Is Sexercise a valid workout?

Options
124»

Replies

• katheharwood
    katheharwood Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I never log it but it is definitely a workout. The bf jokes that he will help me with my cardio anytime I want to :laugh:

So does my hubby...we don't log it, and consider it a bonus. :)
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Some very valid arguements for both sides here, let's face it most people are not logging it for the calorie burn it is more "I HAD SEX." Bow Chica Bow Wow
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    I'm curious to know what other people think, is it an unlogged bonus or do you regularly add it to your cardio goals for the day? Also how do you accurately log this as surely wearing a HRM is a bit off putting?
    :blushing:

No it's not. I mean, come on, are you only doing it to burn calories?

it depends... are you on top or on bottom. on top, you are clearly doing all the work... bahaha

now come on, you know you only do it for the calorie burn? why else would you? that's just nasty... hehe i kid. i do not count my calories burned even if we work up quite a sweat. i'm sure it would be a huge turn off to wear my HRM strapped to my chest while my husband and i are bumping uglies. lmao
  • CrysButcher3
    CrysButcher3 Posts: 322
    Options
    I'm kinda embarrassed to admit this.....
    But I wore my HRM when I had sex a few months back (to see really if I was burning anything) and well you realize that when your heart rate gets to a certain point you ARE burning calories. That *session* I actually burned 130 calories! Of course I was doing all the work (which I don't mind) and I got something out of it besides pleasure. I burned off my snack for the day!

Just saying....depends on how much you put into it. I like sex when it is intense and everyone is sweating. (hey...just being honest)

As you watch the calories adding up, 20, 30, 40 etc. be careful not send the wrong message by shouting "69! 69!"

:laugh: Swear to ya I never looked at the HRM until AFTER we were done. But would it be so bad to yell that? lol.....I wouldn't be burning as many calories though.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    if i was having sex, i would log it. i change positions a lot, and i don't just lie there.
    but i don't, so it doesn't matter.
  • Will_Lift_4_Shoes
    Will_Lift_4_Shoes Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Aerobics - Low Impact - 3 minutes :love:

Lmao! You must be married. Too funny.
  • subcult
    subcult Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I don't log it but it is definitely. Not one of my daily activities
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    200 calories......logged in as..."lite house cleaning"....:bigsmile:
  • gumigal82
    gumigal82 Posts: 350
    Options
    I'm curious to know what other people think, is it an unlogged bonus or do you regularly add it to your cardio goals for the day? Also how do you accurately log this as surely wearing a HRM is a bit off putting?
    :blushing:

Sex does not burn that many calories
    Consider it a bonus I guess. You would be only cheating yourself trying to count it

Depends on how much fun you're having when you're doing it! ;)
  • Jani2416
    Jani2416 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    It depends on the session of course. :wink:
  • FindingElise
    FindingElise Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    As a serial singleton even the thought of a little sexercise is enough to get my heart rate up!
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Log it with your Polar but do listen out for the beeps to make sure you are working "in the right zone"
  • sirabe
    sirabe Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I don't think sex is an exercise but it is one heck of a stress releiver
  • Sepheara
    Sepheara Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I'll admit.
    I wear my bodymedia fit armband all the time.
    I even sleep with it on to get my sleep calories.
    So by this point in time Yes, I have been wearing it when we have sex.
    The first time I thought it would be amusing to see how many calories i burned.
    I have to say my activity monitor DID spike, but not much. maybe 40 or 50 calories for
    about a 30 minute session. (bottom) and slightly more when I wore it when I was on top (50 or 60).
    So it DOES burn calories, but not more then taking a flight of stairs or something. I don't specifically log it
    but I also don't feel bad if I have a cup of iced tea or something afterwards.
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    No it's not. I mean, come on, are you only doing it to burn calories?

Honest answer? Sometimes yes
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    So, in other words, sex burns about as many calories as yoga or pilates. Which are in the system.

I guess I probably wouldn't log yoga or Pilates either,
    Again, why not consider it a nice bonus. Strive to be more active in general rather than adding every little bit of activity to your diary.
    This exactly. I love pilates, and it's pretty tough on your core and stuff, but it just doesn't burn many calories. It's more about building your core than actually burning calories ...

Basically sex is the same way. Even at best you're generally not burning more than 100 calories. I don't find anything less than 300 calories worth logging, personally. It's more pay off.

Shag and then treat yourself to a banana afterward. Or some nuts.
  • DaSavedSinner
    DaSavedSinner Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    If I used sex as exercise I think my wife would kill me....She gets sore already and I have to be careful, So I cannot imagine trying to make it into a workout. I'll give credit though it would be a great workout plan if it was worth logging....or at least an excuse for some "extra Innings"