What's the rudest thing anyone has ever said about your weig

Options

Replies

• Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    In high school I was about 170 pounds and about 5'3 to boot. When I sat down I had a lot of rolls on my side and the boys called me Michelin, because of my spare tire.

Years later, one of the boys showed up at my job when I worked at the university as a computer lab technician. He was asking for password help and I told him that if he wanted help, he needs to go somewhere else. He didn't remember me but when I called him Michelin, he

He was overweight in high school but gained a lot of weight since 9th grade. I weighed 130 pounds and told him in front of 30 people, "get out of here Michelin, your fat *kitten* isn't welcome here." It was glorious!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I was babysitting my friends 2 little girls that I don't see often and one of them poked me in the leg and asked why my butt was so fat. She's four! I could have cried.
  • HannahRoo
    HannahRoo Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    A few years ago I was having a bad day before my day had even really begun, so I went to the mess hall at school to get some comfort food for breakfast. I was in the middle of eating pancakes and bacon and a friend of my ex walked by, did a double take and said "Hey! Jeff was right, you have gotten fat!"

What was really bad about it was that I realized that everyone had been talking behind my back about "what a heffer i had become."
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    Hello, first of all- I'm new here- I'll put up a pic as soon as I'm on my home PC...

I had a doctor tell me that the reason why I was having chronic abdominal pain is because "you're so fat that the sheer weight of your stomach is forcing acid into your pelvis"- it's not even physically possible... he also told me while drawing blood that my arms were too fat for him to find a vein and that I need to "lay off the mayonnaise". SOO embarrassing.

Oh- and it wasn't acid in my pelvis, it was a large ovarian cyst. I wanted to send him a copy of the report, but never had the nerve..
  • ellelit
    ellelit Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    i got a slurpee thrown at me from a moving truck while i was waitingfor the bus... thought i was going to die. this was only about 5 years ago..

alot of time the little things hurt the most, like people saying "oh you're going up for another plate" at the buffet and stuff like that, or at birthdays "oh we know lindsay wants a big piece", stuff like that.

i think the most hurtful ever though was in october when my dad was dying from stomach cancer and i had not seen him in almost 10 years, the first thing he said was, "wow, you sure got fat." i almost said, "ya you're a druggie alcholic who is going to be dead in 2 weeks", but i didn't. he died within a week..
  • Life_is_Good
    Life_is_Good Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Hello, first of all- I'm new here- I'll put up a pic as soon as I'm on my home PC...

I had a doctor tell me that the reason why I was having chronic abdominal pain is because "you're so fat that the sheer weight of your stomach is forcing acid into your pelvis"- it's not even physically possible... he also told me while drawing blood that my arms were too fat for him to find a vein and that I need to "lay off the mayonnaise". SOO embarrassing.

:noway: I hope you got a new doctor.

I just want to say to everyone - how horrible your stories are!! :cry:

I have a daughter that has gone through & a son that is in high school. My daughter would come home almost daily in tears over what other kids would say & do to her. She was always depressed - 21 years old now and she is still trying to conquer those demons created by others.
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options

Oh- and it wasn't acid in my pelvis, it was a large ovarian cyst. I wanted to send him a copy of the report, but never had the nerve..
    OMG. I hope you don't go to that doctor anymore. What a horrible human being, not to mention doctor. I'm sure his malpractice insurance fees are sky high from using it so much......
  • cinandchris
    cinandchris Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I've had the "when are you due" many times since my last child was born (3 years ago!!!) :angry: But that is nothing compared to some of these comments made by family members. I am shocked at the sheer rudeness of some of these people. :mad:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    When I was a cashier in highschool, there was this *crazy* little old lady who used to come in all the time. After a couple glorious months without having to deal with her nonsense, she came back in one day...she got into my line, and when she got to me she said, "I remember you! Oh....you put on weight...:huh: ."

