VOTE - for or against?

Options

Replies

• MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't do it, but whatever floats your boat. If I ever got invited to some person's pet party, I'd have to take a couple of minutes to roll my eyes and get quietly judgemental, but after that I'd get over it and not think any less of them.
  • HeatherHoskins
    HeatherHoskins Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    No,

I have a dog and three cats. I love them like children but would never hold or attend a party for a pet
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Party: no

But I do give extra treats or something special for them. And since I dont know when one was born, I tend to just lump them together on the same day. Besides, Id get a major side eye if I gave one treats and extras but not the other.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    nope.

maybe when i get older and become a crazy cat lady

/foreveralone
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    Not in a million years.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I guess yes, on two conditions...he stop sniffing people's *kitten* and licking his ballz.
    He is a dog.....the celebration is for you.
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I guess yes, on two conditions...he stop sniffing people's *kitten* and licking his ballz.
    He is a dog.....the celebration is for you.

Quit being jealous of the dog Cliff....he can do it and get away with it!! :tongue: :laugh:
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    Yes, my dogs get a nice big fresh bone for their birthdays ...

So does my wife....

heheeeeeee well played.

and no.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    No to the party, but maybe a treat for them like a bone or something...although for the most part their birthdays pass without any of us really remembering....lol
  • lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Not a birthday part no. Not a chance.

Buying it things for its birthday, yes. My boyfriends dog gets tons of chews and a new toy on its birthday every year.
    My cat is only 11 weeks old, but when it's 1 I'll buy it some catnip or something.
  • emisu2
    emisu2 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Yes, my dogs get a nice big fresh bone for their birthdays ...

So does my wife....

LOL!!!!!!!!!!
  • wantstolooseweight
    wantstolooseweight Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Any excuse for a party!!!!
  • Val_from_OH
    Val_from_OH Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Really depends on your family & friends. My sister throws great parties, and she has a dog that we all dearly love. If she threw a doggy birthday party, we would all be there.

If one of my neighbors that I don't know well threw a pet party, I would think they were a little cukoo.
  • estitom
    estitom Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Yes! Do it yourself though, and only invite people you know well :wink:
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I believe in using any old excuse to lavish obscene amounts of attention on my girl, Mischief. For her 3rd birthday last November, She got lots of extra time with me: snuggles, brushing, an extra long walk. She also got special meals: pork chops with a basil cream cheese topping and an omelet for breakfast (but then I cook for my dog normally, so not a huge thing). And we had a fire out back and friends over that evening. Having people over for fire was not expressly for her, but it might as well have been; she always assumes people are over to see her anyway.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    yes absolutely, I thew my pup a 1st birthday. I made him an all natural cake, he gobbled it up for days. We spoiled him with toys, it was the best day EVA. it was just my family though...I dont think I would invite people...thats a little embarassing.
  • Medea81
    Medea81 Posts: 69
    Options
    Birthday party? No... but my Dane's do celebrate their Gotcha Days and/or birthdays with a cake made from carrots/peanut butter/rice flour/milk. But my dogs are also the only children I can have, so they are spoiled monsters.
  • MoveTheMountain
    Options
    Subject : *** BIRTHDAY PARTY FOR A PET ***

What do you think of it?

Please vote (Part A) : Yes / No / Maybe

And if yes or maybe, would you (Part B) : Pay for an event / Do it yourself

Certainly not. Silly.
  • AngieWood611
    AngieWood611 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    YES!
    I didn't go crazy this year for my little girl but she did get a special cookie and a new toy for her birthday. No Party, but i definitely think we should celebrate our pets! <3
  • cberridge1987
    Options
    No, but they would get an extra large bone/treat for their birthday... Saying that, I don't know when their birthdays are....