Help! Always going over on carbs

Options
2»

Replies

• ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options

I don't know how to put my food diary on like you did, but I'd like to show you my intake for the day and I don't even come close to hitting my carbs.

Just hit the "Print Screen" button on the top right hand corner of your keyboard, open Microsoft Paint, press CTRL+V, save it, and upload the file to tinypic.com

Voila

THANKS!
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I was told by my dr to eat low carbs and higher protein if this helps.. I eat only 100 cals of whole grains per meal and one snack and only a serving of fruit.PRE MIEAL. like a half of a banana... half cup of grapes, or a cup of strawberries... and eat at least 4oz of protein foods.. I am fuller and it helps through out the day... eat every 4-5 hours adn have a snack that should be all y our calories with out all the carb... Like mini whole wheat bagles, sara lee delightful bread 45 cal a slice and lots of fiber and protien its just a suggestion to help GOOD LUCK:tongue:
  • ErinRNinMaine
    Options
    [/quote]

Just hit the "Print Screen" button on the top right hand corner of your keyboard, open Microsoft Paint, press CTRL+V, save it, and upload the file to tinypic.com

Voila
    [/quote]

OK, I'm trying this, but the picture looks sooooo small after I try to look at it in tinypic.com! Any helpers?
  • hideandseek
    hideandseek Posts: 47
    Options
    Copy and paste this link so I can see how small it is exactly

http://i27.tinypic.com/2nqaz60.png
  • ErinRNinMaine
    Options
    Copy and paste this link so I can see how small it is exactly

http://i27.tinypic.com/2nqaz60.png

http://i25.tinypic.com/2ihm32r.jpg

We'll see if this works!
  • hideandseek
    hideandseek Posts: 47
    Options
    Ok, it is small but luckily I have good eyesight and it's not a challenge to read at all.

Thanks for that example! I'll take some of your food :tongue:
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    You're over on carbs today because you had "breakfast food" - i.e. sweetened grains - for every meal!

I have to admit, I had something sweet at every meal today, too. But the yogurt I eat is very high in protein (17 grams) and low in carbs (6 grams). The only thing I add to it is sliced berries.

A few things to try:
    1) switching from Cranberry Crunch to Special K with sliced raw strawberries (Not the kind with berries in the box).
    2) getting plain yogurt and mixing fruit into that. If you need crunch, try adding more Special K instead of sweet granola.
    3) a meal that isn't based on cereal! Like a salad, or lean meat with vegetables.
    4) berries, berries, berries - instead of bananas, mangos, or any other high-sugar fruit.
  • ErinRNinMaine
    Options
    Ok, it is small but luckily I have good eyesight and it's not a challenge to read at all.

Thanks for that example! I'll take some of your food :tongue:

You're welcome!