Looking for friends with 1200 calorie range

Options
Hi everyone :) I am 5'2 and have about 30 lbs to lose. I am looking for supportive friends to add on here that are in a similar 1200 calorie range. I find it really difficult to stay within this number and am hoping friends on here with similar goals can help!

Replies

• camelgirlmn
    camelgirlmn Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    HI there :) Im looking to lose 40 to 45 pounds. Im 5'3 and currenly about 184. I try to stay in the 1200 range. But some days it is hard and i tend to eat back my exercise calories and sometimes then some. Im a work in progress. I am always looking for new motivational friends!!! Add me
  • tabbycat627
    Options
    I am totally with you! I often eat at 1300-1400, but there are days when I (miraculously) eat below 1200 before any exercise.
    It was a huge change for me, as I was probably eating at 2500-3500 a day before. However, I wasn't eating many low calorie fruits and veggies then...
    Fruits and veggies are your friend ^^ as well as greek yogurt, oatmeal, etc...
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,137 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me! I started in December with this strict 1200 range (I'm 5'1" and had 35 pounds to lose, 10 to go) and after about 4 weeks found I had adjusted and was not hungry all the time. Now I'm hungry only part of the time! Your body WILL adjust! Exercise, particularly intervals, will help a ton. It also helps to have one free day per week for exercise and food (not necessarily the same day).

Do not give up! Just track everything, everything, everything. Take one day a week off completely and eat whatever you want. In between, stick to the 1200 and as high fiber as possible, with plenty of water. It helps a lot to know that one day per week is blow it day. Save up your cravings for then! It is also possible to add one free meal a week if you need to, just so long as you keep losing 1% of your weight per week.

I really liked the plan laid out in "The Game One Diet". But just counting 1200 with one day off works fine.

Good luck!
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    That's me...I have tried to eat more, but eating only healthy foods.....I seem to be fine about 1200 or so calories.

You can add me if you would like.
  • ChelitoFit
    Options
    :bigsmile:
  • lbinns77
    lbinns77 Posts: 8
    Options
    My daily calories are currently 1290 and finding it so hard! Would love some friends as well :)
  • jguidroz
    jguidroz Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 2 and have another 30ish pounds to lose as well. I also try to stay in the 1200 calories range. I recently bought a HRM and realized I do t burn close to what I thought I did, so I am basically learning how to stay in the 1200 calories all over again. I spend a lot of time looking for different recipes to help stay under the 1200. Feel free to add me I am not new to the site just new to the community part of it.
  • andreamelo1
    andreamelo1 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    i hope when you excercise you eat more than 1200 calories thats just too little
  • brooke7ia
    brooke7ia Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm routinely under my 1200 calories by eating Eggbeater eggwhites with feta cheese & onion, sugar-free jello cups, rice cakes and other similiar low-cal "fillers." I mean I eat other things too but those staples are helping me adjust to being hungry. I keep reminding myself being a little hungry is the the feeling of losing weight. Good luck!!
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me! I started in December with this strict 1200 range (I'm 5'1" and had 35 pounds to lose, 10 to go) and after about 4 weeks found I had adjusted and was not hungry all the time. Now I'm hungry only part of the time! Your body WILL adjust! Exercise, particularly intervals, will help a ton. It also helps to have one free day per week for exercise and food (not necessarily the same day).

Do not give up! Just track everything, everything, everything. Take one day a week off completely and eat whatever you want. In between, stick to the 1200 and as high fiber as possible, with plenty of water. It helps a lot to know that one day per week is blow it day. Save up your cravings for then! It is also possible to add one free meal a week if you need to, just so long as you keep losing 1% of your weight per week.

I really liked the plan laid out in "The Game One Diet". But just counting 1200 with one day off works fine.

Good luck!

If you eat healthy all week...and eat what ever you want you may never lose the weight you would like. If you just go to fast foods and have a burger, fries and a cola you can be at 3500 calories, for that meal alone. You are just wasting your time. Food really shouldn't be a treat or a reward when your trying to lose weight. This is just what I have found during my journey....others may feel differently
  • Lovestoscrapbook
    Lovestoscrapbook Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    :happy: Same height, weight and calorie goal. Feel free to add me to anyone in this group. I have found that veggies are the best option, followed by fruit, then by cereal for breakfast and "Lean Cuisine" or some other type of packaged lunch. Bread is my weakness and I'm finding that not all carbs are built the same.
  • readyforthejourney
    Options
    hey there...Im 5'1 and at 1200 calories as well, lots to loose but feel free to add me. Im still pretty new to this myself. Anyone here can add me if they like.
  • divinebird
    divinebird Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'4" and looking to lose 100 lbs by next year. I am at 1250 and I find it actually pretty easy to stay within!! Exercise is a huge help, but even without it, there are lots of ways to eat like a queen and still stay within your target. Feel free to friend me and follow my food diary! :D
  • CharityEaton
    CharityEaton Posts: 508
    Options
    I'm 5 foot 3 and am at the end of my weight loss journey. I have lost the 30 pounds I set as my goal and then a little more.
    I stick with about 1300 cals but most of the time do good to hit 1200. It's all in the food you eat. If you watch your fat and eat a lot of fruits and veggies you will be full long before you hit 1200 calories.

