Heat Wave affecting exercise??

Options
124»

Replies

• tamtamzz
    tamtamzz Posts: 142
    Options
    I could never understand why people take excessive cold very seriously, but have a devil-may-care attitude when it comes to excessive heat. Both could kill you! Please be careful messing around with this heat!
  • airbent
    airbent Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I broke down and joined a gym this week because DANG. my regular walks were not happening in this heat and i was already getting bored with my DVDs.

(dvds are a good option though! loads of free exercising to be done on the internets.)
  • christamt
    christamt Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    No way. Its like 200 percent humidity here and i am not killing myself just to say i did it. I can do it when the heat has subsided a bit.
    I just can't believe the runners in this heat. Personally I think its silly. The heat wave wont last forever, but I do like the idea of swimming!! Thats a great way to get the exercise in.
  • crochetnut
    crochetnut Posts: 35
    Options
    I'm complaining a lot more about having to exercise in this heat......but I'm still doing it!!
  • marylynn85
    marylynn85 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Being a single mom with 3 kids I dont have the funds or the time for a gym membership. I wait till about 9pm or so and go to the walking track near my house. I have a total gym, a stationary bike and now a treadmill, so those help a lot on days I really dont want to go outside.
  • andym269
    andym269 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It's so sad but the heat is affecting my attendance to the gym. I went to the gym like a week ago when it was about 95 degrees out and I almost passed out because the air didn't seem to be circulating so now I'm hesitant to go even though I really want to go... I'm going to have to force myself to go :(
  • KSea77
    KSea77 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Its been so hot in DC I have not done anything.plus I was without power because o the storm. AC is doing nothing. I'm sweating. Just sitting here typing.
  • KStambulic
    KStambulic Posts: 131
    Options
    I don't have the funds to join an airconditioned gym and my uninsulated garage where I have my weights set up is very hot. I've been working out earlier in the morning or waiting until the sun goes down in the evening. The last two days I haven't done anything though because I have a migraine so bad it hurts to even move.