Anyone do at home workouts?

Options

Replies

• invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I have agoraphobia and social phobia, so apart from walks with people I know and trust (which obviously are more cardio-inducing due to anxiety than exertion) I'm a home-workout girl, too. Equipment wise I have an elliptical, an aerobic step, a resistance band and some weights that are adjustable up to 10kg each so far, and I can buy heavier weight discs to pop on. I have a few routines, apps and DVDs that I swap between so I don't get bored. So far so good, it's all I've ever done.

Edited for typos.
  • julialla
    julialla Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success! I just started the 30 Day shred by Jillian Michaels...It's a 20 minute packed workout. Can find it on youtube, or order a DVD for a few bucks. And if you have some hand weights, you'll be good to go!
  • Prudiddy
    Prudiddy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Yes rope jumping- burns 500-1000cals plus step aerobics, and dance. They all burn just as many calories as the elliptical and treadmill. You just have to be on fire and make yourself do it! I've lost 25lbs since April 6th.
  • Shani262
    Shani262 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Any video i can get my hands on and my tredmil.
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I walk to and from my house. I do all my other workouts at home, kettlebell, stretch bands and ball is all the equipment I use right now, I also use my own weight in workouts using stairs and furniture.

When winter comes I'll try and get my treadmill working again.
  • smpreston
    smpreston Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I've lost 50 lbs over the past year doing at home workouts. I've gone through P90X, TurboFire, P90X2 and am now doing Insanity. Add in bike rides and you can get a very good workout at home. They key is still the diet though.
  • dsckrc
    dsckrc Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    all of my workouts are done from home with the exception of running at the park once a week. i do cardio on my elliptical and recumbant bike and i do strength from my jillian michaels dvd collection. i add in step aerobics once a week and occassionally, i'll throw in some strength with my exercise band dvd. who can afford a gym membership nowadays? not this one :noway:

i've lost 37.7 lbs. i've exceeded my goal by apx. 1/2lb. yay me!

congratulations on your success and good luck :happy:
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I have a stationary bike in my bedroom and use it most every day. I have tried doing exercise videos but I dont have a lot of room in the condo so I am limited on what I can do. But I get by. :)
  • Chocolatewoman
    Chocolatewoman Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I use Leslie Sansone's Five Really Big Miles DVD and I have a Wii.
  • morganmay92
    Options
    I do, I do the 30 day shred and shrink your waist in 6 weeks...five inches off, its a workout in the prevention magazine I got in the mail...made my abs sore along with 30 day shred.
  • tumblyweed
    tumblyweed Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Literally, today, I just got a great deal on an exercise ball, two 2-pound balls and some tension bands. It all came with a work out CD so I'm freakin' excited!!! :)
  • mpmama2re
    mpmama2re Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I do:

Running in my neighborhood
    Running treadmill
    Weight training (I have a bench in the garage)
    Boxing with my husband and we have punching bag
    Jump rope
    I started with videos but the above is what I do currently.
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    I've done:
    Power 90
    P90X
    Insanity
    Reb Abs
    Turbo Fire
    Insanity: The Asylum
    Now to Body Beast.

I also go to a BootCamp 2 days a week and I love the class I workout with. I love both ways.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Most gyms are annoying. I don't want to have to worry about hogging the weights while someone drips steroids onto me. I work from home fairly often, also, so it is easy for me to grab an hour workout in between conference calls and clickity-clicking on things.

I don't use any videos currently. I did P90X and that was decent. I hear there are a lot of good things for free "On Demand" if you have a service like that with your cable provider.
  • chicpeach
    chicpeach Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I do not belong to a gym or zumba class or anything like that. All my weight has come off via the DIY method: walking in a nearby park, my neighborhood or the treadmill when the weather is bad. I have a weight bench my son left me and some free weights I picked up at garage sales that I use for weight training and I get my yoga videos from youtube. The most money I've spent is for a pair shoes to walk in.
  • ronaldmcyd
    ronaldmcyd Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I got Just Dance 3 for the wii today. Its fun and it makes me sweat.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Yep, down almost 25lbs, two pants sizes, losing fat & working on building some lean muscle, all at home. :bigsmile: I use workout DVDs, phone apps for workout routines, and I run 3 days a week.
  • chicpeach
    chicpeach Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I also want to add that haven't purchased, nor will I, a fitbit or HRM. Not necessary. I'm losing weight fine without the high tech gadgets as well.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss and dedication!
    I have done pretty much everything at home and I've lost 40lbs also. I started out walking on the treadmill, then walking outside, then I started jogging & broke my toe and fractured another foot bone. Now I'm biking and 'trying' to swim. I have a weight machine that I should be using more often and somewhere around here I have hand weights. lol I also garden, by that I mean pulling weeds and pruning. I can't do much mowing with the sore foot but I loved the exercise I used to get from push mowing the entire yard! . You'd be surprised at how many calories you can burn just cleaning your house. But by this I mean, nonstop hard cleaning, not walking around with a feather duster. Running up and down the stairs doing laundry is good exercise too. Sometimes I leave stuff in my laundry room on purpose just so I'll have to go down the stairs again to get it later. Mainly clothes that I've folded and haven't put away.
    I'm sure that by being a stay at home mom, you get plenty of exercise. It truly is hard work and rewarding. Good for you for having the guts to do it. I was fortunate enough to be able to do that also and I have no regrets.
    And oh yeah, I did invest in a Polar FT4 heart rate monitor so now I know what is truly exercise for me and what's not because it shows if you're in your fat burning zone.
  • tinytoyjess
    tinytoyjess Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I have a gym membership and go a few times a week (spin classes), but on the days I don't go to the gym I have a few Jillian Michaels videos I rotate.