Non-scale Victory stories!

Options
2»

Replies

• johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    1) My wedding band is loose
    2) When I shower :blushing: I can almost hug myself and wash past my armpits much easier
    3) I CAN bend down to tie my shoes; and I'm not out of breath when I stand back-up.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    NONE of my bras fit. (I was a 36D, now probably a 34C or B?) I'm THRILLED.
  • karenlouisep
    Options
    my 1st nsv is when my OH said he could see my c section scars, when i was flat on my back in bed, 1st time in over 2 yrs (too much belly flab hangng over them)

more obvious to me is having to tighten the belt up to keep my jeans up...lower sized jeans needed soon

same as above poster, all bras are now uncomfy, but reluctant to replace them yet as hoping to lose more and it will get expensive
  • sblanclpn
    sblanclpn Posts: 7
    Options
    Another: I was super excited the other day when my sister and I were out shopping. I noticed in a local shopping complex they had just added the store Torrid. Torrid is a store that carries very cute plus sized clothing that I have always loved. I said, "Oh, look! They have opened a Torrid nearby us!" My sister quickly reminded me, "Sarah, you can't fit into any of those clothes anymore." What a shock to my system! I am having a hard time seeing myself as smaller until my pants literally fall off or someone says something!
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Another: I was super excited the other day when my sister and I were out shopping. I noticed in a local shopping complex they had just added the store Torrid. Torrid is a store that carries very cute plus sized clothing that I have always loved. I said, "Oh, look! They have opened a Torrid nearby us!" My sister quickly reminded me, "Sarah, you can't fit into any of those clothes anymore." What a shock to my system! I am having a hard time seeing myself as smaller until my pants literally fall off or someone says something!

Reminds me of a while back when I got the Christmas bonus and hubby said i could spend it all on new clothes. I took myself shopping and without thinking wound up in the plus size section. Helpful salesgirl asked me if I was shopping for a friend. I said No, shopping for me. She looked me up and down and took my arm and said "Hun, you are totally in the wrong area, you need to be over here." She led me to the correct area and started helping me get the right size. I did not even know I was in a 10 bordering on 8. That had to be one of the higher points of my life....so far.
  • emilysuelemus
    emilysuelemus Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I put on a summer dress today that at this time last year was very tight...now it hangs on me but looks right!! 45# since Dec 1 2011....starting to see a fiqure to emerge too!!
  • toogsmom
    toogsmom Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    3.5 months ago couldnt run more than a minute straight! July 5 finished my first 10k!
  • JennyLisT
    JennyLisT Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound strange, but I can fit my big butt into chairs that I previously could not sit in. I'm taking joy in chairs. Right now, no one loves chairs more than I do.
  • cmm7303
    cmm7303 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    In June/July:

* I bought dresses and pants in the smallest size I've worn since high school.
    * I was able to pull on my husband's shorts and go biking in them.
    * I can now do diagonal pike sit-ups and long-lever crunches, and touch my fingers to my toes.
    * I bought my first bikini top, and my first running skirts.
    * I fit back into my husband's favorite green dress from 2 years ago
    * I bought my first dress shorter than knee-length
    * I bought clothes in the "normal" part of a store.
  • blackgold86
    blackgold86 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I can open my kitchen drawers without assistance. My wrists were THAT weak when I moved here that I couldnt open the tricky handle.. After two months of gym three times a week, it has made all the difference!
  • jennaryan1205
    jennaryan1205 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Tighter belt hole!! I was off work for 9 days and when i put on my uniform my first night I had to use a tighter notch. Great feeling!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!