How often do you weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Once a month, right after Aunt Flo leaves the building. And that's only so I can be accurate with the BMR calculations. Otherwise, I use the tape measure and the fit of my clothes to monitor progress. :)

My official weigh in is like the above. I do 1 week after TOM starts. That way I am in the same hormone flux. (also when I get the lowest number)
    But I do check in once a week to see how things are progressing, but I don't worry about the fluxes.
  • darzinger
    darzinger Posts: 9
    Options
    It can be so frustrating when those numbers move in the wrong direction, or don't seem to move at all!

I try to view the whole thing in terms of trends, and remind myself of benchmarks, ie, "Rrr, it's so frustrating to be hovering between 157 and 160, but this is SO MUCH BETTER than when I was hovering around 165 and 168!"

Keeping a holistic view helps keep me positive.
  • AHatFullOfSky
    AHatFullOfSky Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Every Tuesday at my consultant. She has a prof scale and it's more accurate than my own.

I measure myself every month or so...
  • phxJames
    phxJames Posts: 20
    Options
    I weigh myself several times throughout the week. I remember and only record the highest weight, in whole pounds, once or twice during a week (ignoring everything else).
  • jyuubi
    jyuubi Posts: 109
    Options
    At the moment, once a week. I might cut back to two weeks if weight loss seems to be slowing down. Sometimes I feel like I want to weigh or measure myself everyday, desperate to see some sort of results, but I realize that it just doesn't work like that, so I'm fighting that need.
  • Pinky1147
    Pinky1147 Posts: 105
    Options
    I do everyday! lol I'm an addict!! I am trying though to break this habit! Thinking of asking hubby to hide it from me! lol
  • gamerkiwi
    gamerkiwi Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Every day, then I log my weight on a graph. I don't pay attention to my fluctuations, as long as the graph goes down, I'm happy.
  • mrsjennifermaffei
    Options
    I want myself to work for the weight loss and not be saddened by the scale and what it says either up or down. So, I've decided to only weigh in on Sundays.
  • Chocolatewoman
    Chocolatewoman Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Every two weeks. I think weighing every day is too much but once a month can be too little. Every two weeks is a "happy" medium for me.
  • vergonya
    vergonya Posts: 5
    Options
    Every day.

Eh, you can say I'm obsessed ...... I tried doing it every 2 days but it was too hard for me .......

I really want to cut back to once a week though. I'm trying!
  • Berto0391
    Berto0391 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Once a week every Sunday.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Everyday but it keeps me motivated that's why I do it.
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    A few times a week and I hate being that obsessed
  • cberridge1987
    Options
    I try to do it once a week tops, but it does get addictive, like other people have said though, weight can fluctuate a lot between days. If I do weigh myself more than once a week, I only count my weigh in on Thursdays on here.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I try not to weigh myself every day but I can't help it. It drives me nuts because my weight fluctuation is so large depending on what I ate/drank and whether or not I hydrated properly.
  • kmuree
    kmuree Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Every two weeks is my average! I obsess if I do it weekly or more than that. :blushing:
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Every day. I don't even swear at the scale anymore over fluctuations. Well, usually.
  • BrandiL83
    BrandiL83 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I am in a weight loss group on FB with my friends. We weigh in every Friday. I weigh myself at the same time (around about the same time) every week. Your weight varies between 1 and 2 lbs throughout the day, so same time every week for me. Lately I have been doing it 2x a week. But I am going back to once now. I find myself getting obsessed with weighing myself. So I refuse to do it but once a week now.
  • MAGRYDER
    MAGRYDER Posts: 1
    Options
    every morning after i use the bathroom and before i eat!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Every morning. No, I'm not obsessed.