How often do you check in?

Options

Replies

• jeanninecurran
    jeanninecurran Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it weekly as well, always on a Thurs. So far I've been losing a pound a week just like site promised
  • kraz4fun
    kraz4fun Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh in once a week but I have been trying to do it daily or every other day lately. I like to look back at my progress charts and look at trends. I wasn't getting the detailed info I wanted from the weekly weigh ins but it's all up to you. Weekly is probably the best since it will give a more accurate long term loss reading. I guess it just depends on what your motivation is and how susceptible you are to what you see on the scale. Good luck!
  • girlonfire15
    girlonfire15 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh in daily, but I found myself getting far too obsessed with the numbers on the scale. Now I weigh in and measure every Monday morning before my run, and it's been working out well for me.
  • HowardRose
    HowardRose Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Once a week on Friday mornings. I don't want to drive myself crazy with any day-to-day fluctuations.
  • GrammaBonnie
    GrammaBonnie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself most mornings, cause I'm curious. If I forget, it's no big deal. I'm in two challenge groups that have weigh-ins -- one on Monday, one on Friday. I record in those groups what I weigh that morning. I post my weight to MFP only when it has gone down, which doesn't seem to be often enough! :)

I recognize and accept that there are fluctuations. It might be down yesterday, and up by two pounds today. No big deal.

When I get discouraged because it isn't coming off fast enough, I remind myself that I didn't get fat over night, so I can't expect it to come off overnight, either. I remind myself that if I loose it slowly, it will most likely stay off. I remind myself of how much energy I now have; if I eat too little, I will loose that. And, finally, I remind myself that eating the right foods, in the right serving sizes, is the beginning of a journey that will last the rest of my life. It's worth the wait! :)

Good luck to you all!
  • this1bigdog
    this1bigdog Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Every Tuesday morning!

I used to weigh myself everyday, but it made me crazy.

ditto
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    First thing every Monday morning, before i workout.
  • leahsays
    leahsays Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    The Wii Fit gets mad at me if I go a few days without weighing in, but I wait it out a few days if I can. I only record my weight on MFP if I hit a low.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    About once a month. After my cycle or after a rest week to make sure water retention is at it's lowest. With strength training and eating at maintenance, my weight isn't supposed to change much.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Every morning.
  • Kristan_Forsey
    Kristan_Forsey Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I weigh and measure once a week (Tuesdays), in the morning, before eating breakfast, unless it is that time of the month. Then I skip that week.
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Once a week on Friday's...unless I'm starting/ending a specific program or challenge then I'll do it for those.
  • AliciaStaton
    AliciaStaton Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Hi I weigh myself once a week usually on the same day. I also do my measurements at least once a month
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Once a week, on Saturday. My nerves can't take the day-to-day fluctuations LOL
  • eliz_in_pink
    eliz_in_pink Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    See, the scale and I broke up a long time ago (around December when I was weighing myself every day) and then I decided that it wasn't good for me mentally and now I have an affair with the scale only once an month.
  • happyhaunt
    happyhaunt Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Everyday
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Every day but I do not stress over the daily fluctuations
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I'll often jump onto my home scales a few times a week but only for interest as my weight fluctuates a lot from day to day. I have an official weigh using a pharmacy's scale which also measures fat % on the first working day of each month which I will log here, along with roughly weekly Friday ones without fat %.

I am tempted to just weigh monthly but wonder whether that would affect motivation? Or it could make my exercise burns less accurate.
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, but I log it in Friday morning!! Gives me incentive to behave over the weekend!!
  • nerolimoon
    nerolimoon Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Although I've only been on MFP about a month, I've been losing weight since May 2011. I decided at the outset that I'd only weigh myself once a month, on the first of the month, to stop myself getting obsessed or depressed about daily or weekly fluctuations. This really works for me.