I'm a horrible person!

Options
Today I was at the store and this woman who was tall and thin to begin with had on 8 inch heels. With her heels on she looked like she was 6'8 and she only weighed about 100 pounds. I really felt like pushing her boney butt over and laughing because my center of gravity is lower. Part of me knows it was jealousy because she is tall and thin (which I will never be. I'm only 5'1) and a part of me knew it was because it would be hilarious to tip over a woman who looked like a praying mantis.

I know I am horrible and going straight to hell. Anyone else have moments where you think you suck as a person?

Replies

• IAMDDAY
    IAMDDAY Posts: 771
    Options
    thinking i suck as a person is a bit much but i have had those thoughts
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options

I know I am horrible and going straight to hell. Anyone else have moments where you think you suck as a person?

YES! All the time.
  • dhiannon
    dhiannon Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Honestly I think we ALL look at strangers and feel the same way sometimes.
    The fact that you feel remorse for even thinking it means you're not a horrible person at all, quite the opposite.

Remember they are only thoughts, actions on the other hand.. well thats a whole different story :)
  • sofitheteacup
    sofitheteacup Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Maybe a little bit. But as long as you don't actually push Praying Mantis Lady over a cliff (or off her shoes, whichever), it's negligible.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    the fact that though tempted you did not yield to that temptation does actually speak for you in this matter. We all have temptations... As long as we neither act upon those temptations nor dwell upon them... As long as we resist them, that actually speaks well of us as individuals.
  • b1delane
    b1delane Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    HAHAHA...Praying Mantis!
  • Halfangel
    Halfangel Posts: 49
    Options
    Aw, you're not horrible. And hey, I'm short too. 5'1 1/2 and I just tell people I have condensed flavor.
  • denisebme
    denisebme Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, if I ever said out loud what I think in my head some days, I'd be going straight to.......
    My mind is much more evil than I would ever be.
  • kathym59
    kathym59 Posts: 51
    Options
    You're not horrible, just normal. She'll probably break her ankle with heels like that
  • peles_fire
    peles_fire Posts: 501
    Options
    Yup, you are going to hell, get on the bus next to Scorsese and Denis Leary. Save a seat for me. I love to push tall skinny women over! lol!
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    HAHAHA...Praying Mantis!

I wonder what sort of outrage there would be on here if a bunch of tall skinny folk were laughing about the fat girl in heels
    "I wanted to push Hippo off the cliff'
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    You're not horrible. In my case I would really push her down
  • george29223
    george29223 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    lol iam tall and i picture short women with coasters on the the top of there heads loll we all think stuff
  • Blaqheart
    Blaqheart Posts: 235
    Options
    No you're not a horrible person for thinking that. We can't control our thoughts, but we can control our actions. You didn't do it so there's nothing wrong.
  • Dreamerryu27
    Dreamerryu27 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Your human not horrible. My motto is Admire and Aspire. I look at beautiful people and admire what I like most about them and then aspire, by working my butt off to acheive it!
  • twiztc
    twiztc Posts: 135
    Options
    I must be horrible too coz I laughed my *kitten* off reading that!!!

I look at these stick people and think

"get a few Mcdonald's or KFC's into you woman!!"

And isnt it funny when you see a couple and one is short and fat and the other is skinny with ice on there head from the altitude??
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Yes, you controlled yourself....could have been much worse...remember the movie "The Happening"? :noway:
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    lol iam tall and i picture short women with coasters on the the top of there heads loll we all think stuff

:laugh: I knew that's what tall people were thinking about all this time!
  • HWeatherholt
    HWeatherholt Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I would have wanted to push her over and take her shoes. But I have a thing for shoes.
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    No you're not a horrible person for thinking that. We can't control our thoughts, but we can control our actions. You didn't do it so there's nothing wrong.

We can control our thoughts. If you think "I don't like that person because they are black/fat/skinny/ginger" then there IS something wrong and something needs to be done about those thoughts!