Ladies- How many cals do you eat?

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• Mandanbil
    Mandanbil Posts: 40
    Options
    Hi I currently eat 1930 calories and some exercise calories if I am hungry and am steadily losing 1lb a week, I am 46 female and 245 lbs.
  • AbbsyBabbsy
    AbbsyBabbsy Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    1200-1400, depending on the day and my hunger level, but have MFP set for 1200 and definitely prefer to be on the lower end of the range. I don't eat back exercise calories, but my daily exercise is walking ~2 miles or doing some yoga. My body thrives on a lower calorie diet. I had numerous health problems that went away once I reduced calories and started some light walking, even before I lost weight.
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Anywhere between 1800-2100 depending on how much exercise I did that day and how hungry I am. Still losing 1-2 pounds a week! :smile: :smile:
  • Bexyf
    Bexyf Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    1200-1400 for me very rarely 900cals a day but I am poorly atm so thats why its on a day when I wont move from sofa let alone work out x
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and stay between 1800-1900/day netting 1300-1400. I lost 50 lbs before MFP and have lost 56 since MFP so 106 total :) it works for me! I feel great and look even better then I did in highschool due to the fact I'm not flabby aka: skinnyfat!!
  • bdtyson77302
    bdtyson77302 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'7 140 pounds...I'm set at 1390 calories but I go over most days! I think it just depends on the person....eat if you're really hungry!! :) If you are hungry and deprive yourself it may make you resent the lifestyle and have you reaching for chips!!
  • nanainkent
    nanainkent Posts: 350 Member
    Options

I read something interesting the other day that I think that *EVERYONE* should keep in mind while trying to lose weight: During WWII Auschwitz inmates engaged in heavy labor received 1,700 calories per day and those on light work 1,300.

I just want to make sure you all know that this statment is so far from the truth. These prisioners were given a piece of stale bread for breakfast, a bowl of water called soup for lunch or a gruel made of watery oatmeal substance, and for dinner a stale piece of bread. Now way it adds up to 1700 calories, Not even a 600 calories. And on some days (alot of time actually) they were fed nothing at all. Thier food was also laced with substances that caused them diarreah and vomit producing agents. These Nazis were sick and wanted to watch thier prisioners be in as much distress as possible.