cereal?

Options
Low sugar cereals? Are they out there? Other then oatmeal and Kashi cereals..I feel like cereals are very high in sugar. Have you found any low sugar cereals?

Replies

• Krazy_Kat
    Krazy_Kat Posts: 212
    Options
    Eggs
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
  • mehaffeymk
    mehaffeymk Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I literally don't know of any. Except the ones that are high fiber and taste like you're gnawing on grass.
  • purprincess33
    purprincess33 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I do eat eggs thats not the problem..Once in a while I would like a bowl of cereal but i have stayed away from cereal for months now do to the sugar.
  • kodakdigitalcamera
    Options
    Its all the same - carbohydrates. Some grains have a higher GI index than table sugar so in some cases you would be better off just eating the most sugary cereal you like. Avoid carbs as much as possible they stop weight loss until your body burns them off.
  • MustBeTheRows
    MustBeTheRows Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I do eat eggs thats not the problem..Once in a while I would like a bowl of cereal but i have stayed away from cereal for months now do to the sugar.

So once in a while have a bowl of cereal...
  • Ilovejacks
    Ilovejacks Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Low sugar cereals? Are they out there? Other then oatmeal and Kashi cereals..I feel like cereals are very high in sugar. Have you found any low sugar cereals?
    Don't eat any cereal.....Eggs,it's whats for breakfast!!!!!:)
  • purprincess33
    Options
    Anyone try Special K Protein Plus? Any flavor?
  • selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    i like corn flakes, multi grain cherrios, and life. cup of cereal and milk and its 150-200 calories
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    plain puffed wheat has no sugar, 50 cals per cup (15 g)
  • Kanlassak
    Kanlassak Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Rice krispies aren't that bad (3g) and neither are the chex cereals (range from 2 to 5 g per serving by grain).

Or you can do what I do when I have rice left over from the night before and just put milk on cooked rice. It works almost as well as regular cereal
  • LatinaGordita
    LatinaGordita Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Eggs, plain greek yogurt with fresh fruit. I try to stay away from cereal, but when I craving some it will be cheerios.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    homemade almond flour cookies with nuts in them (vlc)
    break them up, and toast them a bit so they are like granola
    pour almond milk over it, its like granola, for about 5 - 8 carbs per bowl..
    depends how many cookies you use, and what you put in the cookies.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Holy crap people, she is not asking for breakfast suggestions. She's asking specifically for low sugar cereal suggestions. Stop pushing eggs!

In all honesty, if you're only eating cereal once in a while, it doesn't matter what kind you pick. You can have whatever you like. Personally, I go for organic cereals (or Trader Joe's brand) because I want to stay away from GMO's. Other than that, I eat something that's minimally processed. Eating cereal has not slowed my weight loss.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I just eat muesli and don't worry about the sugar. It isn't as if sugar magically makes you fat. Just try to get some fiber and protein with that sugar.
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Avoid carbs as much as possible they stop weight loss until your body burns them off.

No differently than any other calorie you consume. If you want to eat a low carb diet, that's your choice and I respect that. Just please don't spread these complete falsehoods.

To the OP, low sugar cereals are going to be in the shredded wheat, grape-nuts, wheaties, plain fiber one, etc. types. You can look up nutritional info on the Post and General Mills websites, covering most of the cereal brands in the US.
  • Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    Options
    I love Alf's Natural Nutrition Puffed Red Wheat Cereal. 0g Sugar. I usually cut up 1/2 a banana in it (7g Sugar)

Just go to the database and search different cereals. It will tell you right away what you are looking at.
  • purprincess33
    Options
    Thank you! Noadditives thanks for saying that...Your exactly right!
  • Dahllywood
    Dahllywood Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I eat cheerios every day. Hardly any sugar and only 100 cals.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Anyone try Special K Protein Plus? Any flavor?

It's kind of plain, with a bit of sweetness. It's the only Special K cereal I will eat.