Replies

• stenochick0417
    stenochick0417 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    "So sad compartively speaking . . .

2.5 miles
    around 7-8mph
    20 minutes"

No it's not! Everyone has to start somewhere and doing a little is a lot better than doing nothing at all! I only started riding a year ago in February and I only started out doing 5 or so miles. :) Once I got stronger, it became a full-blown addiction.
  • stenochick0417
    Options
    Been cycling about 2 months. Best thing I have done fitness wise. Doing 25 to 30 miles on Saturdays and 12 to 15 on Tuesdays. Still going to gym too but the riding is the best part. I would like to see more people take it up.

I loathe going to the gym. I'd really just rather ride my bike until my legs fall off. :)
  • stenochick0417
    Options
    27.6 miles today, it was AWESOME

And the Odometer on my new bike now shows 100 miles ;)

exercise.png

Nice job!
  • DryHeet
    DryHeet Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Sunday, July 8, 2012. Weather conditions were very nice - cloud cover kept the temperature down and just some occansional light breezes.

Rode with my husband for 35.5 miles, in 2 hrs 13 minutes, average was 16 mph. I felt better than last Sunday (my last road ride) so I'm looking forward to next week!

Great to see new cyclists and returning cyclists here. We all have to start somewhere and this is a great way to burn calories!
    Susan
  • gonto1067
    gonto1067 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Today

16.6 miles
    1.49 hours
    Max speed - 27.9
    Avg speed - 9.1
    Calories burned - 1171

I'm sure most of you already use it but found an app today called Strava that tracks everything for you I find that really helpful.

Everyone keep up the good work!!
  • Gapwedge01
    Gapwedge01 Posts: 494
    Options
    Had to mow this afternoon so limited my ride this morning @ 6:30AM to just 70 minutes. 16 miles @ 14mph. Missed meeting my 100 mile per week goal mainly due to the weather. At my current weight I am not a very good hot weather rider. I hope to change that by this fall.
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I did 35.71 miles. Two stops to refill the water bottle. Average speed was 14.6, cadence goal was 80. Ride time was 2 hours, 27 minutes. My longest ride previously was just over 30. Calories burned per Polar FT40 = 1871.

I also got catcalled by a truck full of teenage boys and an old man at the gas station offered to "put a motor on that thing" as he pointed to my bike. (He had seen me riding into town about 10 miles north)

Unfortunately, I didn't handle the heat well. I got home and slept for about 45 minutes, then just lounged for quite a while, ate dinner alone about an hour after the family finished. But the burn today feels soooooo good...... :smile:
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Options
    So sad compartively speaking . . .

2.5 miles
    around 7-8mph
    20 minutes

When I started, that was a good ride for me, too! You did great!
  • AiimeeDee
    AiimeeDee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I still feel pretty new to this whole cycling thing. So here we are in month 2. I hope to see old faces and new. Let's get on those Bikes, whether you're just starting out (like me:blushing: ) or are an old (or young) pro! Feel free to track miles, minutes, speed, rpm, whatever will get you on your bike, and on this thread.:happy:

Count me in! :) I am completely addicted to spinning classes. Never paid that much attention to miles but I believe in 50-60 mins it's anywhere from 20 -22 miles. I do classes at least 3 times a week sometimes 4-5. I will set a goal of 90 miles a week. Now do I just come back here weekly and report or what? Good luck everyone!! :D
  • kepirus
    kepirus Posts: 79
    Options
    Too many responded to quote, but I wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone for your encouragement!!
    Reading your updates gives me hope! I read about RAGBRAI as a kid and have always wanted to do it, and I've always been more interested in cycling than running.
    Once I 'graduate' to outside riding, I'll need some help with the gears aspect of it too - I grew up in South Florida with NO hills, and now live in a VERY hilly place.

Tonight:
    30 minutes
    RPM {avg} 9-10!! I even got it up to 12.3 for a few seconds!!
    4.75 miles!!

Yay for improvement!
  • luvsunshine1
    luvsunshine1 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Sun July 1st - 75 min biking
    Weds Jul 4th - 45 min biking (Total 130min)
    Sat Jul 7th - 75 min biking (Total 205mim)
    Sun Jul 8th - 30min biking (total 235min)
  • discodaddy61
    discodaddy61 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    no ride today 07/08/2012
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Options
    Too many responded to quote, but I wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone for your encouragement!!
    Reading your updates gives me hope! I read about RAGBRAI as a kid and have always wanted to do it, and I've always been more interested in cycling than running.
    Once I 'graduate' to outside riding, I'll need some help with the gears aspect of it too - I grew up in South Florida with NO hills, and now live in a VERY hilly place.

Tonight:
    30 minutes
    RPM {avg} 9-10!! I even got it up to 12.3 for a few seconds!!
    4.75 miles!!

Yay for improvement!

That's awesome! You'll be shocked to look back and see how much you improved in just a little time! :-)
  • angleu
    angleu Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    5.34 miles
    11.51 mph
    27.50 minutes...

3rd time out.. yay!
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    July 1: 4 miles
    July 3: 8 miles
    July 5: 8 miles
    July 6: 13 miles
    July 8: 8 miles

Month to date: 41 miles
    Goal for July: 200 miles

On my way ;)

Happy trails everyone!!
  • Gapwedge01
    Options
    Only 61 miles this past week. On vacation Wed-Sun this week so another low mileage week. :sad:
  • amyram
    amyram Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Today 17 miles
    this week 28 miles
    this month 63 miles
    :smile:
  • Gapwedge01
    Options
    July 1: 4 miles
    July 3: 8 miles
    July 5: 8 miles
    July 6: 13 miles
    July 8: 8 miles

Month to date: 41 miles
    Goal for July: 200 miles

On my way ;)

Happy trails everyone!!

Great consistency. You will make the 200 miles.
  • gonto1067
    gonto1067 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    9.4 miles tonight, not many miles or much speed but the great thing about it is I got my wife to air up her tires and come with me. I was really happy about that!!!
  • Gapwedge01
    Options
    9.4 miles tonight, not many miles or much speed but the great thing about it is I got my wife to air up her tires and come with me. I was really happy about that!!!

Kudos!