NEED HONEST FEEDBACK ABOUT MY CURRENT PIC

Options

Replies

• Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Yeah, gee whiz momma, the only thing missing is a pole for you to twirl around on. :laugh:

You look great, not "hoochie" or un-Christian at all! :flowerforyou:
  • knittygirl52
    knittygirl52 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Seriously. I am also a conservative Christian woman, and your friend is over the edge. There is nothing in your picture that could possibly be described as obscene or unworthy of a Christian woman. Please don't allow other people to interpret the Bible in ways that are so narrow that they don't even make sense.
  • boomersooner806
    Options
    I'm a Christian and your friend is over the top -- I don't believe there is anything wrong with your picture at all. Don't let that comment bother you. You're a beautiful lady and you did nothing wrong.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others, there is absolutely nothing wrong with your picture. You are FULLY covered that alone is more than enough. But if you feel it will be a hinderance to her, change the picture. But honestly I think it's fine. You should see one I had up from my dad's 25th preaching anniversary; It was a slightly similar pose.
  • 34at35
    34at35 Posts: 318
    Options
    Consider the source. Your niece is probably still a child and thus prone to making statements without considering the impact on others. I wouldn't let it bother you so much. You look fine in that picture. Does she want you to go back to the "cow in the lettuce" photo you used before? Now that one was obscene! LOL! Obscenely funny, that is!

But that's from an old guy's point of view.
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    I see nothing wrong with what you wearing or how you posing
  • healthychic
    Options
    I think there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with your photo! You look completely conservative and trendy and your not showing any skin or doing anything sexual. I can see if you were wearing something really sexy that your daugher could be offended. But I think you should show off your excellent weight loss! You deserve to shine!

:heart: Danielle
  • jessicasager
    Options
    LOL even your legs and fore arms are covered! how could this possible be hoocie!? girl, be proud of your weightloss, and dont even worry about that!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    And that's why I love all you on MFP. You really know how to come to someone's aid and make them feel better.

Shannon, leave it to you to bring up the pole. That was deliberately not included in the pic. :laugh: just kidding.

34at35, thank you for a male's perspective. My son also mentioned the fact that she's only a teenager and what does she know. This coming from someone who's the ripe old age of 23, barely out of the teen years himself. :laugh: My neice turns 20 on the 28th so she is still pretty young.

Thanks again to everyone for all your comments. I love you all. :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • shanwow16
    shanwow16 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with your picture!! Good for you on your weight loss success!! There is nothing inappropriate or "hoochie mama" about this picture.
  • MadWorld
    MadWorld Posts: 200
    Options
    Wow. :noway: Hootchie Momma? Not even close.

I could go off on a rant... but, I'll spare everyone (I claim no religion, this being only one of the reasons).

But, no... you look happy and like you are just showing your cool personality... that's a good thing.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I'm with everyone else.... nothing wrong with your picture in the least! If you were showing skin, I might raise an eyebrow, but you ARE dressed conservatively, and the pose (in my opinion) looks as though it's all in fun, not meant to be provocative (given by the laughing smile on your face instead of a come-hither look).

Not sure what was bothering her that pushed her to make the comment, but don't let it worry you. Something else was getting to her, and she lashed out with this, needing to push her negativity on someone else.

I think we all agree.... It's a fun picture, nothing in the least "unChristian". Also to be noted -- Christians have fun too!!! The pose is nothing "unChrist like" imo. The clothing or lack thereof could change that statement but you are in the clear, my dear!

Have a great Thanksgiving!!
  • strongandfit
    Options
    1st of all, let me state that I am not a Christian. I do believe in God. Spiritual and yes, I will wish lots of you Merry Christmas very shortly though.

But, I think that is besides the point. I think the issue here is manyfold.

1. Morality: Is a pose like that suggestive of immorality whether one is a Christian or not?

Tthis is subjective, I believe that everyone are going to have their opinions. Ultimately, it is what YOU think that is the most important. Personally, I think the pose is one of proud accomplishment - look at me world type of pose. It's like the Michelle Obama wearing shorts on vacation debate again.

