Replies

• Trace1984
    Trace1984 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    July 4th - I start today!!
  • uglyhobo
    uglyhobo Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I typically eat 2100 calories between 8:30 and 9:30 pm, pretty much daily. Does that count as a binge if it's my normal routine? Curious as to the definition of binge. Admittedly, I didn't read more that the first 10 posts so this could have been covered.
    Thay's basically Intermittent Fasting, and no it does not count as a binge.
    Eating more meals per day does not increase your metabolism as some people believe
    Only 1 hour though is a little bit like a binge and I couldn't imagine eating 2100 calories in 1 hour LOL even though I eat 3300-4000 per day. With IF you eat only in the afternoon and evening.

If you like eating a lot of calories at once, then Leangains & Intermittent Fasting might be for you.

http://www.leangains.com/
    http://www.leangains.com/2010/10/top-ten-fasting-myths-debunked.html
    http://www.leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html
  • uglyhobo
    uglyhobo Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Why not just IIFYM instead of trying to "eat clean" then binging
    With IIFYM you can fit those foods into your diet...

For some people, just having a little of certain foods, in my case baked things, sugary foods, can trigger a craving for more that can be difficult to control, hence it can be easier to avoid those foods altogether if possible.

Okay I'm just letting people know that for some of them, IIFYM might be better.
    I had a binge problem where I would binge about once a week, but once I started IIFYM, I never had any binges because whenever I get a temptation for something, I will give into it and it's a lot better than that temptation building up and me ending up binging. At least with IIFYM if I am able to fit the food into my macros I'm still meeting my macros and calorie goals, but if I binge I'm guaranteed to go over and not meet my macros
  • kayla7303
    kayla7303 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    me 3
    binge 1
    (:
  • Roos2104
    Roos2104 Posts: 22
    Options
    Made it through another binge-free day! I even managed to buy lollypops and eat ONE, and not take another.

Start 1st of july:

Me: 4
    binge monster: 0
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    If I didnt work out at 4:45am I would be completely on board with IF. I have my protein shake after my work out so it breaks my fast :-(. Other wise its a 700 - 800 calorie mid day meal and the rest of my 3100-3200 cals at night.
  • vivianleemit
    vivianleemit Posts: 112
    Options
    Me: 3
    Binge: 1

July the 4th, there's food everywhere... I couldn't resist eating a TON of butter-slathered popcorn :( Oh well, tomorrow's another day!
  • Flan656
    Flan656 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Waaaah I just saw this post and I'm starting today, 4th July, I need to break this horrible habit!!
  • happyhaunt
    happyhaunt Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Binge: 0

:D
  • allknowingtomato
    allknowingtomato Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Me: 2
    Binge: 2

: |
  • penny_eclipse
    penny_eclipse Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    If I'm starting Sunday (July 1st...)

Binge: 2

If I'm starting yesterday (July 3rd...)

Think I'm going to go with as of yesterday so I don't feel like I've already lost....
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options

Today also marks 3 whole weeks that I have gone without a binge! :)
  • PrayerofAmity
    PrayerofAmity Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Me : 4
    Binge Monster : 0
  • Creamshakes
    Creamshakes Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Creamshakes: Round 4 win!
    The Beast: TKO!
  • mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options

Today also marks 3 whole weeks that I have gone without a binge! :)

Great job!
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options

July 4th - Under Calorie Goal But Not On Plan (U.C.G.B.N.O.P)

Winning: 2
    Binge Monster: 0
    Under Calorie Goal but Not on Plan: 2

I'm doing a third category. When I have something off plan that I am trying to stay away from, that one gets a check mark
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Binge free - 3
    Binge monster - 1 - for which i am suffering dearly with a day of nausea, fatigue and stomach cramping.
  • chelw727
    chelw727 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Happy Fourth! Went to Bonefish Grill with the family and stayed within my goals!! Total binge free days: 7!

For July:
    Within calorie goals: 4
    Binge monster: 0
  • Kimblesnbits
    Kimblesnbits Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    (these were planned binge days actually...)
    Winning: 2
    Binge Monster: 2
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I will start July 5th, and come back to check in. I've had enough binges for the past week, and paid dearly for them..(several pounds. :cry: ) Feel free to add me.