July Goal Setting

Options

Replies

• Kimbie500
    Kimbie500 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    My goal is to finally get under a BMI of 25 and start working on toning rather than just doing cardio!

Excellent goal! I've done strength training in the past and LOVED the way I felt but have fallen away from it... Maybe a goal for me for next month!

Best of luck to you - you got this!
  • Kimbie500
    Options
    This post gave me the swift kick in the butt! It was my goal to be 175 in August, but I have gained a couple pounds this week.
    For the month of July, it is my goal to get back to exercising and tracking my food, in the hopes of losing about 10 lbs, so I can reach my goal! Here's to getting back to work!
    Good luck to you all!

Glad to have been of assistance! :wink:

Thanks and good luck right back at you!
  • Jenibobar
    Jenibobar Posts: 3
    Options
    Good Luck Kimbie500. You can do it!!!

I dont know what my problem is, I eat healthy and exercise all the time but I keep putting on weight. I dont know what im doing wrong??

:sad:
  • Makay1
    Makay1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    BMI under 25.......that's my goal and I'm determined to get there this time!! Good luck everyone!
  • DargoMack
    DargoMack Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Good idea! I'm with you and am setting a goal to drop 5 in July. I've got a ton of social activities this month, so it might a challenge, but with MFP I think we can all do what we set our minds to.
  • jyork5407
    jyork5407 Posts: 47
    Options
    Bumping. You know I'm here for you Kimbie!! I better be the friend you call when you need to identify and deal with the emotions instead of binge eating in response!!! :flowerforyou: You can do this!! You've worked too hard for too long! You know my advice: get a race on calendar! Even if its one you plan on run/walking. The fear of humiliating myself at a race is great motivation to get moving!!
  • Kimbie500
    Options
    Good Luck Kimbie500. You can do it!!!

I dont know what my problem is, I eat healthy and exercise all the time but I keep putting on weight. I dont know what im doing wrong??

:sad:

It can be frustrating, can't it!?! My suggestion would be to open your diary and post a request for help on the forums - there are a lot of knowledgeable people on here. You do have to beware of trolls, but will likely get some good advice. Best of luck!
  • Kimbie500
    Options
    BMI under 25.......that's my goal and I'm determined to get there this time!! Good luck everyone!

You can do it!!

Thanks for the FR!
  • Kimbie500
    Options
    Good idea! I'm with you and am setting a goal to drop 5 in July. I've got a ton of social activities this month, so it might a challenge, but with MFP I think we can all do what we set our minds to.

Just think how great you'll feel when you successfully navigate those crap food obstacles! Best of luck!!
  • Kimbie500
    Options
    Bumping. You know I'm here for you Kimbie!! I better be the friend you call when you need to identify and deal with the emotions instead of binge eating in response!!! :flowerforyou: You can do this!! You've worked too hard for too long! You know my advice: get a race on calendar! Even if its one you plan on run/walking. The fear of humiliating myself at a race is great motivation to get moving!!

Yeah, Jules!!! I know you've got my back. Thanks for the chat this afternoon...

Jack and I have a warrior dash at the end of the month. That should be fun.... You should come play in the mud... :bigsmile:
  • Kimbie500
    Options
    Debrief of Monday, July 2nd:

I will plan my meals daily and log all food.
    All meals except evening snack were planned and logged in advance. The evening snack was reasonable and fit in my calorie goal for the day. SUCCESS!

I will not exceed my weekly calorie goal.
    I am currently 723 calories under goal for the week. SUCCESS!

I will move daily, even if it's just a walk at lunch.
    I walked at lunch, rode my bike to and from the park, and ran about 2.5 miles in the park (slowly - really freaking hot!) SUCCESS!

I will complete the B210k program.
    Although my run was not one of the B210k runs, all runs help build on this program. I only have 3 more runs in this program. I will continue to do "short" runs during the week and do the longer B210k runs on the weekends. PROGRESS.

When I feel like I need to binge, I will take a breath and identify the emotions spurring me to binge, discuss them with a trusted friend, and redirect with a walk or other healthful choice.
    I had no desire to binge yesterday. I identified the 2 major issues bothering me the last few weeks and initiated action on both of them. Thanks to my DH and my BFF for being excellent sounding boards and offering exactly the support I needed. SUCCESS!

I will check in here daily to report on the day before.
    SUCCESS!

Feeling pretty good. The bloated feeling is decreasing. My hips are a bit sore but I'll see if some stretching will help that.

Hope everyone else's July goals are proceeding well!
  • Kimbie500
    Options
    Debrief of Tuesday, July 3rd:

All meals except evening snack were planned and logged in advance. The evening snack was reasonable and fit in my calorie goal for the day. SUCCESS!

I am currently 815 calories under goal for the week. SUCCESS!

I did cardio and strength training with a DVD. SUCCESS!

No specific progress on this goal yesterday.

When I feel like I need to binge, I will take a breath and identify the emotions spurring me to binge, discuss them with a trusted friend, and redirect with a walk or other healthful choice.
    I did want to binge yesterday and called my DH to discuss why. I was on the way to bathe my horse, so continued with that plan, averting the binge. I ended up having a reasonable evening snack afterwards. SUCCESS!

