The perfect food diary

Options
Wonderob
Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
Nominations here please

I'm aware that the perfect food diary won't apply to everyone as we have different goals - but the principles will be similar

So do you want to nominate yours? I'll be very interested to see some good examples

Replies

• spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I am nowhere near perfect, but I have had great results so I guess its working :) My goal is grain and legume free and I usually end up having corn and/or rice one or two times a week. But I feel great and I'm almost 40 pounds lighter :)
  • Wonderob
    Options
    I am nowhere near perfect, but I have had great results so I guess its working :) My goal is grain and legume free and I usually end up having corn and/or rice one or two times a week. But I feel great and I'm almost 40 pounds lighter :)

Oh yeah that's pretty good - nice and healthy

But do you fill it in religiously as some days you are on 700 calories!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Mine is perfect for me... And that's all that matters!
  • Wonderob
    Options

I want pointers, ideas, food inspirations though!
  • TavistockToad
    Options

Add me as a friend if u like & u can ave a look x
  • Wonderob
    Options

That does look good thanks! 80gms of protein for one of your meals, I like that
  • runlaugheatpie
    runlaugheatpie Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    when I have a good day, I'd like to think that my food diary is perfect.
    BUT... that said I don't always fill it in, especially in the weekend.

Also a lot of my food is in Dutch so I don't know that people really want to read it and bother trying to translate (or ask me to translate).
  • TavistockToad
    Options

That does look good thanks! 80gms of protein for one of your meals, I like that

I try and get 100g a day, sometimes with more success than others.
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Mine is perfectly NOT perfect. But the fact that it isn't perfect is what makes it perfect for me. :smile:
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    As long as it contains some chocolate mine is perfect (most days.....)!
  • speediejane
    speediejane Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    bump read later
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    I nominate me:bigsmile:
    My diary is perfect in every way.
    I have my goals set to 1 pound per week, and I reach those goals eating perfectly - well, almost perfect.
    OK, it's perfect except when I indulge, but just disregard that when you do the judging.
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options

Oh yeah that's pretty good - nice and healthy

But do you fill it in religiously as some days you are on 700 calories!

No, I don't fill it in religiously. After a year of logging, I have a good idea of where I am day to day. I also have days where I eat out for dinner and don't feel like logging all of the meal components. If I stick to gluten free and low on grains, I feel great and don't worry about going over too much.
  • MissCheese
    MissCheese Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I don't think mine is too bad, don't always eat 100% of my calories but often go over. Try to eat home baking rather than buy cake, crisps or chocolate from the shop.

Today isn't as good as usual, didn't have much of an appetite at lunchtime.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Not mine because I've only lost 4 pounds overall since March and have lost and gained the same 2 pounds since April. Uuuugh. I know I eat like crap occasionally but I'm good the rest of the time. *sigh* :/
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Im far from perfect but always interested to know how close anyone else comes! Just logging food makes you awwesome already!
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Mine is certainly not *perfect* but, then again, that's a 100% subjective term. After all, what constitutes an imperfection in your diet if you're losing weight??? Go ahead and feel free to take a peak at mine. I try hard to keep it clean, low in sugar, high in protein and fiber, and I eliminate virtually all processed foods. Those are my personal goals and I like them :bigsmile:
  • jolarocknrolla
    jolarocknrolla Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    my diary is open ... i try and maintain around 1500 cals, under 100g carbs, over 100g protein and under 35g sugar. Not always perfect, but i tend to be happy with where i'm at right now. My diet supports my weight-lifting and fitness goals fairly well and takes into account my insulin resistance. Not sure if my egg habit is an issue - going to get my cholesteral checked tomorrow to make sure i'm on the right track.
  • Wonderob
    Options
    Mine is certainly not *perfect* but, then again, that's a 100% subjective term. After all, what constitutes an imperfection in your diet if you're losing weight???

Something that doesn't help you retain muscle whilst you're losing weight?

A little subjective but not 100%

It's widely accepted for example that refined sugar and saturated fats are not good for you - that's not subjective
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Mine's sort of working for me. I try to eat as little processed foods as possible.