Really bugs me when...

Options

Replies

• b1delane
    b1delane Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    When people go to a fast food joint get the higest calorie meal and then order a diet coke....REALLY...I'm just saying though!
  • seventwenty
    seventwenty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    TL;DR version: OP complains. A lot.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    When people go to a fast food joint get the higest calorie meal and then order a diet coke....REALLY...I'm just saying though!
    It irritates me more when it is a low calorie meal and a diet soda because diet soda is actually shown to cause more weight gain than regular soda because it is more difficult to process, from what I've read in nutrition, of course.
  • quixoteQ
    quixoteQ Posts: 484
    Options
    Im-on-a-Horse-e1298361267162.jpg

Nice.

And by nice, I mean, nice.

Here, in case any one missed this picture the first three times.

lmao.

It was for emphasis.
  • FuneralDiner
    FuneralDiner Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    ... people's diary's are more than 1/2 fast food. An occasional meal here and there, or maybe even one a day if there's some reason you can't bring your own or whatever for work. But, I don't get how people can eat the stuff day in and day out and expect to become healthier.
    This irritates me too actually. Most food diaries I look at contain fast food at least once. Now, the occasional take-away or trip to a fast food joint is fine. But when it's every week and you've racked up over a 1,000 calories in one meal, um... HELLO!?!?
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    ... people have profile pictures of just cleavage, or just their butt. I can appreciate a full body pic in your underwear or bikini or whatever, showing off your progress or whatever. But seriously, I'm pretty sure you haven't been working out your boobs in the gym. I get the whole "lets flirt and have fun" and yes, agree! BUT, there's the occasional picture that I'm certainly glad my son didn't happen to walk by and see.

But... But... What about boobie Friday??? :cry:
  • BVannillie
    BVannillie Posts: 140
    Options
    I agree with some of these, though I wouldn't have started a post about it personally.

That being said, if I decide I want a burger or something, and it's within my daily limit, I don't see how that's anyone's business but my own. I don't actually like burgers, but you get my point. I don't expect everyone on here to follow my strict diet, and I don't expect people to tell me what I can and cannot eat. I don't see why people eat bread, it's full of chemicals and crap, but I don't think it's within my right to tell people they have no right to be eating it. Live and let live. Don't be a douche. Etc, etc.
  • FuneralDiner
    FuneralDiner Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I don't see why people eat bread, it's full of chemicals and crap,
    'Quick bread' is full of chemicals, but most bread is fine to eat. Especially if it's home-made or from a bakery. >.>
  • linochka1969
    linochka1969 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Agreed with single point you had made!
  • AllTehBeers
    Options
    A woman posts a genuine concern and is looking for advice on her lady parts or how the hormones are working and MEN START RESPONDING TO THE TOPIC. C'mon guys, until you walk a mile in their shoes..

I just want to say a womans body is just science. If its another woman asking if its normal to gain 10 pounds right before TOM, then I think pretty much everyone can answer that. If she's asking about other women who have a personal experience to share, then I understand but there are so many general questions about regular physiology that pretty much anyone can answer. How many women have male gynocologists. Js
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    WHEW!
    Life is sure tough when you knit-pick.....
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    ** when someone lists in their profile they are looking for friends, just friends to talk about fitness and nutrition, and then go on to say unless you are married or old.

WTF? married people don't have a desire to get healthy? And 'old' means you don't know about fitness? Sounds more like the person in the profile is looking for young single friends and is also looking for more than just fitness advice

** the over-use of "I'm just saying", as a dismissive way to say your own comment means nothing to you and should mean even less to those who read it.
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    WHEW!
    Life is sure tough when you knit-pick.....

LOL
    Yep!
    And, similar to one of my favorites (although not implying it towards you) -
    Life is tough.
    Life is tougher when you're stupid.
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    It drives me nuts when people hoard friends, talk about themselves all the time and then never comment on anyone else's stuff. Its "all about them"...I said it before and I will say it again " I support my friends every single day but I'm not your Momma and the only gratification I need is to see you succeed without asking anything in return". If you take and take, you can just take that friend request back and go boost your own ego.

OR they try selling stuff....

OR they dont take the time to fill out their profiles or send a message with friend requests

OR when people use this website for dating. Save it for eharmony. Also, if someone is married...stop throwing yourself at them. Have some dignity.

If you ask for advice, dont get PO'd when I don't tell you exactly what you want to hear

I could go on and on...haha
  • charanne52
    charanne52 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    *like* and may I just add use the word "loose" for "lose". Makes we want to scream every time. Whew, I feel better too!

That's my pet peeve also. I realize that grammar may not be everyone's best subject but surely everyone has heard of "The Biggest Looser".
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    MFP actually encourage members to post topics even if they have been covered. It's in the forum guidelines.

I'm assuming this applies to people with real issues or debate points as opposed to the more popular ' rate the poster above'/ ' how do you take a number 2 at a public bathroom' type threads which are incredibly popular on MFP.

People's needs and questions are different and not necessarily applicable to the person who might have posted the same thing 6 months before.
  • Givingitagdgo
    Options

Lol, always feel like people are thinking this about me but actually I hate the taste of full fat fizzy drinks!
  • nitepagan
    nitepagan Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I have no complaints or bugs. :smile:
  • Givingitagdgo
    Options
    ... people have profile pictures of just cleavage, or just their butt. I can appreciate a full body pic in your underwear or bikini or whatever, showing off your progress or whatever. But seriously, I'm pretty sure you haven't been working out your boobs in the gym. I get the whole "lets flirt and have fun" and yes, agree! BUT, there's the occasional picture that I'm certainly glad my son didn't happen to walk by and see.

But... But... What about boobie Friday??? :cry:

lol, bless :laugh:
  • AllTehBeers
    Options

Lol, always feel like people are thinking this about me but actually I hate the taste of full fat fizzy drinks!

This. Why do people assume I drink diet coke to save calories? I just LIKE diet coke and do not like regular soda. Simple. So yes, I will buy a super size big mac meal with a diet coke.