85 pounds and counting with a couple of pictures.

Options
NikkiSoFab
NikkiSoFab Posts: 30 Member
When I first started my journey in mid' March of this year(2012), I weighed 498 LBS. I had no idea that the mental part would be much more challenging than the physical part. It has definitely been some up's and downs for me,...crying, wanting to give up, thinking its not worth it because I wasn't getting results when I wanted them, which was instantly,... but through out it all, I have been working hard to not give up, and continuously striving to be healthier, and enjoy life. Here it is almost 4 months later, and I've dropped an overall 85 pounds... and 68 pounds since joining MFP... I'm very very very proud and pleased with my results. I still have a long road ahead of me, but I'm ready to attack it head on and meet my goal of 250. The success stories that I come across on here are so inspiring, and lets me know that I'm not alone on this journey, so thank you all so much for sharing, and keep up the great work...Whenever I am feeling discouraged, I chant to myself and say,... I want this, I have to do this, I can do this, I WILL do this! Don't give up guys, we are one another's encouragement... Feel free to send me a friend request and join me on this journey of ours... GOOD LUCK!
SIDEBYSIDEVIEW1.jpg

Replies

• Grimlock69
    Grimlock69 Posts: 197
    Options
    I'm proud of you, Nikki!!!! Keep going strong!
  • Nteeter
    Nteeter Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Nice Job! Big changes, really happy for you! Your right you are not alone on this.
  • helper3
    helper3 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Wow, what an encouragment! Thanks for sharing!
  • amusgrave
    amusgrave Posts: 79
    Options
    Ur a beautiful women, add me please!!
  • bridgeo74
    bridgeo74 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Awesome work!!!
    I am glad that this time you posted your pic with a nice smile that shows how proud you are of yourself!!
    Keep up the hard work and you will get to your goal in no time!!!
  • netra11
    netra11 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Your story is inspiring and your progress is also, Keep up the good WORK!
  • JMC529
    JMC529 Posts: 14
    Options
    You are doing GREAT! Keep up the AWESOME work!
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Keep it up! You WILL get healthy!
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    You are doing awesome, you should be so proud!! Keep it up!!
  • lvnspoonful
    lvnspoonful Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!! You are doing wonderful! Thank you for the inspiration!!!
  • Krizzo87
    Krizzo87 Posts: 14,186 Member
    Options
    Wow...awesome job! You are beautiful!! :smile:
  • DesireeDA
    DesireeDA Posts: 1
    Options
    How did you do this? Keep up the work girl, you look great!
  • jolarocknrolla
    jolarocknrolla Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Amazing job - impressive weightloss!!
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Great work, you can do this!
  • mdj1501
    mdj1501 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    So proud of you girl! You got this! Best of luck to you and feel free to add me for support!
  • colonial96
    colonial96 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Amazing job so far - keep up the great work!
  • DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    What a beautiful lady you are, Nikki - your smile in the 2nd picture is so genuine! You are absolutely ROCKING this and you have every right to feel proud of your accomplishment. You're right, the mental challenge is definitely the toughest - at least for me. Keep going - your story and your spirit are so motivating!

:flowerforyou:
  • Browneyedgirl140
    Browneyedgirl140 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep up the good work!
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    So inspiring...and you are working that dress!
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Wow, so inspiring!!!! Thanks for sharing! Keep it up and don't get discouraged. The new you is blooming! And the new way of life is a keeper (regardless of further progress). It is so true that the mental part is so much harder than the rest. Do you watch The Biggest Loser? I find it so eductaional and inspiring. I even got Netflix so that I could watch past seasons. LOVE IT! Almost always inspires me when I'm down. :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!