If you had $1000 to spend on fitness, what would you do?

Options

Replies

• MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I'd get a gym membership and book some sessions with a personal trainer to show me how to use all the equipment and how to lift properly.
  • sphyxy
    sphyxy Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I would get some free weights for home, a nicer mat and some resistance bands, and then hire a personal trainer!

Leftovers towards diet would be a really nice blender or juicer and a crap ton of vegan protein powders.
  • Vonwarr
    Vonwarr Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I'm currently thinking that I will go with at least some sessions with a personal trainer as so many have suggested, and spend the remainder on a couple of the things missing in my workout room (gym mats, pull-up bar), and maybe some high quality protein powder. Thanks for all the replies, keep them comin! :)
  • red1123
    red1123 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    That's such a wonderful benefit - what an awesome company!

Recently I've decided to splurge on a personal trainer and it has been totally worth the expense. I find she pushes me way harder than I'd ever push myself. Depending on your fitness goals I'd say a personal trainer and gym membership. Though if it were me I'd probably have to throw in new running shoes and some cute workout clothes.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I would buy one of these

http://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-s-3-squat-stand.php

a rogue women's bar, (I don't care which one they are all awesome) and a set of bumper plates.

I might be a little over $1000.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I would buy a top-of the line elliptical, with moving arms, because that's all I really ever do at the gym anyway.
  • CatseyeHardcast
    CatseyeHardcast Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Power cage, kettle bells, rower
  • Werglum
    Werglum Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    This may not be helpful to you, but for me?!? I'd hire a babysitter so I could go running 3X a week without having to juggle everything or go in the dark!!
  • kiddoc88
    kiddoc88 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    - buy kettlebells dumbells step ankles weights, fitbit HRM
    - hire a trainer
    - put some towards my gym membership
    - more workout clothes
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    A bike (pushbike - hybrids are good if you fancy doing on road and mountain biking) - sometimes its nice to get outdoors.
    A personal trainer for some sessions or if you got the bike maybe a session to learn some moves.
    Train to become an instructor for Les Mills - be good for your health & could do evening classes for others :-) x
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Geez... totally jealous over here! If I had some extra cash to spend only on fitness/wellness stuff... I'd get some Beachbody programs and whatever extra equipment I needed (like a pull up bar, medicine balls, lots of dumbells/bands, lifting gloves, push up stands) and a year's supply of protein powder and other supplements... but that's just me.

I'd say good for you for taking full advantage, and good for your employer for realizing a healthy and fit employee is a better worker!!!!

Awesome... enjoy spending the cash!!!!
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Elliptical (which apparently you have)
    Yoga classes (and a good rubber mat, cork blocks, bolster, strap)
    Personal trainer
    Good blender
    Protein powder (& any other shelf-stable additives like psyllium fiber, etc)
    Kettlebells & medicine balls
    Bosu ball or other balancing platform
    Jump rope
    Foam roller
    Really good running shoes (& a spare pair)
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I would get a whole bunch of new workout clothes and shoes... and one of those bodybugg things maybe... I would say a bench and weights and bars and all that but I'd rather just go to the gym.
  • jenjersnapco
    jenjersnapco Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    For me, personally, I would join a Crossfit box.
  • blac3578
    blac3578 Posts: 1
    Options
    I would buy me a treadmill!!!
  • LPCoder
    LPCoder Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Why not try something different like joining a Marshal Arts class. Aikido is a great workout.
  • utdhockey7
    Options
    I'd buy a chin up bar, a variety of medicine balls, a bosu ball, a foam roller, and a balance ball to round out your equipment, a variety of reputable fitness dvd programs, a couple more pair of running shoes, and then see what their policy is on appliances for recovery nutrition. :)
  • jolinemariem
    jolinemariem Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    i would get a cheap treadmill and save the rest to be able to afford healthy food
  • rockingmom25
    Options
    A TreadClimber.... that is my dream
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Wow - $1000!! That's a great benefit!