2. Is what you are wearing too provocative?

You are proud of your renew love of your body, your physique, your weight loss efforts

3. Is your pose too provocative?

You are saying that you feel alive again, loving your body, yes - sexy again (there is nothing wrong with that - Christian or not - I think this is what you are struggling with), strong again, proud, fit, alive, energetic, looking forward to life, full of energy, ready to give, not just stay at home, ultimately you are ready to live - look at me world I'm still here and I'm loving life!!!! I ask you what is wrong with this pose? Nothing.

3. Is what that daughter said is appropriate?

She has a right to her opinion - you don't have to agree with her - it should not affect your view of your
    self. People will have opinions of you - good, bad, neutral. It is not what they say that is important. It is your interpretation of events. Ultimately, you are the translator of what they say.

4. What about the label of hoochie mama?

Once again, it's how you interpret it that counts not how she interprets it.

5. Should you change your avatar picture? Should you feel anything different about your avatar picture?

Not on your life!! Red is a very special colour. To me, colour red means many things. Among them, courage. I do not wear red myself. It has too much energy I feel for me anyways. I feel too self-conscious to wear it. I feel like everyone are looking at me. I only wear it very occasionally. It is not the easiest colour to wear I feel. I feel that those who do wear the colour red, and I mean very very solid red is making a statement. "Look at me, I'm brave, I'm here, and I'm proud of it and so can you. "

And that to me, is what your pose and your clothing says to me. Plus, your smile beaming from ear to ear. You lost 30 lbs! That is a major accomplishment. Even 3 lbs, 5 lbs, 10 lbs for any of us here on MFP is a major success. You are proud of your success and you expressed that pride and wanted to share, inspire, motivate the rest of us. Good for you.

So, in closing:

Isn't that what ultimately you want as practising your religion of Christianity to do? To be your best self. To have belief, to have faith that you can do it, to love life the best you can and in return, inspire those around you of the lessons you learned to your best self so that they too can love themselves, love life too? Along the way, there will be those who have not learned life lessons yet whether because of their age, life experiences to say the proper thing or to understand and express that which you wish to hear. It's ok, it really is. It is not their fault, they are only learning. I know the words hurt you. I hope you will heal because it is hitting you to your core of trying to reconcile that you've evolved with your new body, your expressing joy of it and your being questioned on your faith. What does your inner voice tell you? I'm sure that if you sit quietly, away from all the noise, and just take a slow breath, relax, you will know that you did nothing wrong. Forgive. Forgive yourself for feeling you did wrong. You did nothing wrong. Enjoy your picture.

And if one day, you would like to share with us yourself in a bathing suit or t-shirt and shorts in your pics, we would all applaud and be proud of you, and grateful for you to inspire us somemore. . It would mean that you are good in sharing your success with us. You are showing kindness to all - Christians and non-Christians alike.

Enjoy. Thanks for putting your thread in bold caps. It caught my attention.

p.s., in the future, if anyone else say unkind comments to you about that pic, it's their opinion, let them express it. It's really ok. Remember: your interpretation of events is the most important. Do not take the bait to over-defend yourself. There's no need. Just go on with your day and focus on your pride of the pic.
  • mommared53
    Options
    Thank you so much. I just want to clarify one thing though. It's not my daughter that has an issue with my pic, it's my neice. Again, I want to say thank you to everyone. I really appreciate all the feedback. :flowerforyou:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    That's ridiculous. You're covered (literally) from head to toe, and the pose is cute. People are weird.
  • mommared53
    Options
    Thanks Brenda.

I want to clarify one other thing. I think some posters misunderstood the Christian issue concerning my neice. Just for the record, she's not a Christian, but I am. Again, thanks everyone. :flowerforyou:
  • strongandfit
    Options
    You're very welcome. We are all in this together. Not just the physical losing weight part but the psychological experience as well. Tks for asking for help. Great to see everyone's responses to you and being so supportive and can actually see your day improving. MFP is the best!

p.s, forgive your niece. Ultimately, she did not do it to harm you.
  • mommared53
    Options
    Forgiven. I know God is in control and probably working in her life. I'll continue to pray for her as well as the rest of my family. :smile:
  • strongandfit
    Options
    Forgiven. I know God is in control and probably working in her life. I'll continue to pray for her as well as the rest of my family. :smile:

:smile: :flowerforyou: Glad u got thru a tough day Betty. Enjoy ur tomorrow.
  • rheign
    rheign Posts: 56
    Options
    You're a Christian, not a nun. LOL. I think it looks FABULOUS!