5'4" and a size 10

Options

Replies

• jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Check out www.mybodygallery.com

It could easily be from 130-180 depending on how lean you are and where you carry your weight.

Take measurements now, and don't forget to strength train to see more inch loss.
  • sashanicole88
    sashanicole88 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm 173, 5'4.5" and I'm wearing a size 12/14...but I also have pretty big hips :)
  • mrbunsrocks
    mrbunsrocks Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and a pear shape. I currently weigh 152 and easily fit in most size 10s. That said, since I'm only 3 months post-partum, I'm hanging on to a good amount of weight in my mid-section. If the weight were distributed more to the rest of my body, I'd probably fit into a size 8 in a few brands.

When I weigh 130, I'm a size 6-8. When I weigh 160 and don't work out (i.e., all the weight is fat) then I'm more like a 12.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I'm a size 12 australian which is a size 10 us or a size 8 uk (i think?)
    I weigh 179lbs, muscle baby :)
  • Jenni129
    Jenni129 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and for me to get back into my size 10 jeans from Express, I'll need to weigh about 145 pounds. I don't wear any jeans that show muffin top spilling over. I see women doing that a lot... has to be very uncomfortable.
  • thekacers
    thekacers Posts: 68
    Options
    I am an apple shape. It has been about a decade since I was a size 10, but I was around 150# when I was.
    If you are 5'3"-5'4" about how much did you weigh as a size 10? I have this dress...my inspiration dress that still has the tags on, and I'm wondering how far I have to go to get to wear it.
  • lifeisahighway
    lifeisahighway Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I m 5'3.5" and I weigh 172 as of this morning. I'm in a size 14. I used to be 155 and wore a 10-12.
  • ncqueenbee
    ncqueenbee Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4, 158 lbs and a solid size 10. My goal is to fit in a size 8 whether it be weight loss or inches lost. It doesn't matter to me what the scale reads because I started lifting weights and I know muscle weights more, so I expect to gain a few pounds while losing inches.
  • buckeyegirl0103
    buckeyegirl0103 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" 180 pounds...I am in a size 12 right now, so I would guess that at 160-170 I will be able to fit in a 10. I also have a dress I bought at the beggining of my journey that is a size 10....it will be a happy day when I can wear it! Good luck!!

Would love to be your shape!! I am 5'3'', 168 and still in a size 14-16!!!!
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and a size ten. Right now I weigh 163 pounds.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i'm 5 ft 2 inches and when i was a size 10 i was 140-142 lbs...
  • muddyventures
    muddyventures Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Hey I think it depends on your body type. I'm a pear shape so I carry my weight on my hips. I was around 147lbs and in a size ten in Gap pants. However I was running 3 miles a day so while I was still heavy for my height 5'4 but I had lost so many inches. When I first started losing I was a size 14 and 165 lbs in Gap and New York and company pants. Now I'm around 120 in a size 6 in Anne Taylor jeans and a size 8 in Gap jeans. It sucks for me because I carry my weight in my butt, hips, and thighs. Hope that helps.

I'm similar to this, I've been running alot and I'm prone to having larger, muscular legs (think olympic gymnist with a nice layer of fat, and that's me). I'm in a size 10 I weigh 143, my top is smaller than the bottom. If I keep going it will even out and I assume I will be near 120-125 and in a 6 or so also.
  • lreyenga
    lreyenga Posts: 37
    Options
    I am 5'4" and weight about 155, but carry most of my weight around the middle. I am either an 8, 10, or 12 depending on the brand. Wouldn't it be great if there was a bit more transparency in women's clothing sizes?!
  • dietstokes
    dietstokes Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I'm 140 now and I wear between an 8 and a 12 depending on the brand of jeans. But in a dress, I wear a 6 most of the time. So I think when you are in the 150-160 range you should be able to wear a 10 dress, though maybe not a 10 in jeans. Jeans do not forgive, lol.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    If you are 5'3"-5'4" about how much did you weigh as a size 10? I have this dress...my inspiration dress that still has the tags on, and I'm wondering how far I have to go to get to wear it.

Well, it's not going to be the same for everybody because body compsition (frame size, muscle mass, etc...) plays a major factor in what your healthiest weight should be. For me, I can generally wear a size 10 at about 155-160lbs. However, I have very large bone structure and I'm very muscular. My mom is more or less the same height as me, but our build is different so she has to weigh 145-155lbs to get into a size 10.
  • Christi6604
    Christi6604 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and wear a size 10 now. About 143 - 150 ish for me.
    I'm at 142 now, and can get 8's on and buttoned (for the first time ever!), but breathing...not so much. :wink:
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and weight about 155, but carry most of my weight around the middle. I am either an 8, 10, or 12 depending on the brand. Wouldn't it be great if there was a bit more transparency in women's clothing sizes?!

yes wouldn't that be something to celebrate if they did that!!!!!

i went shopping last week to get new dress pants for a wedding coming up as none of my old stuff fit me... i was anywhere from a 4- 6 and yet i bought 2 pairs of jean capris ( amathyst) in a 7
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I am right now. I am 155 pounds and an hourglass/slightly pear shape. Even when I was 140 pounds I was still a size 10, I did a lot of lifting this year which is why I am heavier but still the same size.
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and 143lbs. and I wear a size 6/8. However, I carry my remaining weight in my belly and I have no butt.
  • joslin2005
    joslin2005 Posts: 138
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and the last time I was successful at weight loss, I was 169 and was a size 12. My body shape is bigger bust and hips and smaller waist (hourglass figure). I don't know if that's normal weight or not but I was lifting weights too.