Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred

Options
2»

Replies

• Iimoorshiai
    Iimoorshiai Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Is this similar to the Extreme Shed & Shred? I am going to try and start this monday.
  • Morgan103084
    Options
    I've completed both her 30 Day shred and her Ripped in 30. loved them both, Ripped in 30 was my favorite. can definitely tell my endurance has gone up. by any means, it's not easy, although i'm not an athlete or anything, i made it through with flying colors. i haven't actually lost any weight. but i think it's due a lot to the depo provera shot. since i got that stupid thing I've hit a brick wall, but either way, i'm still truckin'!
  • jenniferillene
    jenniferillene Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Ive been doing it and have lost 56 pounds so far within 5 months. I stopped doing it for a little bit and did kickboxing or treadmill but I just recently went back to it and found it so much easier this time around. It does help and definatly helps with ur stamina and strength!
  • Movingonforbetter
    Options
    ok those doing the Shred, how to you log the 20 mins?? under what?
  • KaidaKantri
    KaidaKantri Posts: 401
    Options
    I would get it and try it, but unfortunately I can't do THAT Much activity or it will trigger a migraine. I have to keep my exercise light. :(

Really? I suffer with migraine and I have to say since I've been eating less & better, & exercising 4 days a week (30DS included, I'm on level 2, day 9) I haven't suffered with one migraine.

Funny how different things trigger it with different people. For me it's usually pre-menstral. As a fellow sufferer, I (literally) feel your pain. I hope you find something that works for you :flowerforyou:

Yep, it really sucks :( I also get them pre-menstrual and it starts half a week before my period, and lasts throughout my period. But every time I try and exercise and my heart rate goes up, it triggers a migraine. I do know where to stop which is awesome. I went hiking on Wednesday and on some of the harder hills I had to take a break cuz I felt my heart rate go up and a migraine start to come on. ONce my heart rate went down it went away though.
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    ok those doing the Shred, how to you log the 20 mins?? under what?

Circuit training. :) Under Cardio.... I use a HRM too, so I know exact amount, but you can use MFP stats if you don't have one.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 4 of level 3, I haven't lost any weight but I have lost 12 inches last time I measured, so... yeah --- totally works!
  • AnnyaSB
    AnnyaSB Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I did it right the way through in April/May and although I didn't lose many pounds (about 5) I did lose a total of 12.5 inches overall.

I now do Level 2 back-to-back with Level 3 (around an hour in total) twice a week along with No More Trouble Zones and some cardio too. I started off using large tins as weights but Ia m now on 4kg dumbells so it has definitely improved bothmy strength and my stamina. Stick with it - I would say Level 2 is the hardest - and keep on keeping...... you will be delighted with the results :happy:

Oh, and make sure you stretch more than JM does - I do a short Pilates DVD after my hour long sessions.... it really helps with the muscle soreness and keeps you more flexible.

Good luck!
  • wallj135
    wallj135 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've done 7 days of the 30 day shred so far and I'm loving it! The exercises do start getting a bit boring after doing the same thing every day but I can already see the difference. I haven't weighed or measured myself yet (doing that at the end of the 30 days) but my stomach feels flatter and more toned and my waist feel a little smaller. And I am improving on the weight training each day. I'm definitely going to complete the 30 days and thinking about doing Ripped in 30 next :)
  • nwebb822_cancel
    nwebb822_cancel Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 7 and loving it. It kicks my butt, but in a good way. Some people don't care for Jillian. If you are smart, you won't let that attitude get it your way because the workout IS effective. There are several 30 Day Shred groups. I would recommend jjoining one. Look for a group that has people who've done it before and who like to network/share. My first group was very boring, so I switched. You will need to decide a workout schedule. Some people go 30 days straight (10 days at each level). I've been dpoing it that way and I get more and more sore everyday. I found out today that some people go 2 days on, 1 day other cardio, repeat, and then take a rest day. I'm switching to this because I think it will work better for my fitness level (intermediate). I think I wouldn't have made it through 30 days straight--it's effective for a reason, it is tough. Also, keep in mind that not everyone experiences a big weight loss. But EVERYONE reports lost inches and increased strength. Good luck to you. Hope you enjoy it! :)
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    I did it right the way through in April/May and although I didn't lose many pounds (about 5) I did lose a total of 12.5 inches overall.

I now do Level 2 back-to-back with Level 3 (around an hour in total) twice a week along with No More Trouble Zones and some cardio too. I started off using large tins as weights but Ia m now on 4kg dumbells so it has definitely improved bothmy strength and my stamina. Stick with it - I would say Level 2 is the hardest - and keep on keeping...... you will be delighted with the results :happy:

Oh, and make sure you stretch more than JM does - I do a short Pilates DVD after my hour long sessions.... it really helps with the muscle soreness and keeps you more flexible.

Good luck!

Thanks for this info! I'm still on level one, but I notice there is not really any cool down. I find myself doing other stuff just to cool down after she finishes her half a second cool down routine! lol I've also always heard level 2 is the hardest! ... Kinda scared! But ready!
  • serentity78
    serentity78 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Today I finished day 9 level 2. I have lost 5 pounds so far and not sure on inches yet but my clothes are looser and I know its most likely from inches. I can see more definition in my abdominal area. I was VERY out of shape when I started so kinda feel if I can do it anyone can! LOL By day 3 I had thought of quitting! LOL I like JM though some don't but I do...when its over plan to do another video of hers and maybe get the revolution set. NOW my eating is a work in progress so if that were better think I maybe would have more weight loss.
  • mzjennx
    mzjennx Posts: 3
    Options
    Hello. Before the 30 day shred I use to go gym 3-4x a week. I had a trainer spent a lot of money, then I got hurt. Non-gym related arm and back injury. I just started working out again, but wanted to stop spending money at the gym so I started doing the 30 day shred. I am on level 1, day 6. So far so good. It beats going to the gym. 30 minute circuit working out of cardio strength and abs. I mix my work out with walking, swimming and hiking. So I am not really doing this every day. Like 2-3x a week. It does make you sweat and sometimes makes you hurt. So hopefully by the end of the month I see some results. So far I like it. I feel stronger, feels like im doing a way better workout than I do when I was going to the gym so I plan to stick with it.
  • syrevitch
    syrevitch Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    what I love about 30 DS is its shortness.20 minutes- and you are done!