Who has pets?

Options

Replies

• delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    I have 2 cats! 'Charlie' is 17 pounds and is a PITA... he's a year old and is very jealous of my new baby...he's peed in the carseat twice... I told him "one more time...if you pee or poop anywhere that's not your litter box and you're going outside"
    Then there's 'Lucy'...she's a sweetheart, but she won't do anything without Charlie... I swear! I've never seen 2 cats eat/drink from the same bowl (at the same time) in my whole life, but she'll only eat if Charlie's eating... so weird!

When a cat pees somewhere other than his little box it can be a sign of a urinary tract infection. You should have him checked out by your vet before you toss him out.

More often than not, when a normally good kitty starts peeing somewhere he/she shouldn't, sumpin' ain't right. I believe this is typical behavior for a jealous kitty when a new "attention ho" comes on the scene. Make sure you don't ignore him. Give him extra attention whenever possible. Also, remember positive reinforcement is the only way to teach a kitty. Never yell or hit. That will just make the behavior worse. You need the guy from the show "My Cat From Hell" on the Animal Planet Channel. Maybe he has some tips on the website? http://animal.discovery.com/tv/my-cat-from-hell/
  • TinnedTuna
    TinnedTuna Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I have a cat called Poppy, he is about 6 years old and gets the hell pampered out of him by my 16 year old daughter.
    and a Miniature Schnauzer dog called Mollie, (profile pic) she is just over a year old and is the baby of the house, totally spoiled rotten, great to see the cat and dog getting along so well in the house. they are both totally adorable.
  • DemOniC_PT
    DemOniC_PT Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Two female cats, one with 11 years called Tita and another with 4 years called Nina.
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I have 2 house dogs
    1 yard dog
    1 fox dog
    3 coon dogs
    3 outside cats
    2 peacocks
    2 guineas
    1 male beta
    1 goat as of yesterday :laugh:
  • raverhayley
    raverhayley Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    i have a 18 month old staffordshire bull terrier and boxer mix, hes name is Bruiser. he is a complete nutcase, very excitable, but also very soppy and loving. he is awesome <3
  • KyliAnnHobson
    KyliAnnHobson Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    We have 3 dogs (Gracie - Australian Cattle dog mix, Ellie - Chocolate Lab mix, and Toby - Dachshund), a diabetic cat - Oliver, and a corn snake - Cornelius. We got Gracie from a no-kill shelter, Ellie and Toby were foster dogs we ended up adopting, and Oliver was a stray. I LOVE my babies! :happy:
  • wcalvert254
    wcalvert254 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Two Norwegian Elkhounds, Thor and Elka....brother and sister, four and one half years old
  • MinkyMoo13
    MinkyMoo13 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    These are my two.. Willow on the Left and Minty on the right

ee2f89d5.jpg

a58ee4a5.jpg

god dam big pictures!!
  • Jani2416
    Jani2416 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    2 cats, 1 betta fish, 2 guinea pigs...my kids pets that I take care of :ohwell:
  • MrsGriffin67
    MrsGriffin67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I have three wonderful cats, all rescues. My oldest (4 y/o) is Millie (short for Milagra, which is miracle in Spanish). She thinks she's human and absolutely loves yogurt. Next two are both a little over 2 y/o. Nya (meow in Japanese) she's a little scaredy cat and runs under the bed anytime people knock at the door. She LOVES to play fetch with her little foam balls (she must think she's a dog) and finally is Tabitha. Tabs weighs about 14 lbs and is just a lover. They are all indoor cats though I have tried leash training the oldest but she seems to be a Houdini with her harness so she doesn't get to go out much for that reason. They are all wonderful friends not only to me but to each other. Wouldn't trade them for the world. My kids tell me I love the cats more than I love them...they're right! LMAO!
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    We have a Lab/Pyr mix, 2 Schipperkees and 2 sister cats that turned 16 last month. All rescues :)
  • rpounds1957
    rpounds1957 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Here's our beautiful 3 1/2 year old black lab. He's a big boy - 110 pounds, but he's not overweight. He's just big.
    2748620790099726494S500x500Q85.jpg
  • PsiChi
    PsiChi Posts: 157
    Options
    I have 2 purebred labs, one white, one black. We also have 2 cats, one is siamese, and the other is a black fluffball that we found as a kitten in our backyard. :)
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I have a hamster named Henry. He's in my pic :). He is the cutest hamster ever! He is so friendly too :D
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    A Rottweiler named Angel and a DSH named Jasper.
  • nmb1983
    nmb1983 Posts: 34
    Options
    I have 2 cats! 'Charlie' is 17 pounds and is a PITA... he's a year old and is very jealous of my new baby...he's peed in the carseat twice... I told him "one more time...if you pee or poop anywhere that's not your litter box and you're going outside"
    Then there's 'Lucy'...she's a sweetheart, but she won't do anything without Charlie... I swear! I've never seen 2 cats eat/drink from the same bowl (at the same time) in my whole life, but she'll only eat if Charlie's eating... so weird!

When a cat pees somewhere other than his little box it can be a sign of a urinary tract infection. You should have him checked out by your vet before you toss him out.

More often than not, when a normally good kitty starts peeing somewhere he/she shouldn't, sumpin' ain't right. I believe this is typical behavior for a jealous kitty when a new "attention ho" comes on the scene. Make sure you don't ignore him. Give him extra attention whenever possible. Also, remember positive reinforcement is the only way to teach a kitty. Never yell or hit. That will just make the behavior worse. You need the guy from the show "My Cat From Hell" on the Animal Planet Channel. Maybe he has some tips on the website? http://animal.discovery.com/tv/my-cat-from-hell/

Ive been keeping my eye on him... its been a couple weeks now and he hasn't done anything since. And he only peer on the caraway and not any of the other baby stuff so I doing know if maybe the baby's diaper leaked and the cat was trying to cover up the smell?
  • lisaserrato22
    lisaserrato22 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have two cats, which i can never seem to find around because they are always sleeping in hidden places. Apparently they only come out to eat. I also have two small dogs who like to steal socks and hide them so i have lots of missing pairs :D
  • Megabot
    Megabot Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I *really* miss having pets. They bring so much joy and calming natures into one's life. My cat died right after my mom died. I've been back and forth across the country for the estate so I haven't been able to get a new pet and **I SO MISS THEM**
  • ifitkillsme
    Options
    Tuff - a border collie that is a best friend to my children, and my favorite walking partner.
    Stickers - a kitten we found under our semi and raised from 2 weeks old (I brought her in to die in piece and warmth... going on 5 years now!!)
    Lilac - a fluffy wimp of a cat, but patiently waits for the alarm to go off before she bugs me in the morning!
    A gerbil named Spice
    Then the 7 horse and the 400+ cattle, not really pets but they still provide enjoyment!
  • BVannillie
    BVannillie Posts: 140
    Options
    I have one cat now (my second died recently), her name is Misskin. She's 5, and she's very lovely and friendly.

IMG_0152.jpg

This is Gizmo. She was hit by a car two months ago - on my birthday! :( The family was devastated. She was only 4. She was incredibly silly, she climbed curtains, ran around, chased anything and everything. Ah, I can't do her personality justice by trying to explain. She was just hilarious and sweet and crazy. R.I.P.

IMG_0521.jpg

Miss you Gizmo <3