Easy 10 weeks to (slow) 10K, who's with me?

Options
2»

Replies

• Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I'm in, I did 30 mins this morning, so will do 35 on 8th and so on.

I have a 5k on 15th July, which will take me longer than 40 mins I suspect, but I'll see how it goes.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Did a 29 minute fartlek session last night, thanks to "Zombies, Run!" Awful weather forecast this weekend, hope I can slot in the 35 minutes without being driven indoors.
  • BronnersHarris
    BronnersHarris Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I'll join.

I haven't ever done a 5 km but have increased my running to about 40mins on the treadmill. I normally run Monday, Tuesday and Friday (this week 40 mins each day) and then increase it by 5mins each week.

I might start swapping the wednesday for a shorter run but inreasing the speed.

I currently run at 9.5km on treadmill. Realise it's slightly different than running outside, and I will get there more, but am enjoying the treadmill currently, so will stick with it while I have the motivation. :)

I don't have any 10k runs planned - but I might have a look for when I get back from holiday :)
  • larkiedeek
    larkiedeek Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'm in.

My 10k is on the 2nd of September.

I might even do a free 5k race tomorrow if it stops raining. (It's Scotland so we only have 2 types of weather. Raining and the short period of time between rain).
  • BerryH
    Options
    I might even do a free 5k race tomorrow if it stops raining. (It's Scotland so we only have 2 types of weather. Raining and the short period of time between rain).
    It's dreich everywhere this summer! :laugh:
  • BerryH
    Options
    Have you all got your 35 minutes in this weekend? I headed out just as a storm started and was soaked through to the skin before reached the end of the road, including my socks as I ran through a puddle! I really enjoyed it though and got some weird looks grinning like a loon in the rain! I'm loving the "Zombies, Run!" app, I can't wait for the next run to see what happens next!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    No rain here, but I loved running in it last spring and getting the odd looks from drivers! :bigsmile: I didn't like starting out in the rain, but didn't mind that it started once I was out there. Couldn't miss a day of c25k!
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I did! My 5K Race for Life took me 35 mins and 20 seconds. I'm sort going back to intervals as of next week though, finishing C25K then pushing along with B210K.

Have another 5K on 29 July which I hope to reduce my time on.

:-)
  • BerryH
    Options
    That's a brilliant speedy time Lisa, well done!

I had a longer midweek run than I intended last night just because I needed the calorie burn, oops! Hating the dreadmill at the moment, should have gone outside despite cold, dark and rain.
  • Aka8941
    Aka8941 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm on Week 5 of a Bridge to 10K program....I'm kinda stuck right now and can't get past this week. Hopefully posting here will add some incentive.
  • BerryH
    Options
    Was off work for a funeral today, but managed to fit in a half-hour run beforehand... in the sun! I barely recognised the fiery ball in the sky, it's been so long.
  • BerryH
    Options
    Got out in the rain on Saturday to get this week's 40 minutes in, gaily leaping over puddles. It's not officially a flood area where I live, but it's getting pretty difficult to navigate down by the river, especially in the bits patrolled by overly-aggressive geese! And then teh sun came out on Sunday when I had an indoor Body Pump workout, damn it!
  • lazyspice
    lazyspice Posts: 8,515 Member
    Options
    I did 10k on the treadmill yesterday - some running, some walking. I wanted to do the distance without worrying about the time so that my head knows my body can do it!

Now I can concentrate on building up the amount of run time - I know it doesn't totally fit with the schedule but if I combine the two I'll get there :wink:
  • BerryH
    Options
    30 mins of zombie dodging planned for tonight! The weather's rather nice today, hope it holds.

I get paid next Friday; the first thing I'm doing is entering the race.
  • lazyspice
    lazyspice Posts: 8,515 Member
    Options
    How is everyone doing? I did 6.5 miles on the treadmill this morning - still doing intervals as my knees aren't up to running for that long!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Between a grumpy knee, hot weather, and school starting for my kid, I set my 10k goals aside last month. I found that I wasn't enjoying the longer runs, I didn't look forward to getting out there, where as I used to really like to get out there and do the 3 or 4 miles i had been running.

So I'm taking a break, and started running 2 miles in the morning before I take my kiddo to school (that's all I have time for!), and going at least 5k or longer, depending on what I feel like, on the weekend. So far so good - I am enjoying running again and have been able to pick up my speed on those shorter runs.

I may go back to the 10k plan once the weather cools down - we are still hitting temps around 100ºF here! I'm ready for fall!
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    My 10K is this coming Saturday. I've been building up my weekly long run by 1K per week and am now up to 12K (still with walk breaks but I'm kinda liking this Galloway thing and am still getting better times this way).

I'm going to keep raising the distance each week until Christmas I think.