Gamers Unite

Options
Fellow gamer looking for other gamers to get in shape with. Let's go after the epic win together! I'm on level 1 and looking for noobs and veterans. Add me as a friend.

Replies

• NaptasticDiva
    Options
    Maybe if I have to ask, then I don't do that type of game...but what game are you talking about?
  • smaugish
    smaugish Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I'm a gamer. Not sure if I am a gamer on that game though.
  • rugbytiger2004
    Options
    By gaming I mean anything associated with video games. I personally have a passion for all types of games: arcades, computer, consoles, handhelds, etc. I guess since I usually speak more figuratively it may seem confusing. If you check my profile you'd get it.
  • smaugish
    Options
    I get it now I've read your blog :D

Are you one of the dreaded lot of us who are WoWers?
  • duhblond
    duhblond Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/19-mfp-gamers

gamers group :)

I play most games - finding the time to do it is the hard part lol

Best of luck as you gain experience and battle calories
    Just remember -
    The cake is a lie
    O_o
  • NaptasticDiva
    Options
    Well since you are a gamer, why not use them to help get into shape? That is what I am doing. I am using 4 different games on the xbox (w/kinect) and the wii to help with the exercises. Gym is not an option at the current moment. The games I am using are:

Wii:
    My Fitness Coach
    Gold's Gym Cardio Workout

xbox (w/kinect):
    The Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout
    Zumba fitness

I also have DDR and Dance Central...they are purely for fun, but also gets the heart pumping :-)
  • langurmonkey
    Options
    Also check out Fitocracy - earn points and levels for doing workouts. It is surprisingly addictive!
  • zCarsAndCaloriesz
    Options
    I'm a gamer and would love to make some supportive friends who share that interest!
    Anyone who wants to add can feel free!!
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I am a gamer too feel free to add. (xbox gamer)
  • JoannDanielleE
    JoannDanielleE Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Im a wow gamer too.. :( that game has put more weight on me than id like to admit. RAiding + Pizza delivery-- ugh!
  • NaptasticDiva
    Options
    Also check out Fitocracy - earn points and levels for doing workouts. It is surprisingly addictive!

Totally forgot that I am on Fitocracy...something else for me to do :-) Hope to find you there...I have to figure out my log in info first.
  • rugbytiger2004
    Options
    @ spanglemagnet, WoW is one thing I cut out in college, I just didn't have enough time to really immerse myself into it. My problem would be my ADD mentality of always having to be playing something. I usually get home and jump on a handheld while I'm cooking and stuff, then move to my computer and play some Diablo 3 then jump onto my xbox and play a few hours of Fifa, Skyrim & Battlefield.

@ naptasticDiva, the active kinect games are great ways to include gaming into your healthy lifestyle. I also like to place Dance Central, specially with a group. Its a good time while be active.
  • rugbytiger2004
    Options

That is cool, i don't know how I haven't stumbled upon it before.
  • Xx_mandown_scotty_xX
    Options
    I'm an xbox 360 gamer :)
  • rugbytiger2004
    Options
    I'm an xbox 360 gamer :)

What are you playing right now?
  • smaugish
    Options
    Im a wow gamer too.. :( that game has put more weight on me than id like to admit. RAiding + Pizza delivery-- ugh!

GOD I know how that feels. All through my second and third year of Uni, my boyfriend and I would pull all nighters and get pizza in...
  • FuneralDiner
    FuneralDiner Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I'm a gamer too which, unfortunately, has contributed to my size over the years!

Wish I could dedicate the amount of time I spend grinding to actually losing my weight. ;)
  • jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    i'm a short attention span gamer. I lose interest quickly, so i've played pretty much every mmo out there at some point, and I have a big stack of games for the wii, ps2 and 360.
  • rugbytiger2004
    Options
    i'm a short attention span gamer. I lose interest quickly, so i've played pretty much every mmo out there at some point, and I have a big stack of games for the wii, ps2 and 360.

Me too! Except mine would be from gameboy - pc - xbox - tablet
  • rugbytiger2004
    Options
    I'm a gamer too which, unfortunately, has contributed to my size over the years!

Wish I could dedicate the amount of time I spend grinding to actually losing my weight. ;)

Totally agree!