Do you log when you binge?

Options

Replies

• lkplibra
    lkplibra Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    If you can't stand the thought of loging each food item, there is a quick add function where you can add a block of calories "Quick Add 5000 Calories". This might help you keep track and remind you next month why your weight loss was slow. For me, if I atleast understand why I am not loosing as fast as I want to it keeps me from giving up.
  • TheNewo
    TheNewo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    usually I do log it. Log of shame, lol!
  • SueD66
    SueD66 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    should but i don't
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I usually log it. I figure I might as well take the blame for the splurge and move on from it.
  • GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I've been doing good and haven't binged, but if I did binge, I would log it. Mostly for motivation. For me, binging is "okay" because I don't see how much damage I'm doing. So if I log everything I eat when I binge and see the resulting calorie count, I think it will help. That said, if you log everything when you binge and it just makes you feel worse (like my husband) and will keep you off track instead of helping you back on track, you shouldn't log it.
  • NaptasticDiva
    Options
    Ha! Nope...I fell off last Tuesday, and I did not log it. I started off good with the meal 1, 2, and 3...but I fell off after 3 and did not log it. So if you look at that day it looks like I ate only 500 calories when it was really probably about 2500. (I had a lot of tamales)
  • Lesley2901
    Lesley2901 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    honestly I don't log it, but it should be logged for shame

^This^
  • lori__lynn
    lori__lynn Posts: 59
    Options
    hell to the no :)
  • chocciechip
    chocciechip Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    yes i do - that way it makes me really think about what I'm putting in to my mouth and body. and if you look back after a binge it helps you to not do it again, or in my case i looked at things before I at them, then figured if the calories and fat were really worth it.

I try and log everything, so do that for a night out as well - it's shocking how quickly and how high it all adds up!
  • CrisN99
    CrisN99 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Yep. If you do the crime, do the time.

Don't sweep it under the rug. Log it, and look it right in the face. This helps me from repeating the mistake too often.
  • beccas27
    beccas27 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do! I like to look at my past diary ALL the time to see what's going on
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Yes, in fact I created my own special food item just for my glorious binges.
    "Free Day - Bobby Clerici - Big Time Pig Time"

This saves me effort, so I get back to more binging - LOVE IT :drinker:
  • cgsr
    cgsr Posts: 113
    Options
    Yes... I haven't binged in a long time but used to quite frequently and I think it was something that I needed to see. In fact, here you go... probably the worst time of my eating life. I'd hit goal, yet was still attempting 1500 a day, plus running 10K every other day, plus weight lifting and a very stressful job which lead to these three weeks:
    13cca2e5.jpg
    d1384f0c.jpg
    13cca2e5.jpg

It still shocks me to see those stats now and it's something I work hard at not repeating, so for me, logging every morsel on a binge has been an invaluable tool to beating it.

This is the whole purpose of logging food anyway...not so people can view our diaries and give us "great days" but to use it as a tool to analyze why we are getting (or not) the results we are. Good luck
  • emmymae22
    emmymae22 Posts: 206
    Options
    I sure do. It helps me to face the reality of what I did to myself/what I used to do to myself aaallll the time.
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    I log when I binge, and I binge when I log! LOL You GO girl, just DO YOU!
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    umm, hell no. I take a nap.
  • happythermia
    happythermia Posts: 374
    Options
    I log it! even if only to remember the yummies LOL! or to remember "that was TOTALLY not worth it"

Log everything! it helps - even if you are eating like a maniac :-)
  • knittygirl52
    knittygirl52 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I have to confess that usually the answer is "no." But lately I've been trying to. I find that one of 2 things is true. Either (a) I wasn't as bad as I thought and I'm feeling terrible just because that's what I do to myself, or (b) I was way, way worse than my worst imaginings! It probably is helpful to do it to get it out of your system. I guess. I dunno!
  • tberend
    tberend Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    This just happened to me the other day. I logged everything in though & when I hit the complete this entry button & it told me how much i would weigh if i ate like that for five weeks, it was a real wake up call & made me want to get back on track....

That's a great idea. I would have probably not logged it, but this would really help me out.
  • epmck11
    epmck11 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    What's the point of counting calories if you're just going to binge and then not even track it? For it to be effective, you need to count all you're eating, not just when you're eating good.