover527
    Options
    I know how you feel! I love to bake so once in awhile I make something and freeze a good amount so I only have a little treat here and there - my husband would eat it all before I got any and I was so angry he was eating whatever he wanted. I'd work my butt off to have a slice of pizza one weekend and he'd eat half the thing in one sitting.

I will say it finally caught up to him and now he's on here with me, though he can still have more cheats than me and lose (MEN!) It's hard, but sadly you can only change yourself, not the others around you. Willpower is something that can be developed and worked on, you can do it! It took me years, but I'm loads better. Though still with room to improve.

Thanks for the inspiration :)

Also, Supernatural rules.

AMEN sista! LOL
  • tlnurse
    tlnurse Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. My husband brings home chips and chocolate......I told him it can't be anywhere in the house where I would know where it is if he wants to support me.....sometimes you have to tell the people who love you what you need on your weight loss journey! Hopefully they will listen and support your needs.....1 pound at a time!