How often do you check in?

Options
What the title says. I was wondering how often some of the members weigh themselves?

I'm thinking of staying with weekly, and wondering what others are doing. :)

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every week on Wednesdays and that's the number I write down and log here. I'll weigh myself any other time I feel like I need to check it, but the Wednesday weigh-in is the only one that counts.
  • jsj024519
    jsj024519 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    every two to three days
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily. I used to check in every Tuesday but I've been doing some experimentation with calorie intake, so I haven't checked in for a few weeks.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Every Monday morning...whether I need it or not. ;)
  • DPernet
    DPernet Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Every 2 weeks
  • cjh03
    cjh03 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself whenever I feel I need to.... but only count the weekly weigh-in numbers. Those daily ups and downs aren't a great indicator of what's happening.
  • michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every week on Wednesdays and that's the number I write down and log here. I'll weigh myself any other time I feel like I need to check it, but the Wednesday weigh-in is the only one that counts.

Exactly, but mine is Sunday a.m.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily, and when the scale registers a 1 pound loss, I record it.
    It's no biggie.
    I like to track weight every day, and usually about every 7 days - POW - one pound gone.
    Works like a charm.
  • maricash
    maricash Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day, but I only record it to MFP when I hit a new low.

I find that weighing myself every day, and then charting that weight in Excel, has kept me from getting discouraged, because I can see that (1) my weight fluctuates constantly and an increase of even several pounds might only last one day and (2) that the process isn't linear -- while I average a pound a week loss, the scale isn't dropping a few ounces a day, it's more like I fluctuate between the same 2 numbers for two weeks and then drop down to a new low the next.

I know for a lot of people, a daily weigh-in stresses them out, or they panic whenever the scale goes up even if they know that there are fluctuations, so my way is not for everyone.

I say, weigh as often as you find encouraging. It might be 5 times a day or once a month. Try and see what you like.
  • reallyally1
    Options
    Every Tuesday morning!

I used to weigh myself everyday, but it made me crazy.
  • Goal_Line
    Goal_Line Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    When I had a lot of weight to lose, I weighted myself everyday first thing in the morning. As I've lost it and slowed the rate of loss down, I weight myself 2 times a week.
  • brittmar25
    brittmar25 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am a newbie on here (absolutely loving the site and the support of everyone on it!). I have been checking in daily and weighing myself daily. I plan on taking the daily weigh-ins with a grain of salt and will really focus on the weekly results. :smile:
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I dont weigh myself.. I fixate too much on the numbers and get depressed/angry when they dont change. So i concentrate on eating healtyh, working out and let my body go where it wants. I'm more interested in how I look and feel than what number I am.
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    EVERY MORNING (for the most part) but that's mostly "habit". I only chart my weight when there is "loss"
  • direwolfprincess
    direwolfprincess Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Every couple of weeks. I do not own a scale so it removes the obsession. I am watching for other changes such as increase activity, muscle tone and the change in clothing fit.
  • Berto0391
    Berto0391 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Every Sunday
  • JustMaxine55
    JustMaxine55 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Once per week.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Every day.

It actually makes it less stressful for me, because I watch the weight fall back off after a bad weekend.

I track it if it hits a low, and if I maintained 'up' more than a pound for more than a week I'd track that too.
  • wiezinthejuice
    wiezinthejuice Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day, but I only record it to MFP when I hit a new low.

I find that weighing myself every day, and then charting that weight in Excel, has kept me from getting discouraged, because I can see that (1) my weight fluctuates constantly and an increase of even several pounds might only last one day and (2) that the process isn't linear -- while I average a pound a week loss, the scale isn't dropping a few ounces a day, it's more like I fluctuate between the same 2 numbers for two weeks and then drop down to a new low the next.

I know for a lot of people, a daily weigh-in stresses them out, or they panic whenever the scale goes up even if they know that there are fluctuations, so my way is not for everyone.

I say, weigh as often as you find encouraging. It might be 5 times a day or once a month. Try and see what you like.

That is a great idea!
  • benich3043
    benich3043 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Every other Friday I get checked by my company First Sergeant (read boss) to make sure I am in weight standards. This is usually the weight I will record on MFP.