Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Yes. What I want has changed.
  • ekusma
    ekusma Posts: 1
    Options
    Personally I never ate breakfast, but not I eat a little something to start my metabolism. When I eat I defiantly look at what is in it. For example, I replace ingredients with healthier choices like replacing pizza dough with wheat pizza dough. If I don't replace ingredients, I eat the recommended portions and add other things to meals like fruits or vegetables. Because I am keeping myself strict, I am now used to not stopping at fast food restaurants and not picking up cookies at the grocery store. My advice would be to look at what your eating and experiment different, healthier options to replace ingredients. Or cut your meal in half and add fruits or vegetables. Based on you, calorie intake should be between 1500-2000 calories everyday. So it depends on what you are putting in your body and making sure that you add every food group to your diet.
  • mich1760
    mich1760 Posts: 34
    Options
    Yes I eat what I want, but I don't want to eat the same things I did before. Now I want to eat all sorts of vegies and fruit and lean protein. I don't call food a treat. its just semantics but it works for me. I plan my meals and snacks for each day. If I decide to have ice cream, i work it into the plan.
  • fattofit20
    fattofit20 Posts: 86
    Options
    I eat whatever I want within my goal. I even *gasp* go over from time to time.

This ^^^^^
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I eat no fast food anymore. Don't even crave it. If I buy my kid something I may steal a fry every now and then but that's it. I don't even eat things from a box anymore. 6 months without all this and very happy without it
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I have a difficult time eating what I want (pasta, pizza, potatoes, chips, salsa, etc...) with any sort of moderation. I'd rather crush 7500 calories once every few weeks while eating what I want and how much I want, than eating 2 oz of pasta or 1 slice of pizza.
  • atoffan
    atoffan Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Pretty much. I eat anything I want, but in moderation. And I plan for it. If I want ice cream, I leave room for ice cream. But I try to control portions.

Fast food is the one thing I don't really do anymore. I haven't had McDonalds in about 7 months. Otherwise, I still have some chocolate almost every day.... I have a sweet tooth. But still eating what you want makes it feel more tolerable. Like you aren't really sacrificing that much.
  • yallcallmedeb
    Options
    This is a lifestyle change, not a diet. I do eat whatever I want although I try to make healthy choices. I am not going to give up pizza for the rest of my life but I can get my pizza fix with 1-1.5 slices and love to have lots of veggies on my pizza and always have a large salad to go with it. As for fast food, the only place that I would eat fast food prior to joining MFP and cleaning my eating was Taco Bell. I've only been there once since starting and I did order heavy since I was MAJORLY short on calories that day. I felt like CRAP for the next 3 days. I might occasionally indulge my family and agree to Taco Bell but I won't miss it if I don't. If I want Mexican food, we have a great local place that has good, high quality food and I can indulge in that instead!

One thing that I have learned is to check out calorie contents on menus (here in NY, chain restaurants must provide nutritional data on menu and/or a lot can be found online including on MFP). I have learned that, in the past, I would often make a "healthier" choice and have since learned that what I REALLY wanted was actually significantly less in calories! Also, if your dinner is being served on a platter (what's up with that????), you shouldn't be eating it all! I will often order a 1,500 calorie dinner when we go out but I eat 1/3 and take home 2/3. I'm happy. (I have learned that I am not happy ordering a light meal and eating it all, being satisfied but certainly not full, and not having anything leftover for lunch the next day!)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    try and stop me.
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    absolutely
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I haven't been here a month yet and with as much weight as I have to lose I will be considering myself a newbie for a while.

I am eating what I want at the stage. Now does that mean I continued to eat like I was before starting this journey? No. I added fresh fruits, veggies, lean meats, and making healthier food choices. What it does mean is if I have the calories and really want something I eat it. I have found that if I do it keeps me from going more off course later and in a much larger way.

As I said I have a long journey and I am working on changing my lifestyle and eating patterns. In the past I have tired to do it all and once and for me it just doesn't work that way. I become overwhelmed and go back to my old ways. I am doing better this time around.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Yes. I rarely have fast food, though. Only because I don't enjoy it so it isn't worth the calories to me. I will have pizza occasionally, but that's one of those foods I have trouble controlling myself with.
  • bicoastalgirl
    bicoastalgirl Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do. I was always a pretty healthy eater, I just struggled with portion control. Now that i am at my goal weight, I am just trying to get a little more toned. But yes, sometimes we are out and about and we get fast food (sometimes i get a salad, sometimes i get a chicken sandwich). We eat pizza on Friday nights, and almost always have. I just allocate my calories for it, and I don't eat as much of it as I used to!
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Yep. If I feel deprived every step of the way I won't have much incentive to stick with it in the long run, right?
  • vcorbin01
    vcorbin01 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I do but after making healthier choices for so long, the greasy things I once loved no longer taste appealing! Like today went out to eat with the boss man and had bubbly mac n cheese and now I feel like crap :(
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Yes, totally.. I try and stay away from too much processed foods..and when hubby's off its what I want to eat..cravings here I come and I'm still getting the results I want..

Scale be damned! The appearance is what counts..inches, clothing size, etc!
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Initially when I was really pushing thru to get to my goal...I would say the 1st yr...NO NO NO...I was really wanted this so bad that it was not an option to eat those thing that got me here..... I now add possibly once a week some things like wings, a beer, some sore of snack.....because for me its a lifestyle and I have to think realistically....I can discipline myself around those foods.....the old me would go there on a daily... To get Results you can eat what you want just make the correct choices!
  • Jessamine
    Jessamine Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want. I don't eat as much as I want.
  • krystyleee
    krystyleee Posts: 219
    Options
    :blushing: In moderation, and I have a cheat day. I usually use Holidays or family cookouts as my cheat days. Not quite once a week. Maybe once every two weeks. And I don't log that day lol.
  • jolinemariem
    jolinemariem Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    i dont deprive myself of anything i just find a way to work it all in
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!