What are YOU gonna do for youself?

Options

Replies

• ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I am rewarding myself with some summer clothes for my trip to Texas in 2 weeks for my 15 lbs lost! I'd like to lose 5 more between now and then, but I've lost 2 sizes and don't own any shorts or cute tank tops so it was either lose the weight or have no clothes!
  • reallyally1
    Options
    I want a new wardrobe; especially some dress clothes. All I have to wear right now are jeans and T-shirts.
  • CindyM0605
    CindyM0605 Posts: 18
    Options
    Well, hopefully reaching my goal will coincide with my trip to Vegas with one of my best friends in June 2014.

We're staying in the penthouse suite at the Mirage and are going to LIVE IT UP!! :D
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Yep, I just decided that once I reach my mini goal of 10 lbs lost, I'm going to reward myself with a trip to a GOOD salon to get a haircut for this messy curly hair of mine. I'm tired of going to cheap salons where no one knows how to cut curly hair and I'm tired of looking at the nice salons and telling myself that I can't afford them. (Any of you ladies out there feel me?)

Well, maybe they ARE over-priced, but I'm going to splurge in approximately 7 lbs and I'm going to go for it. What better occasion to spend a little extra than after losing 10 lbs? YAY. I'm so pumped!

So, I wanna know---how have YOU all rewarded yourself after reaching a mini-goal or overall goal?

I too have very curly hair. A great cut goes a long way! I have hair extensions also. The extensions weigh down my natural hair and it's easier overall to flat iron. (sounds strange, but it's true!)

My reward for my GW is going to be an entire closet full of new clothes. Right down to the undies!!
  • flukes9
    flukes9 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Besides, the Keurig, I'll probably buy another Harveys seatbelt bag....(though, honestly, I will buy another one even if I don't reach my goal. Love them!) I used to love Coach, but I hate that they're made in China and use exotic animals. Harveys are made from seatbelts and made in the USA!
  • angrodriguez92
    angrodriguez92 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    When I am 115 I will simply reward myself by forcing everyone I know to watch me get on the scale as I excitedly scream,"Look!!! LOOK AT THAT!". When I am 110 lbs, I will buy some new clothes. Not my ordinary t shirt and jeans combo, oh no. A skirt. Yep. And... maybe a cute leather jacket.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    reverse cowgirl

omg i love you.
  • wonderkitten711
    wonderkitten711 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    When I lost 10% of my MFP starting weight (which was around 30 pounds), I got myself a really nice new pair of heels. At my next 10% lost, the hubby is taking me to the opera or the symphony. 10% after that is another pair of shoes (I have a slight shoe addiction, I admit). 10% after that is a weekend staycation at my favorite b&b in town.

Ultimate goal weight reward - a week at the beach with my husband. I grew up on the ocean and have lived in a landlocked city for the past 12 years, so the return to the beach is going to be the ultimate reward (especially rocking an awesome bikini).
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I'm going to buy new underwear when I get to 30 lbs lost.
    I love underwear! :heart:

But the real treat is when I get to my final goal weight: my first two-piece bathing suit EVER!
  • pigote
    pigote Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    A massage when I get to normal weight. Just need to find someplace that has them.
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    When I hit my goal weight I will go to Victoria's secret and buy a weeks worth of matching bras and panties!!

LOVE it! I have been trying to think of a reward for myself... this will go in the list of possibilities. :)
  • SF2514
    SF2514 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    When I hit my goal weight I will go to Victoria's secret and buy a weeks worth of matching bras and panties!!

I love this idea as well =). I think I will end up borrowing it when I get 3/4th of the way to my gw =).
  • Pisc2749
    Pisc2749 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Yep, I just decided that once I reach my mini goal of 10 lbs lost, I'm going to reward myself with a trip to a GOOD salon to get a haircut for this messy curly hair of mine. I'm tired of going to cheap salons where no one knows how to cut curly hair and I'm tired of looking at the nice salons and telling myself that I can't afford them. (Any of you ladies out there feel me?)

Well, maybe they ARE over-priced, but I'm going to splurge in approximately 7 lbs and I'm going to go for it. What better occasion to spend a little extra than after losing 10 lbs? YAY. I'm so pumped!

So, I wanna know---how have YOU all rewarded yourself after reaching a mini-goal or overall goal?

Not exactly on topic - but I had to tell you I relate to the curly hair problem! I haven't been to a stylist in years because they always jack up my hair, "wow you have so much hair, it's so thick and curly" then proceed to cut it like it's stick straight. I have had so many bad haircuts in the past. Now I just trim it myself and I'm much happier with it. I like your idea of splurging on a good cut though.
  • chlorisaann
    chlorisaann Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I am rewarding myself with some summer clothes for my trip to Texas in 2 weeks for my 15 lbs lost! I'd like to lose 5 more between now and then, but I've lost 2 sizes and don't own any shorts or cute tank tops so it was either lose the weight or have no clothes!

You definitely want shorts tanks and light airy dresses!! It is HOT and HUMID here!!! :ohwell:
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I'm going to stop hating myself. jk. I'm never stopping that. It's what drives me.
  • KuroNyankoSensei
    KuroNyankoSensei Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Maybe stop wearing my dad's and brother's old clothes and start wearing the cute girl clothes I bought ^-^;;
  • fitnhealthykaren
    Options
    I'm getting myself a nice pair of cycle shoes for the first 25 I've lost.
  • bigf00t
    bigf00t Posts: 6 Member
    Options

Allure magazine publishes a monthly list of 'best for" salons (best for long hair, best for curly hair, best for coloring, etc) -- you should be able to search their web site -- though it's mostly metro area salons (SF, NYC, Dallas, Atlanta etc).
  • ChanniVincent
    Options
    I'm buying myself a book about life.
  • bigf00t
    bigf00t Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    New shirts