Do you still eat what you want?

Options
14567810»

Replies

• EvieNieves
    EvieNieves Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    As I have started to get into shape I can no longer eat certain things the way I use to (and usually I don't want to). I went to the movies last week ordered popcorn and a coke - my tummy hurt the rest of the day.

Yes! Couldn't agree with you more. I don't crave food the way I used to.....that's a good change :)
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    bump to read tonight
  • swat1948
    swat1948 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I eat ice cream or frozen yogurt frequently. Found a natural frozen yogurt for 100 calories a half cup or eat a frozen yogurt bar for 110. Also my biggest new addiction is Special K cracker chips, 110 calories for 27. Sure beats that many real chips and keeps me on track.
  • mommymeesh
    mommymeesh Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want, but I'm finding that what I want has changed over the last few months since I started my weight loss plan. Initially I was eating more fast and processed foods, but staying within my caloric limits. Now I'm eating way better and more unprocessed foods and when I do have the occasional splurge I don't enjoy it as much as I used to. My tastes are definitely changing.
  • FuneralDiner
    FuneralDiner Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I still eat the food I love. Just a little less of it.

I don't like fast food, so I guess that helps. ;)
  • Gwenski
    Gwenski Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Yes. I rarely have fast food, though. Only because I don't enjoy it so it isn't worth the calories to me. I will have pizza occasionally, but that's one of those foods I have trouble controlling myself with.
    ^this
    I really like good pizza.. and I find that it's the only thing I really miss. We do have it maybe once a month.. I eat 2 small pieces and ask my hubby to hide any leftovers. I do eat subway within my calorie limit, fried chicken was never a problem and honestly don't like fast food burgers.. but I do make my own (no fries, we used to have chips with but I've given up potato chips
  • hothodgie
    hothodgie Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do. But in moderation and only on occasion. Would I lose more weight faster if I didn't? Maybe. Is it worth losing my mind? Definately not!!
  • AmyB69
    AmyB69 Posts: 117
    Options
    Definitely! I don't think I could have done it otherwise. I don't eat as much of those foods but I still eat them. I've incorporated a lot more healthy foods than I used to eat. It's worked well.
  • schustc
    schustc Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Yes all the time. 6 days a week I want to eat clean calories high in protein and fiber and one day a week I want junk food. In order to have long-term success we have to eat what we want or we will eventually fail.

^^ My Hero :)
  • asknancy
    asknancy Posts: 8
    Options
    I was just thinking this tonight. We can eat what we want but just be sure to track it. Our body does need good high quality nutrients - so if you slip in a few M & M's and count them....that is ok. Sounds like you are doing well. Keep it up.
  • DarthH8
    DarthH8 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Everything I eat is what I want to eat. Monday-Friday I have this insane urge to eat the best I possibly can. I keep a food scale and measuring utensils everywhere I go lol. Saturday and Sunday I don't really pay attention. I usually eat similar to my weekdays but then there are times I will kill several thousand calories in a sitting. Then again those are usually a direct result of like 5 hours of Mountain Biking but still. Just learn to enjoy good food it is not that hard... I swear what you eat is a habbit, stick with a routine long enough and your body and mind will make it happen, good or bad.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want, when I want it. For me, labeling things 'offlimits' makes me resentful and makes me tend to binge on things.

Funny part? A lot of the stuff I used to love and never thought I could live without (donuts and Mt Dew to start the list...) are just plain ick to me now. My tastes have definitely changed, but I still indulge in the things I REALLY love.

It all must work for me since I've been maintaining my weight for almost 2 years. :)
  • agriffitts85
    agriffitts85 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    i eat fairly healthy, but i still have fast food even though my stomach hates me the day after, i still enjoy chocolate and other goodies, just i eat a lot less of them then i used to. i figure if i am able to control my portions of the things i enjoy i will be able to manage losing weight and maintain it alot easier... i do admit i go over sometimes but most days im either right around or under my calorie intake, and im still losing so i figure im doing ok.....
  • Stardiva37
    Stardiva37 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    i do sometimes..i am eating better than i ever have before..but sometimes i have to have fried fish or chicken...mmmm..
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Yes I do! I eat at least 1 thing I want everyday.
  • jadedzen
    jadedzen Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    i make a point to still eat limited quantities of what i really want. i usually wait on a craving for a day or two to see if it will pass but if i don't ever eat the things i crave it leads to a binge.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. I just don't have 8 servings and I don't do it everyday. I eat lots of stuff now I don't want to where I didn't do that before. I eat veggies because I have to, not because i want to. That isn't going to change. No matter how long I do this I will not ever want a piece of lettuce before I piece of bacon. But now I have the lettuce everyday and the bacon once a week. It works out and I don't feel like I am living in a prison.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!