In front of ALL the people in line behind her, no less! I turned red and just laughed it off, but when you're 16, that really hurts. :grumble:

Oh an I almost forgot...a couple months ago my grandma called...she asked me how my working out was going, and I said it was great, and then she asked, "Are your thighs still fat?" UGH.:explode:
  • tracypaprocki
    Options
    I had a child ask there mom if someone that fat should be riding a bike.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    When I was a child 11 to 15 I had an eating disorder because I was a pairs ice skater and our coach kept telling me that I was to fat. I eat very VERY small amounts when I did eat, but got rid of the food as fast as I could through purging if need be.
    I have seen pictures I was NOT FAT, I looked like a skelaton. Fast forward to a few years I was around 25 and I ran into my skating partner at the store, with his mother. He looked awful, but took one look at me and said...
    Well it looks like YOU have taken up eating A LOT!
    I said. Yes thanks, I have been eating. And it looks like you are still ugly and living with your mother I hear. Wow great success YOU turned out to be!
    He just stood there fuming as I walked away.
    I was hurt a little by what he said. But I knew that I was healthy, and had come so far to over come the pain of my youth.
    Success is in fact the greatest revenge
    --Diann...

Props to you for getting past all the ugliness you faced in your youth.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I am just amazed at how truly cruel and insensitive human beings can be. It really saddens me actually.

I think some of the comments I get NOW are a little off. They will say "You look SO great now", etc etc. Makes me feel like I looked ugly and horrible before. I guess SOME people don't understand how they are coming across. Then there are other's that will say nasty things right to your face.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    My goodness, insane!!!!

The one I remember that happened most recently was when a group of former co-workers decided to meet at Olive Garden back in Nov last year. One had brought her baby and I stood up to look at the baby in her little carrier. One of my former co-workers said very loudly in front of everyone "Damn what happened to you? Are you trying to grow a JLo butt?" My heart sank, not so much that I was embarrassed, that too, but the fact that she or anyone else have to make sensitive comments like that in a public place made me so upset. And of course, being a sweet polite person as I am I just said "I know, I have gained some weight". She had to add more to it and asked if there was something wrong with me because I was always so healthy and trim when I used to work with her...And this coming from someone who is very overweight herself!! She has not seen me since and I cant wait for her to see me now!!!!! I am sure she will find something else to say, she is that type of person.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((this is for those who have been hurt by senseless comments))))))))))))))))))))
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I am just amazed at how truly cruel and insensitive human beings can be. It really saddens me actually.

I think some of the comments I get NOW are a little off. They will say "You look SO great now", etc etc. Makes me feel like I looked ugly and horrible before. I guess SOME people don't understand how they are coming across. Then there are other's that will say nasty things right to your face.

I know! I hate it when people say things like that.
  • greysweatshirt
    Options
    When I was in 7th grade, I had a friend's dad tell him that I shouldn't be swinging on their swing set because I weighed "175 pounds"...which apparently was too much to hold or something! On top of that, I was really thin at the time..probably closer to 140-150 and was about 5 8" at the time.
  • kittybellenir
    kittybellenir Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    My Mother had passed away 1 month before my wedding day, I also did not know at the time that I had Hypothyroidism, I went in to my final dress fitting 3 weeks after my mom had passed away I tried on my dress and it was really tight, the seamstress looked at me and said " oh my God, have you just been eating and eating, Your not going to fit in this dress and there isn't enough time to resize it, here is a diet for you in the morning one egg, for lunch four leaves of lettuce, this should help." I bawled
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options

I have that problem too. My weight goes up and down. When it is slightly down, everyone says HOW MUCH BETTER I look, with lots of emphasis on "better." I think, wow, I must have looked like a cow to you people.

They don't think of it that way, but they could tone it down a little!
  • icupfunny2000
    icupfunny2000 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    a couple of weeks ago i told my mom that i had lost 32 pounds .... she said "ahhhh dont worry youll find it again":noway:
    j~
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    It makes me so sad to see how cruel people can be without even thinking about it. (or maybe they are, which is just plain evil).

It makes me really grateful for this place though. Thank God for all you lovely people. Thank God for the kindness on this site.:flowerforyou:
  • frenchfoodlover
    Options
    I gave birth and after I had the baby I was walking down the street and someone said "oh my god, have you not had that baby yet!!! you must be overdue".... I was devastated. I think what hurt the most was that the person wasn't being intentionally hurtful.... I couldn't even strike back at the person for being an idiot. And of course, dealt with my feelings by going out on an extended bender with Ben & Jerry.