How do you like your eggs?

Options

Replies

• srathfelder
    Options
    I like a tbsp or two of 2% cottage cheese scrambled in mine with some red pepper and spinach.
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Omelet with cheese. Sometimes I like a little ham or sausage thrown in..... Sometimes mushrooms....
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Bouncin' on your chin :wink:

:laugh: (That's always my husband's answer) :laugh:
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Unfertilized.

Was I the first?! ;)
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options

Um...I don't get it. Your husband likes messy eaters? O.o
  • anels449
    anels449 Posts: 3,187 Member
    Options
    Egg beaters are my favs, but if all that's available are regular eggs, scrambled or over hard is fine too. I don't really like runny eggs or yolk at all (scarred for life thanks to my aunt who cooked garlic with a pinch of runny scrambled eggs whenever I was there).
  • Puddles0308
    Options
    Egg whites. Onion. Peppers. Hot sauce.
  • stomachflu
    stomachflu Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Dippy Eggs and Soldiers!
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options

Um...I don't get it. Your husband likes messy eaters? O.o

Eggs = Testicles

edit: To compute...
    His eggs + my chin = Blow job :wink:
  • ytfelmi
    ytfelmi Posts: 47
    Options

Bwahaha! Oh man.. This totally just made my day! :bigsmile:
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I like having scrambled eggs with smoked salmon sometimes, if I am out somewhere.
    At home, I either have them in an omelette with potato, onion, garlic and salt, or I just have hard boiled.
    I don't go for this eating egg whites only rubbish, most of the nutrition is in the yolk, as is the filling part for me personally, so I eat my eggs whole, both duck and chicken. It has not done me any harm.
  • KStambulic
    KStambulic Posts: 131
    Options
    Over easy with a sprinkling of Mrs. Dash and lots of pepper.

Question for those of you who only use the egg whites; what do you do with the yolks? As a single mom, I hate to see food being wasted.
  • BigRich822
    BigRich822 Posts: 681
    Options
    Scrambled with a dash of milk in them nice and fluffy
  • Stephanie08
    Stephanie08 Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    I was on a cooking magazine website today and saw a picture of how they cooked their eggs in a creative way. They took sliced pepper rings (a green, a red, a yellow) and cooked the egg inside the ring. Looked neat.

Otherwise I like hard boiled egg whites first thing in the morning, and then on alternate days I cook eggs in the microwave in a coffee cup (sprayed with oil) for 1.5 - 2 minutes. You have to make sure you really scramble the eggs or they blow up! Then I put them on a wheat English muffin with a slice of low fat cheese.
  • Stephanie08
    Stephanie08 Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Over easy with a sprinkling of Mrs. Dash and lots of pepper.

Question for those of you who only use the egg whites; what do you do with the yolks? As a single mom, I hate to see food being wasted.

I resolve to the fact that I throw the shells away because they're not good for me to eat (although I'm sure they're edible in some form), so I treat the yolks no different than the shell now. And since I looked at them that way, I've not had many regrets about tossing them.

I do eat whole eggs here and there, and I randomly give my yolks to the dogs.
  • barefootkandi
    Options
    lot' of ways...
    over easy
    scrambled with a little cheese
    an omellete with one whole egg and one egg white, with onions, peppers, mushrooms, black olives, cheese, ham.
    hard-boiled as a snack
  • pineapple1989
    pineapple1989 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    ...in the morning?

I like mine with a kiss! :bigsmile:
  • ytfelmi
    ytfelmi Posts: 47
    Options
    As a single mom as well, I understand completely. I try not to feel bad about tossing yolks though. I feel like I'm not really wasting it, if I'm using the whites.. I'm using the egg either way, just not loading up on fat. Kind of like cutting the fatty pieces off meat, or tossing chicken skin?

Sometimes I'll buy Egg Beaters 100% egg whites. Which is a nice way to not waste the yolks if you feel bad about it. :]
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Pan fried until overdone and crispy all around the edges, slice of cheese on sammich. That or scrambled with peppers and onions with salsa on top are the only way I will eat them.
  • RoxyLDN
    RoxyLDN Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I love poached and soft boiled eggs. Yummy! For instance a poached egg on top of an english muffin and boiled spinach is a great breakfast!
    I also like omelettes, specially omelette with onion and aubergine
    I like to add a raw egg in ratatouille and let it cook for a short while (sort of scrambled egg with ratatouille, but more ratatouille than egg). I love to have this for breakfast on top of a slice of bread.