Everyone talks about how nuts are so good for you....they will put you way over on a 1200 cal diet.
    Also, protein at EVERY meal. If you can't stand to eat that much "meat" then use a protein powder. Body Fortress is a decent brand 140 cals for one scoop and 25g of protein. Learn to like it mixed with water and you will save even more calories.
    Start by mixing it with milk if you have to then go half milk half water....then go all water! Just gulp it down and don't think about it!
    Another way to keep the cals in check is to watch your fat very closely. Something high in fat will kill your cals....that one slice of cheese on a turkey sandwich...killer! skip it, you won't even notice it is gone if you pile on the spinach and tomato...I promise!

Eggs are killer too....great source of protein but you gotta skip the yolk! I struggle with egg whites and egg subs. So I learned to mix 1/4 cup egg sub with one regular egg......it makes it much better.

My diary is open if you would like to check out some of the things I eat...I usually(last month I slacked off since it was my Birthday and I have met my goal...I'm back on track now though) I eat fairly lowfat, low carb, super high protein. I watch my sodium but not my sugar...fruit kills the sugar and to be honest I don't care about sugar so I refuse to cut out my fruits.

I try to eat most of my veggies/fruit raw too.
    Anyway, feel free to check it out if you need some more ideas or send me a msg...I'll help as much as I can! You CAN do it!
  • christeelynn72
    Options
    I am also on the 1200 range, but in total I need to lose over 100 pounds, but hey I have to start somewhere. I have done really good the past three weeks, but tonight I have the urge to eat everything in the house. I hate that feeling. This is the first time I have felt hungry. Feel free to add me and together we can help each other.:bigsmile:
  • Cgirlish
    Cgirlish Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me I'm in the 1200 calorie range on my rest day .... when I work out I usually eat back about half my workout calories which puts me at about 1400 -1500:smile:
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    My aim is 1305. Its weird but some days it seems so easy whilst other days I feel like I struggle...
    Feel free to add :-) x
  • cloudangel161
    Options
    Hey, I'm on the 1200 diet. I've got some good recipes to keep under that goal with. Just takes a little dedication and being on here every day helps. Add me if you'd like :)
  • CharityEaton
    CharityEaton Posts: 508
    Options
    Just a tip for all of yo! I've been at this for almost a year and have tried many different approaches:

First and most important is your water! DRINK YOUR WATER! it helps yo feel full
    Take your current body weight divide in half and that is the number of ounces of water you should drink.
    Drink a glass of water before each mea and then another after your meal...if you are too full to drink the water afte your meal...you ate too much.

Use smaller plates.

Read labels

Measure everything....even your water so that you KNOW you are drinking the right amount.
    Learn to use less of those condiments...salad dressing, mayo, ketchup, etc. Find a way to cut those down or out totally.

cut out all those diet drinks. get rid of the "sugar free" crap too. Think about all the chemicals you are putting in your body.
    If you want ice cream eat the REAL DEAL it will satisfy your craving far better then all that other crap...yes, it is crap! Sorry! I feel very strongly about putting artificial flavors and colors in my body!
    make a batch of cookies and make them smaller. It's ok to have the things yu like...don't limit yourself to one "cheat day" that's crazy! Learn to balance your calories in versus your calories out!
    If you look at my diary you will see that I eat pizza nearly every friday night.....always have this entire time!
    I just do a killer cardio workout on Friday to make sure I have the room for it!

I'm not trying to sound like I know it all I just want you to think about what you are doing to your body and what you want it to do for you. You wouldn't put immitation gas in your car so why fill your body with imitation food?
    Take it slow and steady. It takes a ton of patience to get to your goals. They will happen I promise!
    I made it after many hours of sweating my butt off and crying in the kitchen because I had no idea what to eat!! It happens but in the end it is soo very worth every drop of sweat and tears! It is worth not eating that pasta one time! It is worth passing up a drink out with friends. When you try on that outfit you never thought you could wear and it is too big! You will be glad you made these changes!!
  • glow7
    glow7 Posts: 8
    Options
    I am in this range and it is really difficult. Many times I mess up and then I just binge, thinking I will start fresh tomorrow. I can't believe I do that, but I do...so add me in...I need motivation and inspiration to help me.