Anyone do at home workouts?

Options
I am a stay at home mother on a budget=) lol So I do my workouts at home, videos and walking/jogging. Anyone else share the same workouts and getting progress? I have currently lost 38lbs by doing this=)

Replies

• Beana21
    Beana21 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I do Power 90 at home, since May 9. I'm down 17 lbs currently but two days ago it was 19.6 (hoping it's just water retention! lol). I'll be trying P90x after this in late August/early September. So far working out at home has been better than I expected. I had a gym membership but I was having a hard time motivating myself to go. I quit after I wasn't seeing results but I also think I wasn't in the right mindset like I am currently.
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    I basically do my cardio on the treadmill, and i have some free weights as well. I also have have a contraption called a Cableflex (Google it), which i use when i don't feel like clanging the weights. But i also take martial arts, and i do that 2-3 times a week as a supplement to my home workouts.
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I have a treadmill at home that I run on and I do workout dvd's. I have done 30 day shred and have three weeks to go with Body Revolution. Then I am trying out p90x (little intimidated, but going to do it!). The only outdoor exercise I get is the hikes with my dogs a few times a week.
  • canelly
    canelly Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I do p90x and Jillian michaels videos and I love them.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    me! that's all I've done :)
  • beth40n2
    beth40n2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    www.kettleworx.com I love all of the DVD's and it is a great calorie burn, about 300 for a 30 minutes workout.
  • amusgrave
    amusgrave Posts: 79
    Options
    I only do home workouts. Except my walks that are around my neighbourhood.
  • pwall2004
    pwall2004 Posts: 2
    Options
    My sister and I started the Insanity workouts last week. It is crazy and intense. Just like it says. You definately know you have worked out by the end of the video though.
  • larkiedeek
    larkiedeek Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I have a treadmill and bike at home that I use for cardio. I will start to run outside soon though.

Don't have weights but would like some at home as well.
  • annanoel21
    annanoel21 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I just started doing The Biggest Loser on the Wii, Wii Fit, Active 2. As for workout dvds, I have slim in 6 and the firm, but I am not confident enough to do them without hurting myself lol. Although I plan on starting the dvds soon as my knees allow me to.
  • sjschewlakow
    sjschewlakow Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    My workout at home options: billy Blanks videos, Jillian Michaels videos, running and walking. My only outside the home area is Zumba.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I walk, jog and sometimes do aerobics at home. I have lost 28lb.
  • cmm7303
    cmm7303 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Yes! I do Jillian Michaels videos ($5 off of Amazon) and I've lost 33 lbs in 6 months.
  • angrodriguez92
    angrodriguez92 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I do 30 Day Shred, Yoga Meltdown, and Kickboxing videos from Jillian Michaels. I like the 10 minute solutions, series that is available with netflix streaming. I also really like this kettlebell workout -- http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/kettlebell-workout
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    C25K either treadmill or outside right now, and calisthenics....there isn't a gym withing an hours drive of me.

Edit: Down 7 pounds :)
  • BandedTriaRN
    BandedTriaRN Posts: 303
    Options
    I work out with resistance bands, light weights, riding my recumbent bike (16mph on higher tension) and doing wii fit and sitting yoga.
  • VickyLyons74
    VickyLyons74 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I do P90X, Turbo Jam and Wii Zumba, I have loss 60 pounds at Home! Love it!
  • tigerblood78
    tigerblood78 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    kettlebells FTW
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Working out at home has been the ONLY way I've stuck to working out. I had many failed gym memberships and never ever stuck with it till I started working out at home and I've been doing it consistently since 1996. For me it's easier to throw on workout clothes, slap on my sneaks and hit "play" then to drive 15 mins to the gym and then have to wait around for machines or schedule my already busy schedule around a kickboxing class. I just finished ChaLEAN Extreme with incredible results and I'm starting my first round of P90X July 23rd...intimidated but that's the limitations in my OWN mind lol
  • livinfitanfun
    Options
    I do a lot of what you do! When the weather is nice I bust out the double jogging stroller and walk with the kids for hours! But right now I just mixed up a hybrid program of insanity, p90x, brazilian butt lift and pilates for beginners! Hoping to see some great results with those dvds combined! I also am a 16/8 faster, the BEST lifestyle change I ever made! you can add me if you like I am on here everyday.