SUCCESS!

Everybody enjoy the holiday! We're off for a long bike ride on a new (to us) trail.
  • Kimbie500
    Options
    Debrief of Wednesday, July 4th:

Meals were not planned yesterday, but all were logged. Not bad for a holiday. SUCCESS!

I am currently 947 calories under goal for the week. SUCCESS!

DH and I did 30 miles on the bikes yesterday. Fun!! SUCCESS!

I did not want to binge yesterday. I did want to do some "boredom/vegging in front of the TV" eating, but realized what it was and managed it. Of course, having an extra 1600 calories to play with from the bike ride helped... SUCCESS!

SUCCESS!

I really enjoyed my 4th - the last 6 miles of the bike ride were challenging as it was getting hot and we did not bring adequate fuel with us on the bikes for the distance. We are learning how to do this and it was better than the last time. We did drink plenty of water - probably a gallon each throughout the ride. I like how I am now a person who will go do a 30 mile bike ride. It's not something I would have considered trying even 2 years ago.
  • Kimbie500
    Options
    Debrief of Thursday, July 5th:

Yesterday was a bit unusual. Our area got hit by a massive storm around 3pm and we lost power and have 2 downed trees. We're staying with friends until the power comes back on since it is so hot. I'll be doing the best I can until normal life resumes but may not be able to check in here until power and cable are fixed or I return to work on Monday. I will log my food and make the best choices I can. Activity should be no problem as we will be cutting trees and moving wood all weekend. I should be able to log on my phone app.

Meals were planned yesterday, but the plan was derailed. I logged everything. SUCCESS!

By my best guess, I am currently 1063 calories under goal for the week. SUCCESS!

No formal exercise yesterday except a brief bike ride (~10 minutes) to survey the damage in the area.

I had a specific food craving yesterday. I identified the craving as resulting from the stress of the storm and distracted myself with things that had to be done. No binge = SUCCESS!

SUCCESS!
  • chryshann
    chryshann Posts: 3
    Options
    Good luck and im with you on redirecting thoughts and what cause us to stray away from what we want to do...i intend to drop about 5pds during this month of July and i will walk and hit the gym everyday...keep working hard as i intend to:smile:
  • Kimbie500
    Options
    Well, this weekend was tough. Our power was out for nearly four days. Being unable to cook, we ended up eating take out for most meals. I did not plan meals in advance or log most of what I ate. There was a lot of crap food. Dairy really rips me up now - I feel bloated and gassy.

BUT today I am back on track. I choose to restart my July plan TODAY. I have planned and pre-logged most of my meals for today. I am contemplating what I want to do for exercise today. A few days of atypical conditions will not derail my plans long-term.

This has also helped me identify that I need to figure out a plan for vacation. I'm very attached to my breakfast smoothy and need to figure out alternatives or a way to make it when we're away from home.

Onward.
  • underdogzz
    underdogzz Posts: 15
    Options
    I'm in! Lets all get through this together!!

I want to loose 5lbs this July as well. An old(and now ex)friend once said: Shoot for the moon and if you miss, land in the stars!

Maybe I can even manage more.
  • Kimbie500
    Options
    Debrief of Monday, July 9th:

Most meals were planned yesterday. I logged everything, even the stuff I ate that was not planned. SUCCESS!

I am currently 826 calories OVER goal for the week. There is room for improvement here this week.

I rode a tough and sweaty riding lesson last night. Fun! and SUCCESS!

I ate chocolate and pretzels last night that were not on the plan. I guess if I define a binge as mindless eating in the absence of hunger, then eating this food was a binge even though the quantity was not excessive and I did not feel gorged. I think it happened because I was tired and still feeling a bit overwhelmed from the storm clean up over the weekend. I need to remind myself that I control my situation and behavior. I've found myself feeling a bit out of control/controlled by circumstances outside of me.

SUCCESS!
  • Kimbie500
    Options
    Debrief of Tuesday, July 10th:

All meals except my evening snack were planned yesterday. The evening snack was reasonable and within my calorie goal. I logged everything. SUCCESS!

I am currently 807 calories OVER goal for the week. This is a small improvement.

I lightly rode two horses last night. Unfortunately, both were a bit lame and all we did was walk. SUCCESS!

I did not have a desire to binge yesterday although I did feel hungrier than I am used to. I think eating so much processed crap while we were dealing with the power outage and damage to our yard over the weekend ramped up my cravings. In addition to avoiding dairy to prevent the intestinal upset, I need to reduce simple carbs and the sugar-fat-salt triad.

SUCCESS!
  • Kimbie500
    Options
    Well, yesterday didn't go as well as it could have. I planned and logged everything through supper, but could not work up the enthusiasm to work out. I relaxed and read. Near bedtime, I ended up eating several pretzels, some dark chocolate, and a handfull of walnuts. I didn't log them but would have to bet that I was 300-400 calories over for the day.

Amazingly, I'm back in ONE-derland this morning and am changing my mental state to "on the way back down" from "going in the wrong direction."

Today is an opportunity to start over...