Replies

• RoxyLDN
    RoxyLDN Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I also love dark chocolate eggs for Easter! :laugh:
  • PurrfumeGIrl
    PurrfumeGIrl Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm an over-easy kinda gal. But my guy makes killer scrambled eggs. First he cuts up Peppered Sausage and then cooks it for a bit, adds in the eggs and scrambles them in the pan, mixing with the sausage. Adds a slice of Smoked Gouda Cheese. It's the closest to heaven tasting (and probable even better because he made it!! I have it once a week and love it!!!
  • PurrfumeGIrl
    PurrfumeGIrl Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I also love dark chocolate eggs for Easter! :laugh:

Mmmmm as in Cadbury :)
  • charm_quark
    charm_quark Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Generelly I have 2 medium eggs each time I decide to have egg as the basic ingredient of my lunch or dinner. I usually cook them :

1. Plain omelet.
    2. Plain omelet +chilli sauce + feta cheese
    3. Scrambled + tomato +onion +green pepper + feta cheese
    4. Poached +olive oil + lemon + pepper+bread
    5. Fried +lemon +pepper +bread
    6. Hard boiled + pepper +salt

and the ultimate
    Uncooked the yolk well mixed with 2 tsp of sugar /sweetener + half tsp of chocolate/cocoa powder. I make this one only with fresh eggs by my father's hens and after I sterilize them externally before opening the egg. I have been used to eat it since I was a child... and it is AMAZING! I've never been sick from an egg, but let me note that I NEVER buy eggs.
  • KStambulic
    KStambulic Posts: 131
    Options
    Over easy with a sprinkling of Mrs. Dash and lots of pepper.

Question for those of you who only use the egg whites; what do you do with the yolks? As a single mom, I hate to see food being wasted.

I resolve to the fact that I throw the shells away because they're not good for me to eat (although I'm sure they're edible in some form), so I treat the yolks no different than the shell now. And since I looked at them that way, I've not had many regrets about tossing them.

I do eat whole eggs here and there, and I randomly give my yolks to the dogs.

Understandable. Egg yolks are very healthy for dogs and I never cook eggs for myself without scrambling some up for the dogs.

@Roxy: those are my favorite type of eggs! ;)
  • nerdmaker
    nerdmaker Posts: 8
    Options
    2 eggs scrambled with a little pico de gallo and a little cheese or mexican sour cream (depends on how I feel that day) in a whole wheat homemade flour tortilla.
  • oubaa
    oubaa Posts: 7
    Options
    2 eggs soft boiled with a slice of wheat toast
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    4 eggs a day with spinach, bacon and cheese in a scramble.

The fat in eggs is not be passed up for me, eggs are a perfect food to be enjoyed whole.

The cholesterol content is only an issue if:

1) You think that dietary intake of cholesterol will significantly raise it in the blood. Bear in mind our body makes a considerable amount of cholesterol and it's essential to well-being.

2) 'High' cholesterol in the blood is a solid marker for cardiovascular disease.

In my world both of these hypotheses are bogus.

A pretty good summation based in science and not a vague hypothesis: http://thesmarterscienceofslim.com/its-not-about-lowering-cholesterol/#more-3901
  • muff_top10
    Options
    I've always liked them over easy with toast to soak up the yolk. Sometimes scrambled with cheese is good for a change.
  • amandanzgirl
    amandanzgirl Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Omlette, with onion, garlic, spinach and fresh herbs.
  • KuroNyankoSensei
    KuroNyankoSensei Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I like to make tamagoyaki ;3.
  • amberaz
    amberaz Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Thoroughly cooked ONLY. Getting a squigee egg will put me off of them for weeks. I have been doing an inside out omelette thing lately. Thinly sliced Boars Head ham in a pan, pour two scrambled eggs on top and a little Shallot Pepper from Penzeys. I cook it with a lid until it's almost done, then add a little cheese in the middle and fold it up like an omelette. Really good and about 250 calories.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Two eggs, over medium, cooked in a bit of coconut oil. Whole wheat toast or sourdough on the side. Mmmm!
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Up and runny. If possible, crispy on the bottom at the same time, but that takes a skilled breakfast cook to pull off.
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    The incredible edible egg!

How about 1/2 cup dirty rice or whole grain brown rice, one egg, 2 tablespoons salsa verde? I love to to this with leftover rice.

Poached egg on a slice of crusty italian bread, with 2 tablespoons tomato bruschetta.

1 fried egg, chunky hominy (best grits ever, use the food processor and pulse), 1-2 turkey sausages

Poached egg, a cup of asparagus, a touch of hollandaise sauce or mayonnaise, toast (Italian)

1 fried egg, toast, half a red tomato sliced and cooked until caramelized in butter, this is really yum

eggs benedict made with a milky sauce that is thickened with cornstarch instead of a roux., on English muffin. Canadian bacon is low in calories

Oeufs a la russe - combined mixed vegetables with mayonnaise and place on a bed of lettuce. Top with a deviled egg. Blanket egg also with a creamy dressing. Add capers, anchovy or salmon. Very filling lunch salad!

I usually do not eat more than one egg a day because it is too easy to exceed cholesterol that way.
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Fat free cream cheese is excellent in omelettes! And a great source of calcium!
    Thoroughly cooked ONLY. Getting a squigee egg will put me off of them for weeks. I have been doing an inside out omelette thing lately. Thinly sliced Boars Head ham in a pan, pour two scrambled eggs on top and a little Shallot Pepper from Penzeys. I cook it with a lid until it's almost done, then add a little cheese in the middle and fold it up like an omelette. Really good and about 250 calories.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    2 whole eggs (I feel bad throwing away good food) just can't do it
    -add black pepper
    -add chili pepper

*then scramble em' and fry em'*

in a bowl, lay a serving of tortilla chips, chop eggs, add a little shredded cheese, salsa, sour cream

*BAM* = 375CALORIES 21CARBS 19PROTEIN
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    oh, I pretty much like them cooked :), with some salt and pepper. Boiled, scrambled, fried, and maybe with some cheese on the scrambeled and fried. OH MY I love over easy fried with cheese on toast with some mayo. *sigh* haven't had that in months

^this :D
  • okiegoalie
    okiegoalie Posts: 20
    Options
    um.....baked into some cornbread.
  • camelothosting
    camelothosting Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Egg Beaters with Onion Green Pepper, Mushrooms a little emerils Essence and a little bit of diced turkey ham