Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How long are your average workouts?

Replies

• galaxiegal
    galaxiegal Posts: 90
    I use my Wii... Its too hot where I am to go outside and I cant afford a gym. I usually work out on EA Sports Active 2 (totally recommend to anyone with a Wii :happy: ) It has different exercises I do, from cardio to workouts with resistance bands to plain old pushups and situps and it keeps track of calories burned + heart rate. I do this for about 30 mins. 10-15 mins of lower body and 10-15 mins of cardio on one day and then 10-15 mins of upper body and 10-15 mins of core workouts the next. I occasionally mix up the week with dancing for an hour. so far I am 14 lbs down (month and 1/2)
  • galaxiegal
    galaxiegal Posts: 90
    Strength before cardio, you say? I shall try this!

From what I have experienced, he was right. After a bout of cardio the last thing I wanna do is strength training! So I always do that first.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Weights - Depending on what I'm doing - 40-60 mins.

Running - depending on how many miles - 25-50 mins.

HIIT - 15-20 mins.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member

HIIT - 15-20 mins.

Also - this is not all in one day.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,749 Member
    30 min. cardio. 3x a week I run (I have to get back into that) and the other two days I do the arc trainer. This is followed by 75 - 90 minutes of lifting, depending what I'm doing. Squat days are longer than the regular weight days.
  • kaydensmom12
    kaydensmom12 Posts: 338
    45min-1 hr 3x/wk

Do 35-45 minutes of weight lifting, and then 10-20 minutes of cardio.
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member

HIIT - 15-20 mins.

^^^^^This is a ditto for me. Alternating between a cardio/HIIT day and strength day for 6 days a week.
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    45 min bootcamp twice a week
    +
    1hr biking twice a week (go to and from the bootcamp classes)
    +
    1hr walking the dogs every day
  • I do cardio 5-7 days a week
    I do strength training 3-4 days a week
    Depends on how I feel 30-120 minutes a day

I love to exercise, but I listen to my body and take breaks when needed....everyone is different:)
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    1 to 1.5 hours... I alternate strength training days with running days but on the days I do strength training, I still add in some treadmill walking, plus my daily dog walk!
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    60-90 minutes. I usually lift for 20-30 minutes and do cardio for 45-60 minutes, 5-6x/week.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    AM: 1-3 hours depending on the workout, Run 3x per week, bike 2x
    PM: 45 minutes, strength training
    Evening: Yoga or Tai Chi, about 45 minutes 2-3x per week
    I work out 6-7 days a week.

That said - I am also in the middle of my race training cycle and don't do this year round, I only do doubles when race training. If not, it's about 45 minutes to 1 hour 5 days a week.
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Typically it goes

Tuesday 30-45 minutes cardio (stairs and/or ellyptical)

Wed 30-45 minutes cardio (same as above) and 1 hour body pump (full body weight class 5 minutes each body part)

Thursday 1 hour of spin and sometimes alittle stairs before or after too

Saturday 20-30 minutes of cardio (same as above) 1 hour of body pump and 1 hour of Zumba
  • Kayla4U
    Kayla4U Posts: 73
    How long ?

That all depends on him.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    60-120 minutes
    Either Swim, Bike, or Run
  • Discoveri
    Discoveri Posts: 435 Member
    Anywhere from an hour to two hours 5-6 days a week. I do different things everyday as I find that I get really bored really easy. Right now I am doing C25K, Boot camp and Racquetball. I do slow walks on rest days.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    40 minutes of lifting more or less
    20-30 minutes of cardio after

You should do strength training before cardio; you don't need to warm up beyond doing one set at say 50-75% of your max weight before your working weight. Cardio prior just fatigues you needlessly.

Agreed - you're just burning glycogen at the start of your workouts. http://www.shapeyou.com/old/weights_first.html

I do my strength training first, 20-40 minutes depending on how long I can be away at lunch, then 20-30 minutes of cardio.
  • wolfi622
    wolfi622 Posts: 206
    40 minutes of lifting more or less
    20-30 minutes of cardio after

You should do strength training before cardio; you don't need to warm up beyond doing one set at say 50-75% of your max weight before your working weight. Cardio prior just fatigues you needlessly.

This roughly what I do - though the cardio is almost always 30 minutes - I try to do a 5K every day, basically - or HIIT for 30 minutes.
  • mevalentina
    mevalentina Posts: 362 Member
    Cardio for at least 45 minutes, I lift for about 30, and do some kind of ab work...
  • LovelyLibra79
    LovelyLibra79 Posts: 569 Member
    60-90 mins 6 x weekly