Your wtf i need to get in shape moment.

Replies

• Healthy_4_Life2
    Healthy_4_Life2 Posts: 595 Member
    I knew I needed to lose weight, but after I got on my sons' Wii Fit and the thing showed my weight as being OBESE, I knew I had to do it. My poor little boys started crying and saying, "Mama, that is a lie, you're not obese." My then 4 year old didn't know what obese meant, but he knew it wasn't good. My 10 year old sat there looking scared. They never say that before when they used the Wii Fit so they knew that was not good. That was my kick in the butts to get serious and stop making excuses!!!
  • When I saw pictures of me on a cruise and there was no discernible chin on me!! just a flesh colored blob with red hair on top of 2 shoulders and I looked 9 months pregnant. I was soo gross. At least now I can tell where my face ends and neck begins
  • Brooklynhendricks21
    Brooklynhendricks21 Posts: 29 Member
    My moment is that sometime in the next year, my husband and I will probably start trying to have a baby, and I guess it seems sorta of backwards, but I want to be very fit and healthy before-hand, so that I can keep it up during and after pregnancy.... a healthy start for the baby and lots easier to get back into the shape I want to be in than to wait and be trying to lose baby weight, plus the extra 5 or so that i'd like to be rid of now.

Me too! I want to lose weight and keep it
    Off for a while before we start having kids! I dont want to weigh what I weigh now and get pregnant on top of that!
  • JThomas61
    JThomas61 Posts: 892
    This picture taken in Jamaica
    WeightLoss.jpg
  • vwkauffman
    vwkauffman Posts: 39 Member
    I have a 14 month old little girl and we take LOTS of pictures of her. Naturally, she's our first born, so everyday there's a new "she just woke up, how silly" or "what a cute outfit" picture. I've seen WAY too many pics of us together where my belly is hanging over my pants or my thighs look extra thick. No good. I want her to see Mommy as healthy, set a good example. I'm just 4 pounds down, but I'm working on it!
  • NJGmywholewrld
    NJGmywholewrld Posts: 123 Member
    I went to the hospital with chest pains in January, turned out to be anxiety. The doctor came into my room and looked at me and said, "You are fat, so with that being said, what are you going to do about it?'
  • argenterie
    argenterie Posts: 93 Member
    I'd always been slim until this past year, when I gained about 40 pounds. I stepped on the scale one morning and read "168". I realized if I kept going I'd hit 170 which is how much my HUSBAND weighs. "No way," said I, and thus the journey began. I'm only a little way along so far, but I already feel motivated, healthier, and starting to love my body again. Can't wait to see the 130s again!
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    When taking only one flight of stairs made me pant like I'd just tried to run a mile...

This.
    And looking into the mirror before I got in the shower and seeing the Stockton Ca ghetto version of Nicole Ritchie. There's nothing more gross than a skinny saggy woman with a 36" waist.
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    I thought I ripped my pants at work.. Luckily they were double stitched. Then I remembered what my mother and grandmother look like and realized that if I didn't take control now, I would not like my future self.
  • shakeitoffbxch
    shakeitoffbxch Posts: 25 Member
    I hit 200 lbs. Nearly died when I saw the number- Some of my worst fears had finally come true, and it was only due to my poor choices. That and I realized it was too dangerous for me to be that heavy while riding a dirt-bike. :(

While I was working at a Dunkin' Donuts last summer, they gave me all the food/drinks I wanted for free-- This really made me go out of control-- 15 lbs in 3 months last summer, and I never stopped gaining. I had already lost alot of self esteem, self respect and self worth because of some past abusive relationships. Having such a large body compared to my friends only made it worse. I realized that if I did not turn this all around, I would continue to suffer with self-destruction, and my mental health would be even worse. Not a great way to be heading into Freshman year of College.... (now to fight off the Freshman 15...)
  • JmeJinxx
    JmeJinxx Posts: 210 Member
    Umm.. never being happy in my own skin and just thinking to myself one day "I gotta do this now, or it will never happen."

me, in a nutshell.
    I realized wishing I was smaller wasn't cutting it and had to be more proactive about my health.
  • iheartmarshall
    iheartmarshall Posts: 39 Member
    I've always been overweight but proportionate and overall liked the way I looked.... I knew I was chubby (size 18) but I was still confident. BUT THEN a month or so ago, I put on an old gym shirt from 8th grade that used to be super baggy on me (size L) that was now a bit snug. That was it... I knew I had to make a change. I plan to go from 235lbs down to 200, and then hopefully to 180... but my immediate goal is 200lbs.
  • foryoublue
    foryoublue Posts: 24
    Last year I fell into a deep depression and put on enough weight that my doctor became concerned. One of my blood tests came back as being pre-diabetic. At the same time, I was nearly busting out of my size 16s and after having been a steady 12/14 most of my adult life I refuse to go into an 18. It's time to not only get back to 12 but go past that and go all the way to healthy. :)
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    This:

5419116215_5ee2cc3ebc.jpg
    mecrop by AlmostFreeToBe, on Flickr

And this:

5419719778_2dd4dfe567.jpg
    Dec2008 by AlmostFreeToBe, on Flickr

Never again.
  • After I had my daughter,I realized I didn't want her to be like me with bad eating habits. I recently hurt myself and gained about 20 back that took me months to lose. I am tired of the beck and forths. Its time for me to take responsilbilty for my actions.
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Trying on a pair of size 16 jeans that I was sure would be WAY too big..........only to find they fit :grumble: :noway: :sad:
  • Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    I think a number of things, not just one point. An ex I was in a long term relationship would make fun of my gain - he once said 'you used to be the cute, chubby girl, but now you're just.. bleh.' I'm a photographer and shoot a lot of commercial stock, so I work alongside a lot of models, that definitely intimidated me. Aand, while out dress shopping one time I remember barely squeezing into a size 8 (American size) dress, and thinking to myself 'the next size up is double digits'.
  • markdlennon
    markdlennon Posts: 69 Member
    I was at a halloween party, with almost all of my friends.

Best friend brings over an Army buddy, that I've never met before. I'll be honest and say I didn't care for his personality from the get-go.

Said Army buddy gets druuunk, (and so were most of the people at the party).

Same guy says something, I honestly don't remember what was said, or how it was phrased...but I was called a whale. My friends laughed, and here I am.
  • FittingIn
    FittingIn Posts: 162 Member
    Looked at pics taken of me at the American cemetery at Normady, France. I wondered, who is the fat guy? Is my gut really that huge?

Yes, it WAS!
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    - None of my clothing fit.
    - Checked my BMI and I was almost morbidly obese. (BMI is crap, but still...)

I was always pretty active, biking and walking, so I never felt like I was unhealthy. I lost weight to look better and so people would be nicer.