Replies

• winninga
    winninga Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Mad4bullies
    Mad4bullies Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I can't resist a glass of Pinot Noir... But definitely try to limit it to 2 glasses a couple times a week... I figure that it is one of the less caloric alcohol beverages and is good for you. I think Michelob Ultra tastes awful even if it is 95 calories... I would rather drink water instead!

Skinny girl margarita wasn't bad. I will have to try her other flavors.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    I get the Barefoot wines, since I am a consistent drinker of usually 2 glasses of wine a night, I like to keep the cost low. Also I get the 4 bottle packs so I don't waste any or feel the need to drink the whole bottle, I am not a big fan of wine the next day.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    136796907401598708_4TGqQF0k_f.jpg
    Love that!
  • Fatbuster205
    Fatbuster205 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I haven't even read anyone else's comments! :laugh: OMG Life without wine! :sad: Don't get me wrong - moderation is important but enjoy a few - and if you don't want to publicly admit how many you drink just don't add them but work your butt off!! I work on roughly 100 cals per glass (home measures!) so I work off the same through exercise - I don't always log but I always work off! I think that is important but equally many will scream loudly now that that's wrong! I don't mind different opinions - I do what works for me! I enjoy wine from time to time and I am not going to stress over the occasional "oops!":drinker: This whole journey is about balance, lifestyle change and good health - becoming a raving alcoholic isn't compatible with my aim! Therefore, when I want to enjoy a few drinks with friends or whatever and I don't feel like logging them, then that is my decision. BUT I religiously note how much privately and work it off! Now I might read other comments! :bigsmile:
  • Afrikangirl
    Afrikangirl Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    LOVE red wine! Shiraz, pinot nior, spanish tempernillo...........I save my calories for wine in the evening...usually have a glass or two...no more. I actually think it helps me lose weight and aids with digestion. It seems to work for French women :) I think if you focus on your diet being more fresh foods...eat nothing packaged! Focus on vegetables and lean meats (mostly fish)....wine will not hold you back.
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Went to NY Finger Lakes in the end of May for my birthday... Can you say "wine trail"? I can, for the first half an hour of the trip... then it sounds a little funny to me because of the slurring...

I don't even know how many wineries are there ... with their lovely tasting rooms... pour me another.

I love Lake Keuka's Wine Trail. We did go over to Seneca Lake too (more wine! and beer!) - because my friend wanted to check out North America's ONLY organic winery... (eh, it was okay).

I came home with 8-10 bottles of Reds & a couple of whites too... but I love my Merlot - especially Dr. Frank's!!!! YUM!
  • dietfree2012
    dietfree2012 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: You guys are awesome :wink: I love reds. I have limited myself to 8oz a day and if i save calories, then i can go crazy on the weekend. I estimate an 8oz glass of red at 195 calories.
  • LDM90
    LDM90 Posts: 24
    Options
    I'm a red wine girl, I LOVE the stuff! I was beginning to think that nobody on this site drank and started to worry!!
    I'm up for the group so all of us winos can chat!
  • macpatti
    Options
    I get the Barefoot wines, since I am a consistent drinker of usually 2 glasses of wine a night, I like to keep the cost low. Also I get the 4 bottle packs so I don't waste any or feel the need to drink the whole bottle, I am not a big fan of wine the next day.
    Red wine headaches are the worst!
  • direwolfprincess
    direwolfprincess Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I have a few bottles of red in the house and will allow myself one or two glasses occasionally. Cutting back has made those nights extra special.... and a bit blurry now that I mention it... :tongue:
  • Ilovejacks
    Ilovejacks Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I work hard just to enjoy my wine!!!!!Skinny girl wine is delish!!!So is Skinny Girl marg!!!!!
  • ttrussel
    ttrussel Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm quite fond of sweet reds. I like Riunite Lambrusco, and that one only runs 98 cals/5oz glass. Just an fyi, more than two is a binge, and not so healthy. (Not judging, just caring.) I have a glass (or, more rarely, two) 2-3 times/week.

This is the one I like but I try to just stay with Bud Select 55.

Once at Olive Garden when I ordered it the waiter (with not-so-many-teeth I might add) told me "It's just a step up from Mogen David".... I wanted to punch him in the face but oh well, it's what I enjoy so I drank the entire bottle! Bwahahahaha
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    My MFP pals pointed out to me that I seem to have bigger weight losses when I have a bottle of wine the day before weigh in.... maybe I'm just strange? Or very lucky :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options

Love barefoot 2 sweet red..mmmmm I also buy the little ones in the 4pack, and the big bottles:-)
  • fjrandol
    fjrandol Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Have a box of wine on my counter: http://www.blackboxwines.com/cabernet_sauvignon.html

I did visit the fam a few weeks ago and went tasting at Chacewater, which just won Golden State Winery of the Year. Their chardonnay was kick-*kitten*.

As an aside...both my aunt and my sister have vineyards right outside their doors. Where the hell is MY vineyard??! lol :smile:
  • camisetgo
    camisetgo Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yep,...LOVE MY WINE! I am with Erika...I measure mine out with a measuring cup and count every calorie. I drink a couple of glasses (small 4-5oz) glasses a week. Sometimes more at a social event. I have lost almost 60lbs and I drank wine all the way through my weight loss. However, like I said, I count every calorie and I work out harder to make up for it. ITS TOTALLY WORTH IT! :-)
  • Fatbuster205
    Fatbuster205 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Being a "King" of course I love wine. Recently purchase 17 bottles on a recent trip to Napa Valley. Now I workout 6 days a week to support my wine drinking!!!

I suggest we create a Wine Group!!!!

What do you think everyone?
    So with you but I haven't done a group before so I don't know how it works!
  • macpatti
    Options
    Just an fyi, more than two is a binge, and not so healthy.
    Wait. So, 3 glasses of wine with dinner is a binge?
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    Don`t know where in the world you are but..

Lambrini light is 5.5% alc and 40 cals per glass. Great to keep in chilled, sparkling `wine`!

I log it every day even if I don`t have any, keeps my cals with food under for the day if I don`t have it so I can have a pinot grigio on another day

I also log 30gms salted peanuts everyday. Cos I like to snack with my wine, don`t always have them, but again it gives me the option.

I just log them everyday!!!! hmmm anyone reading my diary will think I am a alcohic peanut eater lol!