If you had $1000 to spend on fitness, what would you do?

Options

Replies

• rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522
    Options
    Buy an elliptical or an arc trainer so I wouldn't have to go to the gym anymore.
  • RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I hate to say it, but I totally spent this amount and then some this year and last year on fitness! I bought a roadbike and the accessories last year and this year I have entered four races and bought a cheap wetsuit and a nice trisuit.

If I had that kind of money right now and I could just blow it, I would get a fancier wetsuit, new googles and running shoes, running shirt and shorts and a pair of good compression socks. Oh, and I would get new peddles and bike shoes. As the guy at the bike shop warned me last year: triathlon is not a cheap sport!
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    I spend $1K a year on my yoga studio membership (gym membership is covered by work). Yoga classes are a million times better than doing yoga at home.
  • malgosia66
    malgosia66 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi. CONGRATS on your weightloss. I would get the zumba for your Wii & a pilatis machine. Also a good support bra . Good luck & best wishes. M 3
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I would totally get the beach body work outs! Jealous...do you want to order them for me and mail them to me? I mean if you truly can't figure out how to spend 1k.....
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I'd buy all the Jillian Michaels DVDs, other DVDs like P90X and Insanity (they're on the pricier side), more workout shorts and sports bras, a new pair of running shoes, a really good heart rate monitor, a pull up bar, and weights of various sizes.
    All sounds great to me, except I have those already, including a BowFlex :laugh:

If I had $1000, I'd buy a TreadClimber. I've always wanted one, but couldn't justify the money...
  • xyril
    xyril Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'd by an elliptical trainer....and a spinning bike. Takes care of both upper and lower body without having to leave home.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Power cage and more weight plates. A couple of pairs of running shoes. Entry fees into several races. That would probably cover it.
  • AmyBecky74
    AmyBecky74 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    A spin bike. When I had to give up my gym membership it is the spin classes I miss the most.
  • salemnye
    salemnye Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Does it cover signing up for races? Those keep me motivated to work out. I know marathons are in the fallish season and 5ks+ are litterd throughout the year :)

Maybe invest in some yoga stuff?
  • SpazzyMal
    SpazzyMal Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I would buy a nice bike. Any money left after that would probably be spent on some weights.
  • manhn1
    manhn1 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    For yourself, do you ski? Maybe a ski pass for the upcoming winter season? It seems that you're already set up, so maybe be a splurgey but still within the "active/physical" range.

For myself, I would use the money for good running shoes, a new bike, a drop-in pass to my community centre (I have a privately owned gym membership, but I will go to the community centre for certain aerobic classes), and a drop-in pass to a zumba place in Seattle that I frequent when I go down to the US (live in Vancouver, CA). If I have money left over, I don't know if a new MP3 Player would fit (I use it for my runs!).
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    This is a real no brainer IMO! You have the barbell, you have weight plates. You need a rack!

Power rack/cage is a must, even a basic squat rack. If you have any spare cash get some bumper plates.

The other option would be to get a gym membership and sell all your existing gear for a little profit on the side :tongue:
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I'd choose an elliptical....

But maybe you could buy great new workout clothes? Free weights? Or maybe even some cooking/kitchen stuff?
  • kale_powered
    kale_powered Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    For me, I'd buy more workout clothes (I am lacking in those), some fancy health foods I wouldn't normally buy, a few sessions with a personal trainer just to make sure I'm using the correct form and see what I should be working on in order to get where I want to be, a nice commuter bike so I can mostly ditch my car, barbells, and perhaps take a few classes at the university gym when I go back to school in September. I doubt that helps you much, but it's what I'd do. :)
  • skyan
    skyan Posts: 12
    Options
    I would get a good bike (an actual bike, so I can hit the road! Save some money on gas!), some GOOD shoes to work out with, ankle/arm weights. The rest would probably be spent on healthy foods.
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Buy 9 pairs of running shoes.
  • skinnyismyugw
    Options
    buy a year-long gym membership for myself...and the same for my gym girlfriends so we can work out and motivate each other!
  • xxcandywrathxx
    xxcandywrathxx Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    -New sports shoes
    -New sports bra
    -Yoga mat
    -Exercise ball thing
    -Wrist and ankle weights
    -New leggings and pants
    -The insanity workout plan.

:)
  • niknokd
    niknokd Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'd probably get the insanity dvds and maybe the brazil butt lift dvds too. I'd also buy cuter workout clothes and a membership for group fitness classes! I'm dying to try body pump and body combat.